'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So I ordered the Carlson banjo bolts because my stoptech lines came with the wrong banjo. Does this look right? Worried it might leak for some reason.
6381EA5B-0294-438E-9251-37FE56893AE1.jpeg
FA55B102-B0FA-4D1C-A512-446E750C5034.jpeg
You install these yet? How's the line holding up? Thinking about getting these lines since there only $50.

Thanks

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t installed anything yet. Stoptech sent me a banjo bolt but it’s the wrong one again. Now I’m worried as to why my Carlson one seems way longer than the stoptech one. Will it work?
42528BCF-B691-4F37-BB67-41790C1198F6.jpeg

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I wonder how long the stock bolt is?

It shouldn't matter as long as it tight against the crush washers. Worst case, just use your stock bolt and new crush washers.
I have the same Carlson bolt too. Maybe since that stoptech bolt is a different thread, that particular bolt is smaller.

Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how long the stock bolt is?

It shouldn't matter as long as it tight against the crush washers. Worst case, just use your stock bolt and new crush washers.
I have the same Carlson bolt too. Maybe since that stoptech bolt is a different thread, that particular bolt is smaller.

Correct those banjos fit all mustang brakes. gonna confirm tomorrow once I take the stock ones out!

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Correct those banjos fit all mustang brakes. gonna confirm tomorrow once I take the stock ones out!
Sweet, will waiting to see. lol

Just make sure you get the correct bolt
Yeah, if I don't going to try the Carlson bolt if not will just use the stock ones.

Raven_01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
<I am reposting this under suspension and brakes as I don't think it belongs in general forum>
hello
i recently upgraded the front brakes on my 2015 gt automatic to the 6 piston brembos. i thought i would share my experience as i managed to do it fairly inexpensively. i noticed that people are selling their used brembos for far more than they can be had new. so i would like to include a parts list and where you can buy them from. you will need the following.
1)brembo calipers from car id
brcf 430 and brcf 431 140$ x 2
2)the following from rockauto
powerstop z23 $47
raybestos 681954 rotor $65 x 2
raybestos caliper hardware pack H18225A $12
carlson banjo bolt +crush washers H94702 $1.82 x 2
3)the following from tasca
brake dust shields FR3Z 2K004-C and FR3Z 2K005-C $5 dollars each
caliper bolts W716471-S439 $2 x 4

total cost of the above is 491 dollars. you can count on $100 for shipping and tax. also, the calipers have a refundable $100 core deposit you get back when you return your old calipers.
i used pentosin dot 4lv brake fluid. this is equivalent to the motorcraft dot 4lv that came with the car
The brakes work great. slightly more grab than the originals. however, they were replacing 50,000 mile rotors/pads. very smooth and easy to modulate. silent as well. fit fine under the 19 inch painted dark silver wheel option.
the 6 pistons have slightly less piston area than the 4 pistons. this is offset by the larger diameter rotor, however, in terms of torque.
the stock master cylinder appears to be fine for this upgrade. im not sure what to say about the vorshlag experience.
the braking bias does not seem to be affected. regardless, you can always alter bias by changing pads to higher/lower friction.
the raybestos caliper hardware pack is $12 dollars for both sides. the oem one is 85 dollars per side.
the raybestos 681954 is better than the 681954fzn as it is milled to a higher tolerance.
the brake dust shields i listed look different and are much larger than the ones pictured with the ford performance brembo set. my understanding is that the new mustangs have this larger shield.
install was fairly straightforward except for removing the old rotor. you will find it has seized in place. the videos show a guy tapping on it with a mallet a couple times and it is free. this is not the case. it will take ~100 hard blows per side with help from some liquid wrench. i also found that placing a jack under the disc and jacking the rotor up a bit helped to free it.
you can reuse the banjo bolt but not the crush washers.
the caliper bolts are microencapsulated and they recommend they be one use only
the motive power bleeder works ok. it is quite messy and im not sure its better than a manual bleed. one thing i noticed is that if not enough pressure is placed in the chamber, a steady stream of very small bubbles emanates from the caliper that will not clear. my understanding is that this is air entrained from the threads of the bleed screw when the pressure in the system is too low.
overall im very happy with the upgrade and i think any reasonably capable person could do the job successfully. the downside is that the kit adds 5lbs per side to your wheels.
as far as jacking up the car, the easiest way is to place a jack in the middle of the car at the pinch weld. jack up the entire side and simultaneously place two jackstands under the jacking points. repeat for the other side.

regards and good luck

wheel1-jpg.jpg
wheel2-jpg.jpg

Thanks for this. I got the same deal. A local person in my area wanted 550.00 for used parts. I came in under 625.00 plus I sold my 4 Piston set up for 300.00 so I spent actually 325.00.

Sponsored

BillAz31

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
16 Roush Stq 3 (sold), VW Tiguan, Audi TTS,
can you put a link to the calipers on here? I couldn't find them on the site.

OP
OP

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thanks for this. I got the same deal. A local person in my area wanted 550.00 for used parts. I came in under 625.00 plus I sold my 4 Piston set up for 300.00 so I spent actually 325.00.
glad to give something back to this forum as i learned a lot from it over the years

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
. Don't even want to drive it now huh? hahaha

No leaks with the SS lines? Which banjo bolt you use?

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
. Don't even want to drive it now huh? hahaha

No leaks with the SS lines? Which banjo bolt you use?
It’s not drivable right now anyways Lol.

no leaking on the ss line so far and I just used the ones that op posted. The Carlson one is exactly like the oem one.
Sponsored