Active Exhaust Fail

DjMig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 with AE
check your harness at the pinch weld point. Mine did the same thing until it finally popped the fuse and nothing worked.

All the wiring seems intact when I inspected it. Any other thoughts
Sponsored

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
All the wiring seems intact when I inspected it. Any other thoughts
Sure if wires arent showing rubbing after unplugging to view them then only thing I have is Video the baffle plate see if it actually swings during activation of all modes.

DjMig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 with AE
It seems like the baffle plate moves during the toggling between all modes. It seems to be happening more frequently where it reverts back to normal mode. I’ll have a few minutes here/there that track mode still functions appropriately without reverting back to normal. All other modes are still working fine

J_Zinck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
after a recent track day. My exhaust failed again. I took off the harness and both had been nearly sheered. Here are pictures and part numbers. I was able to fix my harness by pushing pins out and slipping over some heat shrink.

parts are $32 bucks each at TASCA auto parts. ford P/N JREZ-14A411-H

View media item 15906View media item 15905
Also added a pinch weld bumper to protect harness....its $2 and 5 minute fab and install.
image1.jpeg
What did you make the pinch weld bumper from? Is it holding up?

Sponsored

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
What did you make the pinch weld bumper from? Is it holding up?
I bent over the pinch weld about 3” in width in the plug-in area. Zero issues since.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Also as an additional problem found and fixed. The passenger side began to rattle. Turns out it was the spring. I removed the factory spring. I then heated spring to mild red color in the center portion and expanded the spring 1/4” and let cool. Did this months ago and all good. No more rattling from baffle.

C34E3B8D-4BF0-4A25-BAEC-006E219CA07D.jpeg

Yoshi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer ST
Vehicle Showcase
could you elaborate on how you went about this? I have an intermittent issue right now with mine giving me the error; however, i did longtubes but didn’t have issues until I drove through huge puddles during a storm. Upon inspection, I noticed passenger side harness making contact. Made adjustments to the exhaust and it’s off of the pinch weld a bit more. Didn’t see exposed wires but one had been pinched. I am able to switch back occasionally to track mode, but eventually, it will always go back to normal. I plan to bend the metal away, heat wrap the wires, but also want to know how to prevent the rattle in case that issue occurs.
Also as an additional problem found and fixed. The passenger side began to rattle. Turns out it was the spring. I removed the factory spring. I then heated spring to mild red color in the center portion and expanded the spring 1/4” and let cool. Did this months ago and all good. No more rattling from baffle.

C34E3B8D-4BF0-4A25-BAEC-006E219CA07D.jpeg

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
could you elaborate on how you went about this? I have an intermittent issue right now with mine giving me the error; however, i did longtubes but didn’t have issues until I drove through huge puddles during a storm. Upon inspection, I noticed passenger side harness making contact. Made adjustments to the exhaust and it’s off of the pinch weld a bit more. Didn’t see exposed wires but one had been pinched. I am able to switch back occasionally to track mode, but eventually, it will always go back to normal. I plan to bend the metal away, heat wrap the wires, but also want to know how to prevent the rattle in case that issue occurs.
After headers and e85 is when the pinched wires happen for me and the exhaust just expanded that much to touch the pinch weld.

As far as the Spring mod goes I took the mini butane torch like to caramelize sugar on crème Brule and about midway of spring heated it til medium red not glowing bright. the spring I put into vise so I could hold heat and pull to enlarge the height of spring. Make sure to pull straight up from center as not doing so could have alignment issues on the motor and baffle knotch. Make sure the baffle is in the open position and that the fuse #34 is pulled in engine bay. Before you start any disassembly.

Yoshi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer ST
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so took exhaust off the car, cut the elbow sections that mate up to the resonator section 1/2” on each side which allowed me proper clearance for the wires on both actuators. Used liquid electrical tape to repair exposed wiring and when that dries, I will add a little extra metal tape for safe measure. Hopefully that all will be enough to eliminate my intermittent issues I was having. Fuse was never blown however so time will tell. If this doesn’t work, I may just replace the harnesses to eliminate that as a variable. From there if it’s still an issue I may try the recalibration steps. If that doesn’t work, it has to be something with the actuator itself. Crossing fingers, but I would doubt that’s the issue though.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I originally thought it was an issue with my headers but then after taking it to Ford for a misfire issue the dealer also notices the passenger side actuator harness was bad and they replaced it. No issues since then and i has been about 10,000 miles.
Did the dealer replace the harness without issue even though you had LTHs?I think I’m having the same issue with my Bullitt.
Sponsored