Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I've looked at these previously but all I saw was "Power." I still don't see your "Hang On." Is that a custom thing Jeff or is their site gallery just not up to date yet?

Fifty bones, they better be top-notch but if you can customize them, (and I see that 5 Spurs is a forum member so anything from the source would be appreciated, too.)

I just don't want the Power version with the icon, too common IMHO. I sure like the fact that they clip on like the actual face and, that they're machined aluminum. Much better than my decals.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I've looked at these previously but all I saw was "Power." I still don't see your "Hang On." Is that a custom thing Jeff or is their site gallery just not up to date yet?

Fifty bones, they better be top-notch but if you can customize them, (and I see that 5 Spurs is a forum member so anything from the source would be appreciated, too.)

I just don't want the Power version with the icon, too common IMHO. I sure like the fact that they clip on like the actual face and, that they're machined aluminum. Much better than my decals.
It’s custom they are good quality maybe a little pricey but it is very nice

5 SPURS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5spurs.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT

KB, I added custom Text and Logo options after receiving multiple requests for them.
A solid (non-engraved) option is also on offer.

Highlighted below in green from the website. LINK

upload_2020-5-10_23-27-4.png

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
5Spurs: Can I send you a vector file of what I would like to have on one? If so, what max dimension do you use for the inner, flat circle, i.e., do you need bleed.

PS. FYI, no military (or other aircraft) has a "Power" button they're blank or the manufacturer uses a switch.

Thanks for the quick reply and in all likelihood, I'll be a customer. :-)

Sponsored

5 SPURS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5spurs.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT
5Spurs: Can I send you a vector file of what I would like to have on one? If so, what max dimension do you use for the inner, flat circle, i.e., do you need bleed.

PS. FYI, no military (or other aircraft) has a "Power" button they're blank or the manufacturer uses a switch.

Thanks for the quick reply and in all likelihood, I'll be a customer. :-)
Sure thing, send the vector to: [email protected]
Your graphic would fit within a 27/32" circle.

PS: That's only because they haven't tried this button. Would be mandatory if they did.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Someone else is up in the middle of the night, 5S. :-)

But most excellent news on the vector graphic...that will make me a customer but give me some time to come up with my favorite design. :-)

Who knows, if you showed Boeing or one of the other companies your design, they might change their minds. <chuckling>

Obviously, you can resize the vector file I send to the size you need, I was only asking about the edge/bleed for visual purposes when I mock up my own design.

Thanks for the SUPER quick reply.

5 SPURS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5spurs.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT
Someone else is up in the middle of the night, 5S. :-)

But most excellent news on the vector graphic...that will make me a customer but give me some time to come up with my favorite design. :-)

Who knows, if you showed Boeing or one of the other companies your design, they might change their minds. <chuckling>

Obviously, you can resize the vector file I send to the size you need, I was only asking about the edge/bleed for visual purposes when I mock up my own design.

Thanks for the SUPER quick reply.
Not sure about Boeing but back in the day when I lived in Falls Church VA, I did some work at Northrop Grumman HQ. If you come up with a killer design I might have to pay them a visit.

To add to the pressure, folks say you know more Shortcuts on Photoshop than Adobe so I'm expecting something spectacular. Make it good KB, we're all counting on you now.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Kevin: I'm just a moderately experienced, amateur PS and CorelDraw doodler, believe me.

But having cut AND weeded the tiniest vinyl decals my cutter can manage, I understand resolution, another reason I needed the diameter. Do you know what the acceptable resolution is of your CDC machine?

I ask because I'm considering just a snake. The image below is a 1:1 scale export, think your cutter can manage those tiny scales?

Thanks in advance.

kb_start-button-drawing.jpg

5 SPURS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5spurs.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT
Kevin: I'm just a moderately experienced, amateur PS and CorelDraw doodler, believe me.

But having cut AND weeded the tiniest vinyl decals my cutter can manage, I understand resolution, another reason I needed the diameter. Do you know what the acceptable resolution is of your CDC machine?

I ask because I'm considering just a snake. The image below is a 1:1 scale export, think your cutter can manage those tiny scales?

Thanks in advance.

kb_start-button-drawing.jpg
Don't sell yourself short, I've seen some of your work.

The laser will handle anything that's thrown at it, it's very high tech and costs around $60k.

20200502_221835.jpg

Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500

The laser will handle anything that's thrown at it, it's very high tech and costs around $60k.

20200502_221835.jpg
Can the "5" be improved on to make it more distinguishable? This is nice.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

20200502_221835.jpg
Please put me down for one of these once you guys sort out the "5" in the GT500. This is the exact one I wanted, I love it.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I think the lettering is ok but when he took the photo, the white of the lettering is slightly blown out making it look less distinguishable. In person it is probably fine. If Kevin were to make the thin lines of the font on the letters thicker, it may not look like the original font. I am just saying. I took the photo and reduced the highlights a bit and a few other adjustments to get it to look slightly better but working with a JPEG instead of a RAW file is not so easy as you know.

I am anxiously awaiting my POWER button. It has been held up somewhere in transit for some reason. While I like the GT 500 Cobra button, I am not a fan of multiple Cobra's and GT500 lettering in the car.

20200502_221835GT500.jpg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
HS, a $60K LASER!. Surely you contract this out, Kevin, yes?

Anyway, this drawing might work better regarding Jaime's concern.

Made a mistake, need to correct the image and I'll repost.

OK, fixed it.

kb_start-button-drawing_gt500.jpg

Last edited:

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
image.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The image above has the etching in a larger size than the image below. I like the above sizing as it gives me the clarity I would want to see.

20200502_221835GT500.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored