Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I miss the knowledge of potency in owning and driving my 2018 GT PP1 coupe, now that I have a 2019 EcoBoost™ convertible. The three-hundred-some-odd horsepower the EB offers is more than anyone needs in anything but a racing car. Both cars invite you to engage in antisocial behavior, and there is something wrong with that. Not everyone can resist the impulse.

If you don't intend to drive the V8 on track, strip, or course, you are communicating something about yourself by choosing one. If that's OK with you, have at it.

If what you want is for observers to see you as a rational being with a sense of style, value, and self-confidence, you might want to choose otherwise.

Either car will be a joy to own and drive, but one of them is much costlier in several important dimensions.

Good luck.
Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
1. Turbo lag.

2. I heard an EB putting down the street the other day. It's like it wanted to sound good... but...

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you want a specific daily driver to maximize gas mileage, then EB....

....Outside of Gas Mileage, there is NO ATTRIBUTE of the Ecoboost that makes it preferable to a GT.

Every EB guy I've run into after having an Ecoboost for more than 2 years has said, "I could've had a V8!"

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I miss the knowledge of potency in owning and driving my 2018 GT PP1 coupe, now that I have a 2019 EcoBoost™ convertible. The three-hundred-some-odd horsepower the EB offers is more than anyone needs in anything but a racing car. Both cars invite you to engage in antisocial behavior, and there is something wrong with that. Not everyone can resist the impulse.

If you don't intend to drive the V8 on track, strip, or course, you are communicating something about yourself by choosing one. If that's OK with you, have at it.

If what you want is for observers to see you as a rational being with a sense of style, value, and self-confidence, you might want to choose otherwise.

Either car will be a joy to own and drive, but one of them is much costlier in several important dimensions.

Good luck.
Wait, what exactly are you going on about? Choosing something based on how you think others will perceive you is the exact opposite of self-confidence.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
If you want a specific daily driver to maximize gas mileage, then EB....

....Outside of Gas Mileage, there is NO ATTRIBUTE of the Ecoboost that makes it preferable to a GT.

Every EB guy I've run into after having an Ecoboost for more than 2 years has said, "I could've had a V8!"
To capitalize on this, there's plenty who think "I could've had a gt350/gt500" if financially feasible. A vehicle's power is like a drug. Once you get used to it you'll naturally want more. The EB isn't bad on its own right, but it's slower than the GT. There's only so much you can do to the EB to get more before you're spending way more than just having a GT would've cost. Then you hear other v8s and that's a sound you'll never get. Then you think about how much more potential the coyote has and it's "could've had a v8!"

You basically have to just look deep down. The EB is faster than the 4.6l v8 of old so it's no slouch. If you can live with that then cool, but if you think you'll want more then you have your answer. Asking EB vs GT already insinuates you've started down that path.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Definitely don't drive a used GT350. It's a big step up from the GT in my opinion. I'm not saying the GT and EB aren't great choices too. I own a GT now. But I still miss my GT350. Best car I ever owned.
Truer words could not be said. Do NOT test drive a used GT350 or you will be hooked...it's vehicular crack... Hack is NOT kidding!

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Some of those old 4.6l v8s and older mustangs were trash in my opinion. Ford finally got it right these last couple years, they brought it back like the late 80s early 90s.
Anyways the EB is the modern day v sixxer

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
The base EB is a fantastic alternative to mid to high $20K cars like the Civic Si, Veloster Turbo, etc. Much better looking in my opinion, and more like the Civic Type R or Veloster N in speed. And you can mod the suspension if handling is your thing, although the car is considerably heavier than the hot hatches. But once you spend in the mid 30s you have to make sure you wouldn’t regret the GT. You can rent an A10 GT easily enough for a weekend to see if you can/can’t live without the V8.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Some of those old 4.6l v8s and older mustangs were trash in my opinion. Ford finally got it right these last couple years, they brought it back like the late 80s early 90s.
Anyways the EB is the modern day v sixxer
I think the EB is a pretty stout performance car in its own right. It’s only the existence of the GT that diminishes it.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To capitalize on this, there's plenty who think "I could've had a gt350/gt500" if financially feasible. A vehicle's power is like a drug. Once you get used to it you'll naturally want more. The EB isn't bad on its own right, but it's slower than the GT. There's only so much you can do to the EB to get more before you're spending way more than just having a GT would've cost. Then you hear other v8s and that's a sound you'll never get. Then you think about how much more potential the coyote has and it's "could've had a v8!"

You basically have to just look deep down. The EB is faster than the 4.6l v8 of old so it's no slouch. If you can live with that then cool, but if you think you'll want more then you have your answer. Asking EB vs GT already insinuates you've started down that path.
i shouldn't slam on EB, because I did drive a few, and if I did get one, the suspension would be the first thing I would change. With 17" wheels and what felt like a more floaty suspension than the GT, it would need some work. Lower it, stiffen it, and do some work to drop its weight as much as practical, and I can see how it would be a pretty fun car.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If I don't buy the most car I can afford, I won't be happy and no amount of rationalization will change that.