PP2 Lowering Springs

Disposiblehero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I just picked up a 2020 PP2 on Monday and the wheel gap is a little obnoxious. I was looking at the Ford Performance W springs as an option for reducing it some. My main question is how do the W spring rates compair to the stock PP2 spring? Also does the PP2 come stock with the W springs? Ive seen a few people say it does and a few people say it doesn't.

I searched the forums and the stickies and google and was unable to find a definitive answer other than 20% and 13% stiffer than PP1 springs and no info on the W springs spring rate.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up a 2020 PP2 on Monday and the wheel gap is a little obnoxious. I was looking at the Ford Performance W springs as an option for reducing it some. My main question is how do the W spring rates compair to the stock PP2 spring? Also does the PP2 come stock with the W springs? Ive seen a few people say it does and a few people say it doesn't.

I searched the forums and the stickies and google and was unable to find a definitive answer other than 20% and 13% stiffer than PP1 springs and no info on the W springs spring rate.
Although I have seen the spring rates listed somewhere in these forums before I can't quote you on it now, but I can tell you that the PP2 does not come with the M-5300-W lowering springs. I had the same question so I had a very specific online chat with Ford to make sure my PP2 didn't already have the M-5300-W lowering springs before i ordered them and they assured me it did not, which turned out to be correct. So I ordered and installed them and it did lower the car a hair less than 3/4" which for my tastes takes up just the right amount of wheel gap without getting it too low. They say those springs actually improve the handling performance as well but I haven't put that to the test yet.

To be honest its hard for me to judge the spring stiffness solely on their own because I also installed the Steeda stop-the-hop starter kit at the same time while it was on the lift (yes, it made for a long day LOL) but very happy with the overall results. The ride is a little more firm, which has to be expected. I can tell a difference, especially on rougher roads, but its not extreme by any means and I don't feel comfort was sacrificed at all. As you mentioned, the OE springs are already stiffer than normal 550"s so after a few drives its just a new normal. Its not bouncy either.

Also, if you still have the SC2's on it, the edges are more rounded than a normal street tire which kinda gives the additional illusion of even more gap so just changing tires will help with the gap look.

OP
OP

Disposiblehero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Awsome thank you thats exactly the information i was looking for. Glad to hear they help the PP2 i will be ordering a set in the near future.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. Happy modding!