You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, yes the letters on the splitter are smoother than the rest of the splitter but certainly not as smooth as say the paint finish on the car or the radiator support I put the other set I had on. Personally, I think the adhesive on both the Domed letters and the vinyl letters I got from TexxasGT350 is not as good as yours. The stickiness on both seemed weak and I did clean the area well. When I was applying them I thought that there was no way they would stick well but maybe they would. They didn't. So I applied a very thin amount of silicone glue and they are sticking perfectly so far. I am using the domed letters because I like the look of them compared to the flat vinyl ones.
OK, same as mine. A friend of mine made me a vinyl banner for my garage, and suggested u6000 clear glue to help hold down some of the vinyl letters that had lifted from the banner being folded and shipped. Is this what you used?

61b5u4AKwHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
No, I did not use glue. I do have that E6000 glue and it is very very good. I wanted something so in case I were to remove the letters to change the color in the future I could. I used GE 100% clear silicone glue. That way it could be removed and I can clean up the plastic on the splitter without any issue.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mark: Again, I had the same experience with the domed letters on the splitter as you. I also felt the adhesive was weak as I'm very familiar with standard adhesive vinyl which is much stronger. So again, thanks for the tip on the silicone, it's coming.

I'm going to assume you're using an electric pressure washer, not one of the higher pressure/volume, ICE-powered models? I've gone through multiple electric ones for vehicle washing, (its gas-powered brother is for the bigger jobs,) from AR Blue and others, just not willing to go to extremes like Mr. Obsessed Garage, (although I salivated over his PW recommendation.) Sorta like Jeff and all that CF. <grin> Come ON, AC, Sarah wants that new VENT! :-)

And Jaime, learned about E6000 today thanks to you, that's two factoids in one day, thanks. <smile> Ordered some of that as well, in case my silicone job doesn't hold. I'm like Mark, if I don't HAVE to make them REALLY permanent, I'd rather not. Truth be told, I'm now wavering as to whether I like it bare. (I know, that's what someone else said..) :-)

OP
OP
Captian_Eddie

Captian_Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 DELIVERED, 2020 GT350, 2005 GT Premium, 2012 Fiesta, 2015 GT Premium, 2017 F150 Lariat,
So..... I ordered sets last night from Zimcraft. I can not say enough about how helpful they were. He spent about 30 Min I.M me back and forth and then went in and modified his ordering system so I could get the color I wanted. All at about 9pm at night. I don't know how strong the adhesive will but but the customer service is spot on!!!!!

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing most of us need haircuts, Jeff. And now I see what you were talking about. Like Jaime, I didn't notice the reflection, I was concentrating on the dang decal. :-)

Thanks, Jaime, I like it too although I did get the contour overlay skewed but at least I caught all the letters. That damn transparent vinyl is a PITA to try and see registration marks. :-)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
As usual, I obsessed over the previous mistake and ended up making another copy of the decal. <laughing at myself> This one went on as advertised. Still needs to dry up some of the moisture.

upload_2020-5-12_9-8-49.png

OP
OP
Captian_Eddie

Captian_Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 DELIVERED, 2020 GT350, 2005 GT Premium, 2012 Fiesta, 2015 GT Premium, 2017 F150 Lariat,
As usual, I obsessed over the previous mistake and ended up making another copy of the decal. <laughing at myself> This one went on as advertised. Still needs to dry up some of the moisture.

upload_2020-5-12_9-8-49.png
So kilobravo, are you going to be offering them for sale??

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Funny that you mentioned this particular avatar, Andy as I saw it when looking for another yesterday and thought, I bet that's the one he was talking about. :-)

Anyway, thank you very much for the kind words. That IS a good one but this is my favorite.

upload_2020-5-12_21-56-21.png

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Mark: Once again, took your advice on the splitter letters with the replacement set. Worked like a champ but then, I expected it would. <smile> I also expect they'll hold up to as Goose would say, "spirited driving." :-)

Thanks again.

spoiler-letters-with-silicone_1900.jpg

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Mark: Once again, took your advice on the splitter letters with the replacement set. Worked like a champ but then, I expected it would. <smile> I also expect they'll hold up to as Goose would say, "spirited driving." :-)

Thanks again.

spoiler-letters-with-silicone_1900.jpg

Looks almost as good as the new Avatar!
Sponsored