Sponsored

5 Spurs Floating Center Caps

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
Voodoo, put it another way.
If someone said to you, mate if you come and work for me for 3 days, I’ll give you a set of wheel centre caps. What would you say, would you leap at the offer?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Voodoo, put it another way.
If someone said to you, mate if you come and work for me for 3 days, I’ll give you a set of wheel centre caps. What would you say, would you leap at the offer?
let me put it another way! Hopefully you won’t think I’m a dickhead....but I have never heard of a hobby being referenced in days of work.... one works to afford the things they can..kinda like saying..” I went out for dinner with my wife last night and it cost me about 6hours pay?? “. It was just odd to me...so sorry Mate if you took it the wrong way!! I’m not one of those guys!! I believe in a hobby is a hobby. It’s whatever we can all afford. Like do we need the newest iPhone...not really as long as my old one still works.. it’s all analogies I guess.
But seriously, when you bought your BULLITT did you figure how many days work it cost? Or your Beemer or your Miata?? I’ve never looked at things in that light at all....never even crossed my mind!! I think more in the end...can I afford it or not..that’s it for me. Again pls, not trying to offend in any way. Yes, we are all different!

ps: I have a set of the stock wheels and tires, Shelby CS11’s and tires, and the new set of wheels and tires, I’ve asked Kevin at 5 Spurs to ship a set of fixed green BULLITT site caps for the stock ones as well as the Green Sync surround with my K# when they are ready. They are just parts.

cheers mate!!

Last edited:

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
Voodoo, I agree with you 100% re the cost of our ‘toys’,
I don’t work out the cost in days, weeks or months to earn the money. I was merely suggesting the cost of the centre caps was way higher than they were worth/anticipated to be.
I think a couple of the others comments seem to agree with me.
To each their own.
Cheers, mate
John

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I'm in for the fixed caps. I get the floating caps are spendy. 5 spurs is a boutique manufacturer and they could be doing a lot of other things with their time and equipment. I'm grateful they are making unique, cool shit for our cars- cuz I flat out hate the pony caps

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
let me put it another way! Hopefully you won’t think I’m a dickhead....but I have never heard of a hobby being referenced in days of work.... one works to afford the things they can..kinda like saying..” I went out for dinner with my wife last night and it cost me about 6hours pay?? “. It was just odd to me...so sorry Mate if you took it the wrong way!! I’m not one of those guys!! I believe in a hobby is a hobby. It’s whatever we can all afford. Like do we need the newest iPhone...not really as long as my old one still works.. it’s all analogies I guess.
But seriously, when you bought your BULLITT did you figure how many days work it cost? Or your Beemer or your Miata?? I’ve never looked at things in that light at all....never even crossed my mind!! I think more in the end...can I afford it or not..that’s it for me. Again pls, not trying to offend in any way. Yes, we are all different!

ps: I have a set of the stock wheels and tires, Shelby CS11’s and tires, and the new set of wheels and tires, I’ve asked Kevin at 5 Spurs to ship a set of fixed green BULLITT site caps for the stock ones as well as the Green Sync surround with my K# when they are ready. They are just parts.

cheers mate!!
I'll also be getting 2 sets, likely non-floating, for both my daily and winter wheels.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
$300 US plus postage and our terrible exchange rate almost equals the cost of a new Michelin tire so stuff that, I may settle for the fixed caps at $100US

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
WHAT!! No takers on the floaties? I am very much leaning to those as they give a rolls royce/Bentley Look not that the Bullitt is, but a nice unique touch.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
These are for the stock BULLITT wheels! My current wheels have bigger centers...I Just added my stickers!! But ordered a set for the stock wheels anyway!! Non floating!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I really, really like the green!! That’s what I’ll get for my stock wheels!!....and I have these for my new wheels!
D3A7DA79-8253-490C-B016-427C99CE9079.jpeg
D692A486-8985-4914-80B1-7C27DFD354C8.jpeg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd get the black ones. But $28 EACH??? Do you send a naked supermodel to install them, or what? Ha ha. J/K. Are the fixed ones still available? That's all I need. By the way, how do you remove the stock ones? Is a suction cup enough, or do you have to remove the wheels to knock them out? Thx.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
You can carefully pry them off. Or yes, take the wheels off and tap from the inside..your choice!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'd get the black ones. But $28 EACH??? Do you send a naked supermodel to install them, or what? Ha ha. J/K. Are the fixed ones still available? That's all I need. By the way, how do you remove the stock ones? Is a suction cup enough, or do you have to remove the wheels to knock them out? Thx.
Back of the OEM cap has 4 clips just push on them and the cap will pop out. To put in the new ones just line it up on the front of the wheel and then hit it with the palm of your hand. It will pop right in.

Easiest to do it when the wheels are off. You CAN pry them out but be careful or you may end up scratching them.
Sponsored