GT350 getting some praise

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Man, that was a great read regarding the car. Everything I've read and watched about the Shelby basically summarize that there may be others that are faster, others that are more powerful, but there is NOTHING like the 350. It's the complete package for a phenomenal driver's car, not just in terms of performance, but in engagement and feel and just has that special something that puts it almost in a class of its own. It's absolutely a special automobile

And here on TheDrive's article is yet another heaping of compliments for the 350. All of these things that I'm dying to experience for myself. Just a few more weeks...

Last edited:

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Enjoyed reading this today as well!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Eh, the pandering to end of the world audience is getting really old for me. The entire muscle car resurgence was never supposed to happen and manuals started to disappear long before now.

At the end of the day, auto manufacturers will create what sells. Some of the best selling cars on the market outside the MASSIVELY produced cars are performance cars. No doubt there will be some pain from this year (hopefully not next), but we'll evolve and keep going.

Meh

Sponsored

JadeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That was a really fun review. Thanks for sharing it. I went from 4 Fox body's, to nothing for 15 years. I picked up a 2017 S550 last year and was shocked at the performance difference. I added the GT350 earlier this year and I was stunned at the difference. I'm telling you man, what a special vehicle to be able to enjoy.

It's resonator deleted cold-start wale is so vicious you'd think it was angry for being disturbed but it's not angry, ohhh no. That first throttle blip reminds you that it's not rage your hearing, it's the thunderous snort of a war horse warming for battle!

Last edited:

tex929rr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It’s sad to see the end of the manual transmission coming, but I think it’s inevitable. My wife is a retired FedEx and USAF pilot. She used to keep a car in Memphis - econobox with a 5 speed. She let her friends borrow it as needed (lots of FedEx pilots don’t live in Memphis but need to be there for training, simulator rides, etc). There were many pilots in their 40’s and up who couldn’t use the car because they couldn’t drive a stick.

OP
OP
KEVIN J TURK

KEVIN J TURK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017gt350
Eh, the pandering to end of the world audience is getting really old for me. The entire muscle car resurgence was never supposed to happen and manuals started to disappear long before now.

At the end of the day, auto manufacturers will create what sells. Some of the best selling cars on the market outside the MASSIVELY produced cars are performance cars. No doubt there will be some pain from this year (hopefully not next), but we'll evolve and keep going.

Meh
Oh I'm with you there on the gloom and doom part.

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

Meh
Oh don't be a downer, LOL! It's a good retrospective on the GT350 and it's possible place in history.

As far as the end of times vibe- it's all the rage now and has been a growing trend for the last 20 years. Optimism doesn't sell well like it used to.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
haha I'm Still looking at the GT500 and C8 though.

The beat goes on.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
TheDrive said:
"...we can't put off our looming climate disaster just to deal with a pandemic in the short-term."
Clicked and moved on. I wondered how far I'd get before politics entered.

Meh
Right on brother.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It's resonator deleted cold-start wale is so vicious you'd think it was angry for being disturbed but it's not angry, ohhh no. That first throttle blip reminds you that it's not rage your hearing, it's the howl of a war horse warming for battle!
IMO this should be in that article at the end as culmination. Well said :like:

Last edited:

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Fun read. Political inputs by writers who do car reviews are as welcome as sharp poop pains when you are stuck in traffic...not the place... The article did get me pumped up enough to go to my garage and admire the same car that made his dad throw up lol.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Great article, I know I feel like a kid again every time I drive mine. I think its the most awesome driving experience of anything
I have ever driven. Feel lucky to have one.
Sponsored