GT500 & Shelby vinyl Letters

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
My domed letters blew off on our first road trip around Lake Isabella (so nice to get out of town). I might have had a spasm with my right foot on an open section and gone into the 120's. Not really surprised and they were well adhered, perhaps poor quality glue. Not sure if I will replace them but I did just get the Zimcraft GT500 for the bar...not impressed. They mailed them in a small letter envelope with no cardboard. For the price we paid for 5 characters, sad.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Curtis: Thanks for the info and yes, DomedLetters will honor the guarantee and send you another set.

I just used @marklboris's recommendation of silicone caulk/sealer and after 24, the letters are securely fixed.

I like a solid black bumper guard though so I am not interested in the "GT 500" vinyl.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
One thing I like about the 2020 GT500 is it's low key badging. All the snakes are black chrome, the fender snakes are smaller than the snakes on my 2013 and the ones in the front and back are mounted on black backgrounds. The GT500 and Shelby are also black so they can't be seen very easily. Without stripes the car is pretty hard to pick out from the rear. A lot of people don't know what it is until they pull up beside you, even then, I don't think they know exactly what they are looking at, on my 13 the GT500 on the side stripes was a dead giveaway. No such thing on the 2020.
Of course that big honking hood scoop is a little hard to hide.

Last edited:

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Agreed Earl. Only the Mustang Enthusiasts know what it is, when the see it...Just fine by me, we know all to well what we have, and my love goes beyond her physical appearance...I'll save the comment on inner beauty for another thread lol.

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Hey KB, your results are impressive on the gummies, I think you changed my mind!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Curtis: The credit goes to Mark but I do like the raised/padded vinyl letters better than flat vinyl for this purpose since the integral letters are negatively embossed, they just "fit." I think you'll be happy with them, just silicone them down and you'll be good to go.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
@kilobravo Just noticed the Avatar link in your signature. This is the Avatar I was referring to last week, and it represents your finest work to date IMO.

bikini-babe_186_avatar.jpg
Good god, Send her to my house :devil:

Mark: Once again, took your advice on the splitter letters with the replacement set. Worked like a champ but then, I expected it would. <smile> I also expect they'll hold up to as Goose would say, "spirited driving." :-)

Thanks again.

spoiler-letters-with-silicone_1900.jpg

Not to be an ass, but from this picture it looks like all the letters are to high up and I see a gap at the bottom of the letters, personally that would drive me nuts, but I like the domed look,

I just have to settle on a color. BTW I didnt notice it in the thread, but anyone make the gt 500 domed? I didnt notice any of the links to the sites a that say they are.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Angel: Problem is, the letters are not quite as large as the embossed indents so you have to decide where to put them.

But honestly, short of looking down right on top of them as I did in the photo, you don't notice the alignment at all.

And hey, it's a free country, Angel, one can be an ass if he wants, right? :-)

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Angel: Problem is, the letters are not quite as large as the embossed indents so you have to decide where to put them.

But honestly, short of looking down right on top of them as I did in the photo, you don't notice the alignment at all.

And hey, it's a free country, Angel, one can be an ass if he wants, right? :-)
Still looks good either way, Plan to do the same myself.

True but I try not to be to people that dont deserve it. Ones that do, the dial goes to max :D

Sponsored

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I went a little overboard but I like it, went with red letters and snake
385905AB-AD00-452E-8608-9D738438CBA5.jpeg

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I went a little overboard but I like it, went with red letters and snake
385905AB-AD00-452E-8608-9D738438CBA5.jpeg
did you get the snake outline and others stuff from bemarosf. it looks great and I know he has done this for the 500s and are awesome or is there another place that is offering it as well. Its nice to have options but most of us are creatures of habit and once we find someone we like it's hard to change brands so to speak....

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I did get it from Bemarosf, i actually had him install them too! They look great!
Sponsored