chirp from right rear IRS.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

The chirp happens at any time, stop and go, forward or backward, downshifting, making turns, no rhyme or reason to it. I've checked torque on every bolt on the IRS on that side, replaced and torqued the axel nut, remove brakes and check pads and clips and even shot lube on the sway brace hanger. No sign of any rubbing on anything. Has been going on now for 2000 miles. I wondering if the half shaft is going bad? Any ideas?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Is it a ā€˜tingā€™ noise?

If so, thats what my last hub sounded like before I replaced it. Good try torqing the axle nut but the hub bearing most likely needs to be replaced.

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is it a ā€˜tingā€™ noise?

If so, thats what my last hub sounded like before I replaced it. Good try torqing the axle nut but the hub bearing most likely needs to be replaced.
Its not a ting, its more of a chirping sound. It doesn't sound like a bearing. Most bearing I've had go bad made a constant grinding squeaking sound. This does the one, sometimes 2 little chirps and its done. I've already replaced and torqued the axel nut. It won't do it all on Jack's. Has to have a load with some torque on it.

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
suspension? does it do it over bumps while driving or only on the "take off"?
I had a dry sway bar bushing that did that when braking and accelerating.

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
suspension? does it do it over bumps while driving or only on the "take off"?
I had a dry sway bar bushing that did that when braking and accelerating.
Nope, doesn't do it over bumps or rough roads. I thought it might be that too and sprayed things with gun lube, still chirped. Did make a nice mess to clean up ...lol

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Have you taken it to the dealer? This is a pretty common noise and it is usually the axle nuts, hubs, or half shafts.

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Have you taken it to the dealer? This is a pretty common noise and it is usually the axle nuts, hubs, or half shafts.
Yep, took it to the dealership, the service manager even drove in the parking lot and it made the noise 8 times for him. Left the car with him and a week later and a bunch of miles later they said the couldn't get it to do it and said it was probably just some dirt in something and gave it back. So all they did was hot rod my car for a week, they even forgot to turn the launch control back off.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately torqing the axle nut is useless if the hub is already bad. They wonā€™t all make grinding noises initially, of the 3 hubs Iā€™ve replaced, one was causing handling issues, two were able to be shifted by hand with some effort, and the other one was making a single pop noise under lower speed accel and decel, none were so bad to make constant grinding noises.

I also tried just torqing the nuts first to no avail, but replacing the hub did fix it.

I canā€™t say for certain if your noise is the same, or if that will fix it, but hubs are a common issue and it sounds like a possible match for what you seem to be describing.

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Unfortunately torqing the axle nut is useless if the hub is already bad. They wonā€™t all make grinding noises initially, of the 3 hubs Iā€™ve replaced, one was causing handling issues, two were able to be shifted by hand with some effort, and the other one was making a single pop noise under lower speed accel and decel, none were so bad to make constant grinding noises.

I also tried just torqing the nuts first to no avail, but replacing the hub did fix it.

I canā€™t say for certain if your noise is the same, or if that will fix it, but hubs are a common issue and it sounds like a possible match for what you seem to be describing.
I'll look into it further then. I have no wheel looseness or movement of any kind. It has to be either the hub bearing or half shaft at this point. Everything else has been checked replaced and torqued. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored