Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey Mustang6g!

Nick here from Mishimoto bearing news of our oil cooler kit for the facelifted S-550 GT's! For the full write-up make sure to head over to our Engineering Blog:

WORKING ON A COOLER COYOTE – OIL COOLER KIT R&D, PART 5 – 2018+ UPDATE

NLT_8928.jpg

The Mustang is one of the longest living nameplates in the history of muscle cars; it’s only natural that it continues to evolve with the times. In 2018, Ford launched the latest iteration of its flagship pony car, toting the newest generation of 5.0L Coyote V8 and a series of aesthetic updates. Despite the decades of updates and evolution, the S-550 still has to contend with any engine’s nemesis – heat. Our engineer, Dan dove right in in order to provide improved cooling for your 2018+ Mustang GT. For more info on our kit, along with a link to our discounted presale, make sure that your head to our blog linked above!

As always, feel free to shoot over any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up and make sure that you get in on the presale while it lasts!

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Nick

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
Is this worth while in a daily driver? Will this improve IAT's?

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
For a daily driver, no. You really only need one if you're tracking your car.
Also negative on the IAT. The IAT sensor measures the air temp within the intake tube before the air even reaches the engine block where the oil is.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up and make sure that you get in on the presale while it lasts!

-Nick
Anything for those of us with Forced Induction that have a heat exchanger blocking where you mount the oil cooler?

Sponsored

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys!

-Nick

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
For a daily driver, no. You really only need one if you're tracking your car.
Also negative on the IAT. The IAT sensor measures the air temp within the intake tube before the air even reaches the engine block where the oil is.
What he said ^ :D You're not going to see a change in IAT's with the install of this kit, however, we did design our bracket as a diversion panel in order to guide more air through the cooler.

Also, for use on a daily, it can depend on your driving style and climate, for example in hotter climates it could still come in handy, but the best use case is on the track for sure. Since the stock system is relying on a liquid-to-liquid cooler it can put some added stress on the cooling system where ours eliminates that from the equation. We also include a thermostatic sandwich plate as well, so no need to worry about overcooling your engine oil either.

Anything for those of us with Forced Induction that have a heat exchanger blocking where you mount the oil cooler?
So that will depend on where your heat exchanger mounts. We made sure to utilize the upper grill since most FI heat exchangers will mount in the lower part of the grill

Thanks,
Nick

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Once someone figures out if this will fit with a Procharger stage II system and intercooler I'm in! Looks like the heat exchanger will likely fit moved all the way forward, but I have reservations about the feed and return lines with the intercooler taking up so much real estate. Also curious if the lower radiator hose will work since the PC kit moves the outlet to the t-stat housing facing forward. Living in Phoenix makes me really want to take the stress of cooling the oil away from the radiator! My CHT's get crazy here and this may be a viable option.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
What he said ^ :D You're not going to see a change in IAT's with the install of this kit, however, we did design our bracket as a diversion panel in order to guide more air through the cooler.

Also, for use on a daily, it can depend on your driving style and climate, for example in hotter climates it could still come in handy, but the best use case is on the track for sure. Since the stock system is relying on a liquid-to-liquid cooler it can put some added stress on the cooling system where ours eliminates that from the equation. We also include a thermostatic sandwich plate as well, so no need to worry about overcooling your engine oil either.

So that will depend on where your heat exchanger mounts. We made sure to utilize the upper grill since most FI heat exchangers will mount in the lower part of the grill

Thanks,
Nick
Not sure what sort of dinky heat exchangers you work with but they slide behind the bumper support and cover the upper and lower grills.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Are there plans to produce a kit that has an oil filter relocation option, or an option for a dual filter setup?

JR

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Once someone figures out if this will fit with a Procharger stage II system and intercooler I'm in! Looks like the heat exchanger will likely fit moved all the way forward, but I have reservations about the feed and return lines with the intercooler taking up so much real estate. Also curious if the lower radiator hose will work since the PC kit moves the outlet to the t-stat housing facing forward. Living in Phoenix makes me really want to take the stress of cooling the oil away from the radiator! My CHT's get crazy here and this may be a viable option.
Not sure what sort of dinky heat exchangers you work with but they slide behind the bumper support and cover the upper and lower grills.
Answering these that the same time here! The cooler mounds even with the bumper support (just about right against the grill), so provided the heat exchangers fit behind the support, there should be room for both. Unfortunately, both of our donor vehicles were still only in the planning phase for their FI setups, so it's tough to gauge from just photos, but our engineering team knows that FI is a popular upgrade and wanted to make sure to leave room for intercoolers and heat exchangers. You might have to reroute the lines a bit depending on the amount of space you have left with another HE in that space.

NLT_8891.jpg

NLT_8894.jpg

If the t-stat housing is adjusted for the Pro Charger kit, you might also have to do some custom work with the lower rad hose as well, since we designed it off of the stock location.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Are there plans to produce a kit that has an oil filter relocation option, or an option for a dual filter setup?

JR
Unfortunately, we do not currently have plans for a filter relocation, or dual filter option, but make sure you submit a request to [email protected]!

-Nick
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.