Is grabber lime to much of a “fad color”

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Hey. So I’m thinking about picking up a grabber lime GT but I’m worried it’s a fad type of color that I’ll look back and regret. Does anybody have this color? Do you regret it?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Colors like that are not really fad, but a buyers liking to “stand out”. Most of those type of colors are not produced in high volume. Dealerships will order a few here and there to pop their inventory, but they’re not going to stock like 20 of them...

Years from now, those colors will be sought after - much like the “Grabber” colors of the late 60s early 70’s.

The one color I have not seen Ford bring back yet is “Calypso Coral” which was a really cool color.

If you want to stand out, the Grabber colors will invite many conversations when out and about.

here ya go, ultimate Grabber Lime thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/grabber-lime-s550-mustang-thread.123236/

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you like the color, that's all that matters. You will not see one every time you go for a drive, that's for sure. I've owned 2 green cars now and each time they turned out to be a color that was manufactored for only one year.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go for the craziest color I could get! I got Need for Speed Green and couldn't be happier.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I was torn between the Need For Green and Velocity Blue.
I liked both the same, but thought I might have gotten tired of the green and that it would draw too much unwanted attention.
I mean I couldn't tell the cops that it wasn't me, it was some other green Mustang.
I imagine it would be cool to have a PP2 or GT350 in that color for the rarity.
I saw the Grabber Lime and it's just too bright of a green to me. I find that strange because I like Twister Orange.
That being said, it's your car. If you get tired of it, you shouldn't have trouble finding a buyer.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Not a loud color guy. Maybe a blue or a red is about as far as I will go

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I'd go for the craziest color I could get! I got Need for Speed Green and couldn't be happier.
I don't see too many lightning blues but I do kinda wish I would have gone with crimson... That color looked nice. I love the Need for Green. Looks sick.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't think so. There's a 2nd gen Coyote in a neighborhood near by that's "Gotta Have It Green" and it always looks awesome shining in the sun. It's a loud color but it's certainly not a fad thing because it's so rare to see.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Years from now, those colors will be sought after - much like the “Grabber” colors of the late 60s early 70’s.

The one color I have not seen Ford bring back yet is “Calypso Coral” which was a really cool color.
I'm pretty sure that Competition Orange and Calypso Coral are the same color. In '69/'70 Competition Orange was the name given to the Mercury version whilst Ford called the color Calypso Coral. When it came back in '03 for use on the Mustang, Ford called it Competition Orange, and again for the '12, '15 & 16 model years :)

But, I agree, these colors are a great nod back to the high-impact colors used on many muscle cars in the late 60's and early 70's. The Grabber colors, for Ford, are the most popular.

Take a look at this list of Ford colors.......and checkout the awesome array of colors available on the Mustang in '69 & '70!

https://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin...DH0YQpFbslBsFcvyeeh_U8lmE9qz_KTqSIb2H4ZcEQRKE

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Some colors just get revived with a different name. Let's hope teal and copper don't make comebacks. Or harvest gold from the late 60s. Yuk.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Cool color but I would think it would be hard to sell when that time comes.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hey. So I’m thinking about picking up a grabber lime GT but I’m worried it’s a fad type of color that I’ll look back and regret. Does anybody have this color? Do you regret it?
Ultimatly it is if you like the color and you find it amazing. Dont buy a car color based on what others think. With that said I am one of the lucky few who really does not care what color my car is. As long as not black(for maintenance reasons) or the nail polish reds (too 80s) as I call them I think they are race red. With that said , I saw a grabber lime gt at my local dealer and honestly for me its to much. I love the older mean green cause its green its every definition of green. But the grabber lime... Its more like a special edition crayola, almost a pastel easter color. Some cars can look either good or bad based on color and for me personally this grabber lime is not a color that looks good on the mustang. I just think anyone who gets it would get tired of it after a while. It is rather hard on the eyes. Also think of resell, if privately your gonna have to find someone else who likes it too.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Grabber Lime was near the top of my list with Twister Orange. I always regretted getting standard colors like silver and black. Nothing wrong with them, but wanted to be different this time. I say go for it. They are definitely more rare than others.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Just try to imagine your car two years from now. Will you still love the color or will you tire of it?

I was torn between among 4 different colors, all on the colorful end of the choices. Sometimes I think my car is too bright, even attracting cops. But Kona blue is as subdued as I'm willing to go and even then I would rock silver wheels.

If you have been visualizing yourself in grabber lime for a couple weeks then you clearly like that color. If it is too radical for you then check out a Camaro in the color "shock"!
Sponsored