BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
@Racemaster and/or @rum_punch_ruby

when you guys drilled the hole in the pillar which drill bit did you use?

Also, Race, you mentioned you wished you would’ve done it w/o the spacer. Do you still feel the same? I don’t have the ability to machine one so I’m going to do it without.

Also - you mentioned you wished you’d drilled it up a bit higher - approx how far away from the tweeter would you recommend?

I’ll be ordering my NGauge over Memorial Day for the sales and want to do this because it looks so clean. I have some interior plastic pry tools so hopefully the pillar isn’t held on with those damn clips of death like they used in the map light housing lol.
I know you weren't asking me but I can answer a few of the questions.

I used a step drill bit just did it little by little until the ball stud fit through snug.

Getting the pillar off was easier than I thought. Just pull it straight to the right like it would be facing the other pillar if that makes sense. lol
Then un-clip the airbag and tweeter. Then kinda maneuver it out of the dash wedge and out.

The hard part is getting the airbag clip off and on.
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I know you weren't asking me but I can answer a few of the questions.

I used a step drill bit just did it little by little until the ball stud fit through snug.

Getting the pillar off was easier than I thought. Just pull it straight to the right like it would be facing the other pillar if that makes sense. lol
Then un-clip the airbag and tweeter. Then kinda maneuver it out of the dash wedge and out.

The hard part is getting the airbag clip off and on.
thank you kindly!

I didn’t think about the airbag - I appreciate the tips!

does the ball stud come with the nut too?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
thank you kindly!

I didn’t think about the airbag - I appreciate the tips!

does the ball stud come with the nut too?
No it does not.

I surprisingly had one that fit laying around. But any hardware store should have the right size.

RSAinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My 3 year Ford Racing/Roush warranty was up this winter.So now it is time to look to the aftermarket.
Ken and Rob at Palm Beach Dyno have a package deal for the Roush setup which has the Ngauge,the IAT harness and the tune for $1,000.The Rob Shoemaker tune alone is worth the price of admission.Their tune is spot on !!!

Now we all know putting the gauge in the vent is not great as the line of sight is too far over.
The suction cup mount on the windshield I guess works,but do you really want that thing stuck to your shield.
And then there is the autometer a-pillar pod. It has 2 problems.
1) is it does not fit the Ngauge.2) the finish does not match the OEM interior.

So my first idea was to use a 60mm billet gauge pod from cravenspeed.
https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-belmont/
After it showed up I realized there was not enough material to bore it out to fit the Ngauge.Back it went.

I then grabbed a autometer 48010.
https://www.autometer.com/roll-podd-pedestal-mount-for-2-5-8-gauge.html
It is pricey for plastic but it fits well.
Next I found a 16mm ball stud for a gas strut piston.
http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?...rut-Shock-Ball-Stud-Mount-Lid-Bracket_2514775
16mm Ball Stud (Custom).jpg

I then machined a spacer from some black plastic I had.
Plastic Washer (Custom).jpg

Next I drilled into the a-pillar cover.The inside needs to be ground open as the are some support ribs inside.
Inside (Custom).jpg

Here is the outside.
Outside (Custom).jpg

And now with it all mounted back in the car.
Mounted (Custom).jpg

Mounted2 (Custom).jpg

It is out of the way and in the line of sight perfectly.It is angled so you can still remove the SD card.
If I had to do it again ,I would move the bolt up abit higher and not use the spacer.But I'm not taking it apart.

Any questions feel free to ask.
so I could be a little remedial but how does the ngauge connect to the ballpoint thingy is it with the autometer 48010 ? Or are those both two different mounting examples

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
so I could be a little remedial but how does the ngauge connect to the ballpoint thingy is it with the autometer 48010 ? Or are those both two different mounting examples
It's like a clam shell.. You put each side over the ball and it has a Allen bolt to tighten down.

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I know everyone primarily wants to have it in the line of sight but has anyone ever done a mount to put one flush in the cupholder?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I mean, if you are going to do that. You might has well. Just load your tune and throw it in the glovebox

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean, if you are going to do that. You might has well. Just load your tune and throw it in the glovebox
It's still a tool to be used and in the cupholder it is easily accessible when needed but it doesn't need to be in view to be watched 24/7.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
It's still a tool to be used and in the cupholder it is easily accessible when needed but it doesn't need to be in view to be watched 24/7.

Exactly, but if you don't want to view it. Why even mount it somewhere?

Not trying to be a dick

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, but if you don't want to view it. Why even mount it somewhere? Not trying to be a dick
To be viewed while using it for programming, diagnostics, testing... and the front cupholder is almost annoying useless it is so close to the shift lever.

LandTheGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I just got my nGauge and will definitely be doing this to my 2018 gt pp1. So does the autometer 48010 just clip on the back of the nGauge? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just wanna make sure i know exactly what to do when I get it:blush:

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Yes it will go around the plastic housing that attaches to the back of the gauge.
Sponsored