Sponsored

New 2019 Shelby GT350 Pricing advice

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
I don't think we need to be samies, but...
I'll have to look at that one again. I wasn't considering black due to upkeep, but I saw the picture of yours that you posted in another thread, that car is gorgeous!
Sponsored

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
Just an FYI for those that are still searching for theirs.
I purchased a 2019 Performance Blue with Electronic and Handling Package off the showroom floor with 17 miles on the odo. For $57 K flat (plus tax, etc).

I drove about 6 hours each way to pick it up. The drive home was a great way to gently break the engine in. Single lane Pennsylvania backroads (about 320 miles).

I have already ordered a full stripe kit from Bigworm Graphix. Among other little odds and ends.

If you're on the fence about purchasing this car, I say go out and purchase it. The smiles per mile is off the charts.

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
If you're on the fence about purchasing this car, I say go out and purchase it.
YMMV. Sounds like you got a great deal, but I think some dealers, especially those who got large ADMs last year, are holding strong assuming that we will all flock back in after the pandemic to give them bags of cash for these rare performance cars... at least that's how my last two dealers acted.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI for those that are still searching for theirs.
I purchased a 2019 Performance Blue with Electronic and Handling Package off the showroom floor with 17 miles on the odo. For $57 K flat (plus tax, etc).

I drove about 6 hours each way to pick it up. The drive home was a great way to gently break the engine in. Single lane Pennsylvania backroads (about 320 miles).

I have already ordered a full stripe kit from Bigworm Graphix. Among other little odds and ends.

If you're on the fence about purchasing this car, I say go out and purchase it. The smiles per mile is off the charts.
That is a smokin deal! I would think as a rule you should be able to purchase a 2019 model somewhere between 57-59k depending upon the region and dealership. I don't think we are going to see "fire" sales though....

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
This is my first post. Very helpful board and thread so thanks. Iā€™ve found the NY/NJ dealers really tough to budge. I live in central Jersey and was checking out 19ā€™s with my specific color request. Found a couple cars but couldnā€™t get them near my asking price of $57-58K. One Dealer actually said to me ā€œYou know these cars were going for 5k above sticker before the lockdownā€. So reality hasnā€™t set in yet for them. Luckily found a 20 in my color and option package that was willing to do 4K off sticker (61k). Tried to go under 60 but he wouldnā€™t do it. Itā€™s about 3.5 hours away. Hope itā€™s in good shape when I get there.

Sponsored

OP
OP

lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2012 Mini Cooper S, 2018 Subaru Outback
As promised here she in in all her glory! Shes been in the family now for about a couple of weeks, have put on 500 miles on the car, keeping the revs under 4k for the first 1000-1500 miles so the piston rings set in.

This car gets a LOT of attention, random folks have come up to me and asked what kind of car this is. Best part is my wife likes driving this more compared to our Mini Cooper S thanks to its light clutch pedal feel. Fitting the car seat in for our toddler was a breeze for those who care about that kind of stuff.

Next up going to put on some paint protection film.

image0.png
image1.png
image2.png

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
As promised here she in in all her glory! Shes been in the family now for about a couple of weeks, have put on 500 miles on the car, keeping the revs under 4k for the first 1000-1500 miles so the piston rings set in.

This car gets a LOT of attention, random folks have come up to me and asked what kind of car this is. Best part is my wife likes driving this more compared to our Mini Cooper S thanks to its light clutch pedal feel. Fitting the car seat in for our toddler was a breeze for those who care about that kind of stuff.

Next up going to put on some paint protection film.

image0.png
image1.png
image2.png
To each their own. This is a race engine it is good after 100 miles. The best way to seat the rings is to bring it up to 6-7k and let the engine Rpms run down and also not stay at the same speed for long periods of time and change elevations. While your engine will be fine I firmly believe a lot of issues with the voodoo are from people babying it too much and not driving the engine the way it was built for. I hit redline 200miles in and now have 3000miles with 0 issues and had 0 metal in the oil after changing it and filtering out the old oil to check.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
To each their own. This is a race engine it is good after 100 miles. The best way to seat the rings is to bring it up to 6-7k and let the engine Rpms run down and also not stay at the same speed for long periods of time and change elevations. While your engine will be fine I firmly believe a lot of issues with the voodoo are from people babying it too much and not driving the engine the way it was built for. I hit redline 200miles in and now have 3000miles with 0 issues and had 0 metal in the oil after changing it and filtering out the old oil to check.
Here we go again ;-)

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
An argument as old as cars themselves. I can't wait for the inevitable follow up topics such as which oil is best, Ford vs. Chevy, and manual or automatic.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I am doing the upgrade from a '19 GT PP2. Was able to get the deal done with the 19' GT 350 starting at $5k below sticker. They would not budge any cheaper in the price, but increased the trade-in value. Very excited to be picking up my dream car after work tonight!

Sponsored
OP
OP

lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
I am doing the upgrade from a '19 GT PP2. Was able to get the deal done with the 19' GT 350 starting at $5k below sticker. They would not budge any cheaper in the price, but increased the trade-in value. Very excited to be picking up my dream car after work tonight!

Congrats! Photos please!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Not only pictures needed but even more importantly, please give your impression of the differences. Iā€™ve considered the GTPP2 but keep coming back to that 5.2 FPC engine that is so intoxicating. I know itā€™s apples and zebras but weā€™d like to here your opinion after the newness wears out, if it ever does.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Not only pictures needed but even more importantly, please give your impression of the differences. Iā€™ve considered the GTPP2 but keep coming back to that 5.2 FPC engine that is so intoxicating. I know itā€™s apples and zebras but weā€™d like to here your opinion after the newness wears out, if it ever does.
This is my dream car! Unfortunately my wallet couldn't support this dream for a long time. I first saw this car in person at the Ford Nationals almost 4 years to this day and I was hooked!

Fast forward to last year, I had the opportunity to do a ride along in a GT 350 on the autocross at last year's Ford Nationals. I read the articles and seen all the youtube content. Nothing compares to actually sitting in the car and experiencing it, even as a passenger! The sounds, the handling and the way you were glued to the seat was unforgettable. I happened to see the PP2 for the first time last year at the Ford Performance display. It was parked next to a GT 350. The wheels, the similar rubber to the GT 350R and the look caught my eye. Within a few weeks of coming home from the trip, I found a base model GT with the PP2 option. Of course I did some research when I came home and eventually learned that this was a special car in its own right! I bought the car that day and clocked in almost 7k miles prior to the purchase of the GT 350.

My thoughts are this: The PP2 with it's ABS tuning, 305 series tires and magnaride are leap years ahead in the driving experience of the '15 PP1 that I previously had. The handling was so good! The ride was incredible for what it can do! The only downside to the PP2 is that it handles so well that to me it felt under powered. So I installed the 2018+ Ford Performance GT Tune package on the car a few short weeks ago. The gains in torque in the low RPMs was a shot in the arm in terms of the butt dyno! Normal Mode felt like Sport mode, Sport mode felt like Track mode and Track mode... you get the idea! I was very satisfied with this car!

A month in a half ago I had actually took a used '17 GT 350 for a test drive. I was once again left speechless after driving that short loop from the dealership and back! The excitement from this experience exponentially exploded in my mind and it was even better than the ride along! What a drive!

The PP2 is a very capable car and with the GT tune it made it just that much better! However, it could not replicate the experience of driving the GT 350 or sitting as a passenger in terms of the raw emotion that you experience.

I was finally now at a point in time that my wallet could support this dream!
I have only logged in about 150 miles since purchase of my Shelby GT 350 and my initial reaction is this:
I drove this car as hard as I did in the PP2 on that curvy stretch of road that I have done a hundred times in the past. Where the PP2 was at the limit of my driving ability in the turns, it was effortless when driving the GT 350! Turn after turn, the car inspired more confidence and just kept asking for more! The steering is as different as night and day. The way the car hooks up when you stomp in out of a corner is incredible! The transmission is so crisp in operation... and the sound that engine makes! This spec has the fat guy seats and they are very comfortable and supportive.

My bottom line is this: The PP2 is an awesome ride that has always put a smile on my face! However riding and eventually driving a GT 350 with out a doubt ruined the uniqueness that I felt about the PP2. The PP2 is an excellent bang for your buck offering in terms of performance, especially in the base model spec. You will be on the never ending quest of modifying the PP2 to make it better. Given the choice that you can access for ownership of either a fully loaded PP2 or an entry level GT 350, you would regret not laying the extra cash down and choosing the latter.

Last edited:
OP
OP

lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
Here are some photos from when she was at the shop getting some XPel Clear Bra put on her. My Mini Cooper S is a ton of fun to drive and gets attention from other Mini drivers just because of how the Mini Community is. But no one ever drove up next to me, honked twice and wanted to do a pull on the freeway with the Mini.

This car gets a lot of attention, I mean look at it! One morning coming back from a grocery store run (my wife was driving, I was in the drivers seat). This Challenger come up next to us at the light, its 8am mind you. The guy proceeds to rev the crap out of his car like its Challenger mating season. As a joke I tell my wife "Smoke this fool for me please". As soon as the light turns green she floors it, perfect launch and everything, gets the nose in front of the Challenger till we both have to stop again at the next light which happened to be maybe 200 ft from the last one! At the light we both look at each other and she goes "That was fun". That experience was worth the downpayment I put on the vehicle.

PS: Nothing against Dodge fans, they are great cars too! It could have been a 2002 Pontiac Aztec and my wife would have still gone ballistic.

IMG_9087.jpg
IMG_8936.JPEG
IMG_8925.JPEG
Sponsored