Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
As someone who has tuned their own cars in the past and has been doing this for awhile, I actually appreciate Lunds "no-fluff or bs" business approach. I review the log myself before sending it in in case anything concerns me, but honestly their revisions are dead on. When I installed the fuel system, injectors, E85, and pulley drop, the car was dialed in on the 3rd revision.

Car drives great, 100% better than PBD and the Edelbrock tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing like a good tune. Before I got my dyno tune, I was ready to sell my car after the install I was so disappointed. Completely turned the car around.

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My car drove like crap for the longest time on the Edelbrock tune, lots of jumpy motion in stop and go traffic, and parking lots. Without the nitrous pill installed it's almost undriveable on the edelbrock tune. I finally broke down and got a tune, the difference is night and day. I went with brenspeed, they were able to remote tune the car running the edelbrock kit as-is, car drives like it's stock now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll probably get flamed for this, but has anybody tried the Brenspeed tune?

https://www.brenspeed.com/2015edelsctune.html
I looked at them, but I was an early adopter so I wasn't 100% that the tune was the issue. Taking it in to a shop with a dyno and a reputable tuner was an insurance policy in case I screwed up the install. Brenspeed was one of the first companies to jump on the EB bandwagon, so they've been doing it for a while.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a good drive last night and the temps still stay about 30 over ambient. Cruising, after logs etc. In looking at the logs though, I started at 90* and ended at 86*. Actually went down during the pull.

I must say, getting logs in an auto has been much about driver error!

Maybe it was nerves lol. I have the go ahead to go to 7200 for Lund. So I get into 3rd at 3000 and hammer it. Drops to 2nd and blows the tires into smoke. Log aborted. So I go completely into into manual mode like I should have but forgot and try again. In 3rd at 3000 and hammer it. Blows the tires off again. Log aborted. Try again. Go into 3rd and ease into it this time and finally I’m at 100% throttle by the time I’m just over 4000. I was able to limit wheel spin this run. I need to take @Burkey advice and do 4th gear logs. But the speed would just be so excessive. This road is a back road and recently paved. Nice smooth and grippy. Was warm.

So questions. What do all the parameters in the log mean? I know a lot of them. SAFTOT and Knock look great. Fuel trims are a wee bit rich yet. What slip_des and slip_act mean?

I am tuning with Lund and have found they’ve been very good answering my questions. I’ve had a lot of them too. Fast turn around. They have explained where they like things to be. Maybe your questions are more intelligent than mine and they answer you knowing you have lots of knowledge. Maybe my questions suck and they answer me like I’m a 3 year old knowing from my questions that I know jack sh!t.

I’ve been very happy with them. They did a damn fine job on my NA tune previously and this tune seems to be shaping right up as well.

Thanks as always!

Hopefully someone can explain these parameters I’m logging lol.
EXCELLENT! The answer to your question is slip desired and slip actual. Eg. How much slip is commanded vs the result.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@wsfrazier did you modify your fuel system or install it like it came?

I'm having a custom overflow/surge tank made,. I'll post up when I get it installed.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I installed the Lethal triple pump and dual regulator system. Probably overkill but it was on sale for the same price as a duel pump/single regulator Fore setup. Don't think I will be needing to worry about fueling again on the car atleast.

-10 feed, -8 return, one regulator for hpfp, the other post rails for low side control, triple 450/267 pumps in division-x hat. The Fragola PTFE lines are very stiff and a little hard to work with compared to the Fore Starlite stuff, but the quality is definitely there. Plus they were all pre-measured and assembled so the install was a little easier.

Hardest part was the fuel rails as usual with this Edelbrock blower. Hopefully this was the last time I ever got to touch those fuel rails again.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I installed the Lethal triple pump and dual regulator system. Probably overkill but it was on sale for the same price as a duel pump/single regulator Fore setup. Don't think I will be needing to worry about fueling again on the car atleast.

-10 feed, -8 return, one regulator for hpfp, the other post rails for low side control, triple 450/267 pumps in division-x hat. The Fragola PTFE lines are very stiff and a little hard to work with compared to the Fore Starlite stuff, but the quality is definitely there. Plus they were all pre-measured and assembled so the install was a little easier.

Hardest part was the fuel rails as usual with this Edelbrock blower. Hopefully this was the last time I ever got to touch those fuel rails again.
I'm stuck in Italy, I had my kit before you but can't install it until flights are available. I remember you wanted to know about installing it in series, and posted up a diagram. My opinion was not to install it like that.

Did you do 1 , 2 or 3 pumps all the time? I was thinking 1 with a two pump push on Hobbs.

Sponsored

Christenn23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
My car drove like crap for the longest time on the Edelbrock tune, lots of jumpy motion in stop and go traffic, and parking lots. Without the nitrous pill installed it's almost undriveable on the edelbrock tune. I finally broke down and got a tune, the difference is night and day. I went with brenspeed, they were able to remote tune the car running the edelbrock kit as-is, car drives like it's stock now.
I thought Brenspeed didn't do remote tuning?

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I'm stuck in Italy, I had my kit before you but can't install it until flights are available. I remember you wanted to know about installing it in series, and posted up a diagram. My opinion was not to install it like that.

Did you do 1 , 2 or 3 pumps all the time? I was thinking 1 with a two pump push on Hobbs.
I just ran them in a series, IN to front of pass rail, OUT on end of driver side rail. I suppose technically a parallel setup with a Y feeding both rails would be better, but I wasn't going to hack up Lethals kit and fuel lines, and I'm not trying to make 1kwhp so its fine.

Both Lund and Lethal told me on 18+ cars and E85, running all 3 pumps hot should be fine (they both do it on their cars). So I am doing that for now, I am not a fan of hobbs switches. I do have the wires ran from the pumps to engine bay for a hobbs switch though. So if I decide to do that, it will be quick and easy.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I do have 1 odd issue with the first regulator that feeds the HPFP. No matter what adjustments I make on the regulator, the gauge on the regulator won't change pressure reading, it just swings 60-70psi. I swapped regulators and gauges to make sure it wasn't bad parts. The logs also show the DI side is getting proper fueling. So I can't explain that, but it's working fine. I am guessing the cam lobe on the HPFP is somehow making the pressure swing on that regulator.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just ran them in a series, IN to front of pass rail, OUT on end of driver side rail. I suppose technically a parallel setup with a Y feeding both rails would be better, but I wasn't going to hack up Lethals kit and fuel lines, and I'm not trying to make 1kwhp so its fine. Ok so you did separate returns not the return from the hpfp into the rail. I'll get to see it when I get home not sure if there's any e85 around my house though.

Both Lund and Lethal told me on 18+ cars and E85, running all 3 pumps hot should be fine (they both do it on their cars). So I am doing that for now, I am not a fan of hobbs switches. I do have the wires ran from the pumps to engine bay for a hobbs switch though. So if I decide to do that, it will be quick and easy.

Ok I was trying to see if you ran the return from the hpfp regulator to the rails like that diagram u posted. Anyway sounds like you didn't.

CrazyG123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustng gt
You bought the DWK-17U0400958 with the top hat. The DWK-17U0000958 don’t have the top hat and are like factory and let you use the fuel rail clips that come with the kit.
But aren’t they shorter? How would you secure the rail?
Sponsored