Sponsored

Has anyone cracked the DCT software/code? Anybody working on it?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Just curious if anyone is working on the DCT software? Anyone have any insight what the challenges are? Or what they are seeing or hoping to gain? And most importantly ETA?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Maybe not successful, but people are looking at it.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Just curious if anyone is working on the DCT software? Anyone have any insight what the challenges are? Or what they are seeing or hoping to gain? And most importantly ETA?
why ??? If anything it just needs to be strengthened for the guys pushing 1k hp

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Well like anything else there is usually room for improvement especially if you have made engine/HP changes. With what looks like with bolt ons and getting into 900hp rather easy, I assume the tranny needs to be updated accordingly. Granted i am coming from regular auto transmission background where a good tranny tune and setup can make a huge difference even on stock motor.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Well like anything else there is usually room for improvement especially if you have made engine/HP changes. With what looks like with bolt ons and getting into 900hp rather easy, I assume the tranny needs to be updated accordingly. Granted i am coming from regular auto transmission background where a good tranny tune and setup can make a huge difference even on stock motor.
i heard obvious disinformation 2 weeks ago in that a certain tuner had "cracked the tcm". I heard it from one of their customers, good guy, no reason to blatantly lie. However, as he explaind the scenarios, it became evident it was false, from start to finish. Said tuner called tremec, and just asked for the files, and they gave them to them.

HP is reverse engineering it, obviously taking much longer than expected, but I do know progress is being made. Attempts have been made to flash.

As for building the DCT, would be 100% useless right now. We do not know what pressure are, and how high they can go, a long with a multitude of other factors not worth stating.

I DO KNOW advancements in other areas are underway, that will prove to be, if successful, much more useful and relevent to everyone.

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 06 mustang drift car
I’ve heard some people say that the shifts can be a lil bit lazy under really light load conditions. Would the TCM tuning be able to make all shifts as fast as possible?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The people that say that need to try Track or Sport mode. Under light load in either of those modes the shifts are rather quick. They hang a bit more, waiting for rpm to climb but as it does they are in short order.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
The ability to turn up the launch rpm would be huge because whats holding the car back now is garbage 60' times for the power they are making. High launch rpm plus a bias ply or stiff wall slick will make a huge difference in E.T.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The people that say that need to try Track or Sport mode. Under light load in either of those modes the shifts are rather quick. They hang a bit more, waiting for rpm to climb but as it does they are in short order.
I agree, when I picked up my car it was in Normal drive mode and I was not impressed. It felt more like an old automatic transmission, short shifted, lazy upshifts and you would be in 7th gear before you hit 45 mph.
I setup the MyMode option and used the Sport mode as a template. I changed the exhaust mode to Normal and that was about it. I change to MyMode as soon as I leave the neighborhood, I drive through the neighborhood in Normal mode with the exhaust set to quite. I don't want to piss off the neighbors or attract to much attention.

I am sure that Ford would like to see everyone drive around in Normal mode because it has the lowest impact on transmission survivability.

If you want the full GT500 experience, do as Tob suggested, use Sport or Track mode. If you enjoy being pinned to the back of the seat, try full throttle and Drag mode.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I picked up a spare DCT the other day.. its already been shipped off to "Area 51" for upgrades :)

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 06 mustang drift car
I agree, when I picked up my car it was in Normal drive mode and I was not impressed. It felt more like an old automatic transmission, short shifted, lazy upshifts and you would be in 7th gear before you hit 45 mph.
I setup the MyMode option and used the Sport mode as a template. I changed the exhaust mode to Normal and that was about it. I change to MyMode as soon as I leave the neighborhood, I drive through the neighborhood in Normal mode with the exhaust set to quite. I don't want to piss off the neighbors or attract to much attention.

I am sure that Ford would like to see everyone drive around in Normal mode because it has the lowest impact on transmission survivability.

If you want the full GT500 experience, do as Tob suggested, use Sport or Track mode. If you enjoy being pinned to the back of the seat, try full throttle and Drag mode.
I just want those instant shifts at any time and any speed

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I just want those instant shifts at any time and any speed
Thankfully, the transmission is calibrated to be much more civil than that unless you want to put it in the mode that best suits your taste. I think you'll come to lean that a stupid fast bang shift when at low speed and under light load isn't the best way to go about it.
Sponsored