Can’t seem to deactivate advance track

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I tried doing a little bit of drifting just trying to kick it sideways alittle. I deactivated the advance track by holding the switch up for 8-10 seconds and it says it is deactivated, but when I try to fling it out some it corrects me. Is this a issue with mine or is it just something that ford has done to protect spectators.
Sponsored

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Protect spectator's, that is >funny<

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
You’d probably have to have Ford look at it to see if the AT is staying connected despite saying it’s disconnected.

You can always unplug the nannies plug in the fender area by the airbox.

Last Friday night as I was about to make a pass down the strip I couldn’t get mine to turn off. I was holding the switch for 8 seconds and it wouldn’t turn off. So my first run had AT on. After turning the car off and back on prior to the second run it allowed me to turn it off. It had never done that before.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is that off doesn’t exactly mean 100% off. I seem to remember a thread on here about it.

EDIT: Here it is

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/question-re-disabling-advancetrac.107126/
There is a fuse that if you remove it will disable it but it also disables ABS so it's not great idea. I think also there is a plug that you can remove that only disable advancetrac that been said in sport+ or track mode you can do donuts all day long.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Disable it twice.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I can hardly imagine how one could accidentally hold the button pressed for eight seconds.
Are you sure it was the AdvanceTrac that corrected you? Couldn't it have been simply a matter of having too much grip? I mean, you may have broken traction momentarily, but only by a small margin, so a fraction of a second later the tires gripped again. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. :)

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There is a fuse that if you remove it will disable it but it also disables ABS so it's not great idea. I think also there is a plug that you can remove that only disable advancetrac that been said in sport+ or track mode you can do donuts all day long.
Pulling the plug is probably the better way, but even if you lose ABS entirely, the car does not become unmanageable. Not even at the HPDE track session level.

What you do lose without ABS is the ability to steer and brake hard simultaneously, and directional stability under split-mu conditions (right side tires on water/sand/ice, left side tires on bare pavement) gets a lot trickier. Does it even need to be said that drifting your car where either of those conditions might occur would be pretty stupid even with the ABS fully operational?

Norm

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Taking advance track off on my 2020 pp2 seems to deactivate all nannies except ABS. Doughnuts etc. seem normal without any interference.
Sponsored