Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
that's really helpful, thanks :)
Your welcome, I used the Diode Dynamics boards White/Amber you use 5xmin appoxy to place a blob of glue on top of each peg that locate the boards that will keep them secure. The template can be used for both H/ Lamps right & left just flip it over. Take your time don't rush things and ensure you fit the boards in the correct sequence, I tested them with a car battery before securing them. You can plastic weld the cut out piece back with a soldering iron prior too sealing with a good quality sealant. I did mine 4xyears ago now still work fine and never had an issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Thanks so very much for this guys. I have a gas powered hot knife/soldering iron.. always wondered what I may use the hot knife for?? At last I can my Shark gills lit up!!

I design and make resin parts from silicone moulds for scale models. I may make a mould and then make a resin panel for each side that could be screwed on and removed to give access to the led's if need be?

I'm sure I can find threads here on where to get the boards from and how to wire them?

Thanks again guys..

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks so very much for this guys. I have a gas powered hot knife/soldering iron.. always wondered what I may use the hot knife for?? At last I can my Shark gills lit up!!

I design and make resin parts from silicone moulds for scale models. I may make a mould and then make a resin panel for each side that could be screwed on and removed to give access to the led's if need be?

I'm sure I can find threads here on where to get the boards from and how to wire them?

Thanks again guys..
pretty sure these are the ones
https://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/12019/1292/switchback_drl_led_boards_2015_2017_ford_mustang

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, they cost a lot more than I was expecting?? Still, if they're good quality and they're in the uk, what's to worry about??

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks, they cost a lot more than I was expecting?? Still, if they're good quality and they're in the uk, what's to worry about??
mucking it up and having cloudy headlights forever........ :cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me?? Muck it up??? Never!!:blush::blush:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Honestly, at 130 pounds, you might be better off looking for USDM headlights, and just going that direction. No need to cut, just figure out the wiring, install the headlights, and you're done.

JR

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, at 130 pounds, you might be better off looking for USDM headlights, and just going that direction. No need to cut, just figure out the wiring, install the headlights, and you're done.

JR
I very much doubt that I could get a pair of USDM headlights shipped and duties paid for close to £500??

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I very much doubt that I could get a pair of USDM headlights shipped and duties paid for close to £500??
I don't know about duties, but people wreck these things all the damn time in the States. I be you could find a set if you were patient and waited for the right deal to roll around.

JR

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
usdm lights won't work on our cars wiring is different on loom and there's no way to re-angel the lenses to dip left not right :(
Sponsored