Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Fuel maybe ? if your using 91 the factory calibration is not even giving you the maximum it can. You can reach 27.5 timing on 93.

Don't buy performance tune if you only have access to 91 lets say, its not going to give you much. They prob got 42 lbs of torque down low adding timing closer to 31 degrees but you can not get your knock sensor to deliver as much if your fuel is not efficient.
No I have access to 93 pure gas here no ethanol in it. it's what I have been using since tune went on. But I thought this kit was designed for 91. its what comes on the sticker in the kit.
Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well I know the physical parts are on correctly and to spec and torque settings on each bolt/screw. as for the flash I was never given any error codes and from my understanding on these cars with the new parts if it still had the old tune it wouldn't run correctly. IM assuming if the new tune was flashed wrong the same would be true. The car runs fine im just not getting this holy crap this is awesome that others are saying they are getting. Maybe ill message ford performance and see if they have any ideas. As of now im not impressed and I personally am in the not worth the money camp.
Yeah, you're right, I had trouble downloading the tune at first and moved the car back in garage and it was running horrible with only the parts and no tune, had error codes all over the place. So you would have noticed that. I agree it's not a "wow" or "holy crap" improvement overall, except for me that 2nd gear improved big time from stock. If I were you i would definitely message Ford and tell them it's not working out. Possibly getting a refund. Maybe go after market then. I'll be doing that later down the road as well most likely.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Has anyone mounted their ProCal device? It comes with a windshield mount. Wasn’t sure if anyone routed the cord behind the dash to mount it cleanly in the car?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Has anyone mounted their ProCal device? It comes with a windshield mount. Wasn’t sure if anyone routed the cord behind the dash to mount it cleanly in the car?
Isn't the procal a one and done? Didn't think it could data log or monitor or perform functions such as kam resets etc like an nguage or bdx. Just not sure the point of mounting if not continuously using?

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Isn't the procal a one and done? Didn't think it could data log or monitor or perform functions such as kam resets etc like an nguage or bdx. Just not sure the point of mounting if not continuously using?
I think they can do alot with it its a new procal not the older one. Look online

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I think they can do alot with it its a new procal not the older one. Look online
Ah cool then if it was finally updated. Mounting would make alot more sense then.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am thinking if there are any updates we would have to do another download with the ProCal tool, correct? Are there usually any updates to this type of kit from Ford?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I doubt I would ever use any of this stuff but it might still be cool to have the device mounted.

582DC6E2-3A52-4463-ADE8-6EC61A8E6FDB.jpeg

73B6BFAD-BC1B-481E-BAC8-AA62A2D1616D.jpeg

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Also anyone know if this kit can be resold or is the tune locked to your vin? as in once you bought it it's yours period?
@Briebee72, I emailed Ford Performance out of curiosity, along with a few other questions. Here is their response:

Ford Performance Rep said:
There is a lot to the process of getting our kits to be 50 State Legal and approved with an EO number.
So, we cannot sell the tunes separately, and once his tool is used to load his tune to his PCM, it is VIN locked.
You the Procal 4 can be used for gauges on a different car but not for tuning.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Have they updated the procal4? Last time I checked, none of the gauges worked. It also needed to be updated so it switched off after exiting the car.

Sponsored

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I haven’t tried any of the gauges but there was an additional update available after I had already loaded the calibration.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
@Briebee72, I emailed Ford Performance out of curiosity, along with a few other questions. Here is their response:
so basically once you install it its yours unless you want to get a few bucks for the hardware parts but those dont cost much new. So once its yours its yours..

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Someone on here already posted up their datalog, from the procal 4, and asked if the car was pulling timing. There was no response to the thread so it got pushed out but it can do quite a bit.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Air inlet installed and everything back together.
The good news is that everything fits back together much easier after a week of driving.
IMG_20200523_202453_789.jpg

Last edited: