Sponsored

Flat Rock to re-open w/c 25th May

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't, I cant get the chat to open from my iPhone or my home working connection in the UK :frown: I will drop you a PM :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m currently at the 11th of June ... :like: :sunglasses:

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I’m currently at the 11th of June ... :like: :sunglasses:

June 11 here as well, from an initial production date of April 6. If the 11th sticks, would it be wrong to hope for a mid- to late-July delivery?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
June 11 here as well, from an initial production date of April 6. If the 11th sticks, would it be wrong to hope for a mid- to late-July delivery?
Im not hopeful that the plans 100% fixed yet so I’m not getting my hopes up ...

Looking at your location, you will probably get yours well before mine as I also have the shipping over to the UK :like:

Sponsored

Pony66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carsten
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine is now scheduled for July 11th, originally planned beginning of March, ordered already in October. Shipment than to Germany, hopefully late Sept. arrival for last sunshine cruises due to Convertible :sunglasses:
Hope all waiting get their Ponies as quick and best as possible :clap:
Regards
C

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Ordered my GT premium convertible on 9 Apr 20 and just got word that mine is scheduled to be built during the week of 20 Jul 20.

I wonder when they will start building the 2021's?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ordered my GT premium convertible on 9 Apr 20 and just got word that mine is scheduled to be built during the week of 20 Jul 20.

I wonder when they will start building the 2021's?
The new model year builds ('21MY in this instance) are usually Sept/Oct time......it'll be interesting to see if these are pushed back a couple of months due to the Covid shutdown. Ford haven't even announced it yet, they usually do this around April time (we saw the '20MY Ecoboost High Performance model revealed in April '19). I'm sure if that Mach 1 is really coming, they want to make a big splash. We need some good news!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
They may want to postpone the announcement until they catch up on the 2020 production, in order not to cause a massive wave of suicides among those who've made a down payment on a 2020MY that's not even built yet. Showing us what we're missing out on would twist the knife in the wound. :D

Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
They may want to postpone the announcement until they catch up on the 2020 production, in order not to cause a massive wave of suicides among those who've made a down payment on a 2020MY that's not even built yet. :D
I am SO glad that we have rules in Denmark about not having to pay for stuff before you have the item/goods/house/car in your hands...
Due to taxes I have to pay... take a deep breath... $118.000 for a 2020 5.0 GT PP! - and the dealer won't se a SINGLE dime of that before i have the keys and the registration in my hands.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My contract stipulates that if the initially agreed deadline for the delivery is not met, I'll have to give the dealer fifteen more days to solve the problem. After fifteen days I'll be entitled to ask for my money back and to cancel the contract.
The deadline is mid-August. Considering that my car is scheduled to be built in mid-July, it's obvious that it won't even be delivered in September, let alone by the end of August. I'll be lucky to have it in October. So I will most probably have the chance to withdraw from the deal, after which I can either make a new order for a 2021MY, or forget about the Mustang at all.
But I don't want that. I want my 2020MY. The only thing that could cause a bit of regret would be if they made the 2021MY a mild hybrid. Not a real hybrid, mind you, because I definitely wouldn't want it if that were the case, but a mild one. A mild hybrid would look, feel and drive exactly the same as a normal car, but with a massive fiscal advantage. But then, a mild hybrid would certainly be more expensive.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@Vlad Soare That's actually not much different from the contract I signed at my Danish dealership.

I'm currently eager to get Ford's update about the facelift of the MY2021 because it depends on if it looks better/worse than the 2018 design. If the 2021 looks better then I will be pushing Ford for a cancel on the current contract and sign a new one on a MY2021 for spring next year

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ditching that hideous shark fin antenna would definitely make the 2021MY soooo tempting. :D
In your case I think it would make sense, since you're not planning to drive it in winter. If you can't enjoy it until next spring anyway, then you might as well have a 2021MY by then. But there's also the price to be considered. Until now it has increased steadily year by year, and I don't think 2021 will be an exception.
2020MY is exactly the same as 2019MY, only more expensive. So the 2021MY will be more expensive even if it remains unchanged, let alone if they improve it.