Sponsored

Ford PID's

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does anybody know the The PID values for ford in hexadecimal format?

I'm running the RaceCapture app, and it gives me the ability to add OEM specific PID's but i need to convert and add in hexadecimal, but for the life of me can't find them. I've got something from a ford manual, but doesn't really help. In particular i want / found:

Ford Hexadecimal
Engine Oil Temperature = EOT = ?????
Engine Oil Pressure = ??? = ?????
Fuel Rail Pressure = FRP = ?????
Engine Coolant Temperature = ECT = ??????

Anyone able to help? Or even better, use this app and have the details of the parameters already deciphered for RaceCapture
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Try doing a search for Torque APP Ford related stuff. I am pretty sure the Focus guys use this to monitor PID's and they have to be entered in hexadecimal for some specific ones. May be a start atleast.

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
I was tagged in a post on the Autosports Labs community about this. I worked with Brent on the preset for 2011-2014. I have a 2016 GT350 here I could do the same to and see if that preset would work (though I believe in 2017 there may have been a throttle change)

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ah that, would be me then :crackup:
Yeah, i'm trying to get help from wherever i can, as i'm pretty inept with this sort of thing.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bump for any info or help.

Sponsored

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
I have my racecapture back now, I'm validating those GT350 IDs you mentioned did not work for you.

Have you tried running their lua script to look at the raw bus data? it wasn't that hard when we did it on my 11.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Does anybody know the The PID values for ford in hexadecimal format?

I'm running the RaceCapture app, and it gives me the ability to add OEM specific PID's but i need to convert and add in hexadecimal, but for the life of me can't find them. I've got something from a ford manual, but doesn't really help. In particular i want / found:

Ford Hexadecimal
Engine Oil Temperature = EOT = ?????
Engine Oil Pressure = ??? = ?????
Fuel Rail Pressure = FRP = ?????
Engine Coolant Temperature = ECT = ??????

Anyone able to help? Or even better, use this app and have the details of the parameters already deciphered for RaceCapture
Here's an export from the Torque app for Ford specific PID's. Some of these work on the Mustang, some don't. Other than those in the attached list, Torque uses SAE standard PIDs for several other things. If you don't see it in the list, check to see if the standard PID works. You can find a list on Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

I can say for certain that the knock sensor PID in this list is wrong for the Mustang. I use this custom PID that I found on this forum:
Mode and PID: 2203EC
Short name: Knock
Min Value: -10.0
Max Value: 10.0
Units: deg
Equation: Signed(A)/2+(B/512)
Header and diagnostics are blank for me in Torque

One thing you should know however is that some of the things you want are inferred values from other sensors. For instance, the Mustang doesn't have an engine coolant sensor, it infers the temperature based on the cylinder head temp sensor. I think fuel rail pressure is also inferred, and maybe oil temp too, but I'm not sure on that one.

Attachments

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have my racecapture back now, I'm validating those GT350 IDs you mentioned did not work for you.

Have you tried running their lua script to look at the raw bus data? it wasn't that hard when we did it on my 11.
I haven't yet no. I need to check to see if a can do it reading through the Racepture MK2 as my BT OBD reader is at home, and I can't get it.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here's an export from the Torque app for Ford specific PID's. Some of these work on the Mustang, some don't. Other than those in the attached list, Torque uses SAE standard PIDs for several other things. If you don't see it in the list, check to see if the standard PID works. You can find a list on Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

I can say for certain that the knock sensor PID in this list is wrong for the Mustang. I use this custom PID that I found on this forum:
Mode and PID: 2203EC
Short name: Knock
Min Value: -10.0
Max Value: 10.0
Units: deg
Equation: Signed(A)/2+(B/512)
Header and diagnostics are blank for me in Torque

One thing you should know however is that some of the things you want are inferred values from other sensors. For instance, the Mustang doesn't have an engine coolant sensor, it infers the temperature based on the cylinder head temp sensor. I think fuel rail pressure is also inferred, and maybe oil temp too, but I'm not sure on that one.
Cool! Thanks for that. I'll give them a go.
Sponsored