Colour choice

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Umm...I just looked it up, and the 303 is twice as much per gallon.
I don't remember it being that way but it's hard to use it up since you need such a light coat and it lasts forever, I haven't had to actually buy any in quite a while
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Getting the color I wanted was a big factor in my last purchase, but not the only one.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been all over the place with my Mustangs. Well, guess I have a thing for Grey and Comp Orange mostly. Unless you want to upgrade for other reasons, wrap it. ;)
1. 96 Mystic Cobra
2. 02 Zinc Yellow GT
3. 04 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
4. 04 Competition Orange Cobra
5. 11 Sterling Grey GT
6, 15 Competition Orange GT

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
There are colors I won't take, colors I want, and colors I will take In the options I have to have.If I get a better deal on a color I will take over a color I want, then I'll take the better deal and live with it.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
There are colors I won't take, colors I want, and colors I will take In the options I have to have.If I get a better deal on a color I will take over a color I want, then I'll take the better deal and live with it.
what colors won’t you take?

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
what colors won’t you take?
First, I won't take black. I've had 3 black cars, 2 without AC, and one with. They look great when clean, but they will not stay clean past the day you cleaned it. If you don't have AC, it's miserable hot in the summer.
Second, loud unconventional colors like "Gotta Have It Green", AKA "Baby Shit Green", Then there was a green that I called garden hose green. I also don't like orange, and purple (not that purple was ever an option, I just don't like purple). There are probably a few others, but you get the idea.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Black isn’t my first choice but it’s usually always on the lot so I take it. Loud colors I tend to pass up also especially for a daily. I’m more of a dark gray or white or possibly even a dark blue on a rare occasion. The Dark Blue mustangs don’t look black, however my two top colors were either white or magnetic gray and both were available I took the white though with the Black PP1 package.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Black is meant for people who can store it in a garage. Wash it weekly and not drive it much, avoid rain/snow days.

I'll never buy a black daily driver. White all the way! Or maybe a silver variant. But when black is clean and mirror finish its my favorite color for many cars.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
True, and it's a catch-22. Black cars look the best, but get dirty as hell, it's a labor of love.

We're going to our cottage in an hour to put the boats in,and I might throw the cover on this garaged car as we'll be up there for 6 days and it will have an inch of dust on it when I get back.

Twilight.jpg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
black is best car for pre-painted aftermarket parts :p

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
the last black car i had was my 2003 mercedes E320 back in '06. never bought another black car after that, too much of a pain in the ass. i actually bought my first white car in 2014 when i bought my 2012 mustang gt, thinking it would stay clean. man was i wrong. i found myself cleaning it as much as the black car. bugs all over the front, dirty water splash all over the side every time i drove through a puddle, road grime kicking up on the rear, etc....now i have gray and i think in terms of looks and ease of maintenance, this is the best balance for me. i'm no longer filled with rage if i wash my car and then drive down a street flooded by sprinklers after...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Living in the high desert, I had ONE black car. And that was it. I loved how it looked when it was clean, but between the constant dust sticking to it and the endless battle with swirls, I refuse to do it anymore, lol. I thought I was ready, but that definitely wasn't the case. The temperatures in the sun would also soar into the 160's which is insane, I could almost cook food on the car. White is way cooler in comparison but it still gets hot.

Sponsored