Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
HOLY SMOKE, JAIME, you don't mess around, dude! Wondered why we hadn't seen ya on a Sattidy. :-)

VERY cool trailer, WOW! You leavin' home, now? <grin>

Glad you got the S's, I was starting to worry about ye old USPS.

Me thinks the trailer would have handled significantly better today with the weight of the vehicle in it but that's still a lot of form drag.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, what a set up Jaime! Very awesome man. Congrats.
Was it windy driving that thing back home today from CT? It was windy in our area. Very windy! lol

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, what a set up Jaime! Very awesome man. Congrats.
Was it windy driving that thing back home today from CT? It was windy in our area. Very windy! lol
Thanks Tony, and yes it was wicked windy. Thing was swaying all over the place, it was a little hairy. Just ordered a weight distribution hitch with sway control, that should do the trick.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Thanks Tony, and yes it was wicked windy. Thing was swaying all over the place, it was a little hairy. Just ordered a weight distribution hitch with sway control, that should do the trick.
So what you need now, is a weight distribution hitch, with antisway bar. That will solve that one real quick, and then the electric jack :)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So what you need now, is a weight distribution hitch, with antisway bar. That will solve that one real quick, and then the electric jack :)
Ordered WDH but the the electric jack isn’t going to work without some additional work, and a battery. No freaking 12v from the 7pin...... Thanks Ford for your wisdom in how people want to use their trailers.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ordered WDH but the the electric jack isn’t going to work without some additional work, and a battery. No freaking 12v from the 7pin...... Thanks Ford for your wisdom in how people want to use their trailers.
huh? my electric was super easy, but i mounted a battery box. total maybe an hours worth of work. Enjoy it for now, but as you use it more, and cant think of things you want for bday/holidays etc, keep it in mind. thats what i did

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I use that connection on my truck, Jaime, even though my little trailer doesn't have brakes. Guess I've just always liked that connector more better.

Anyway, off the top of my head, I don't remember what all the pinouts are but isn't there an open one you can use?

But I hear ya on the extra fabrication needed for an electric jack and battery. Now you're moving into RV territory. <smile> Soon you'll have gas heat and air con chickening. <grin>

So, I'm going to assume you want to take her to Ford Nationals. Whether or not that's true, I'm curious where you plan to take her otherwise?

Man, it's a gorgeous morning down here and darn cool for May. Mostly sunny, light north breeze, and seventy-two daiquiris. I plan to do the second erl and filter change, (sorry, Earl :-) here shortly and then take her for a post 1000 mile, social distancing spin. :-)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
huh? my electric was super easy, but i mounted a battery box. total maybe an hours worth of work. Enjoy it for now, but as you use it more, and cant think of things you want for bday/holidays etc, keep it in mind. thats what i did
At delivery inspection, it was discovered there is no 12v coming from the 7 pin. The inside lighting, and the loading lights will not power up, even with the truck running. All other lights work appropriately.

They plugged the trailer into their trailer tester and everything worked as it should. Tested the 7 pin on the truck, no 12v coming from it.

A quick internet search shows Ford no longer supplies constant 12v thought the 7 pin. Apparently it's all done through a module now. and 12v is only supplied when the module senses the electric brakes activating. Pretty stupid, if you ask me. I will be researching a workaround, or installing a battery box to power things up, including an electric jack. I am also going over to the F150 forums to see if there is a Forscan fix for it.

I use that connection on my truck, Jaime, even though my little trailer doesn't have brakes. Guess I've just always liked that connector more better.

Anyway, off the top of my head, I don't remember what all the pinouts are but isn't there an open one you can use?

But I hear ya on the extra fabrication needed for an electric jack and battery. Now you're moving into RV territory. <smile> Soon you'll have gas heat and air con chickening. <grin>

So, I'm going to assume you want to take her to Ford Nationals. Whether or not that's true, I'm curious where you plan to take her otherwise?

Man, it's a gorgeous morning down here and darn cool for May. Mostly sunny, light north breeze, and seventy-two daiquiris. I plan to do the second erl and filter change, (sorry, Earl :-) here shortly and then take her for a post 1000 mile, social distancing spin. :-)
God I hope I don't get carried away with this thing, lol. I already have enough money pits!

Yes, i will use it to go to Ford Nationals in Carlisle, and to Mustang Week in South Carolina (September), assuming both events still happen.

Enjoy your day working on Sarah buddy, let her eat!

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I get my new trailer mid June I upgraded from my previous a little to improve on weekends away at track. Will post mine when I get her

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
At delivery inspection, it was discovered there is no 12v coming from the 7 pin. The inside lighting, and the loading lights will not power up, even with the truck running. All other lights work appropriately.

They plugged the trailer into their trailer tester and everything worked as it should. Tested the 7 pin on the truck, no 12v coming from it.

A quick internet search shows Ford no longer supplies constant 12v thought the 7 pin. Apparently it's all done through a module now. and 12v is only supplied when the module senses the electric brakes activating. Pretty stupid, if you ask me. I will be researching a workaround, or installing a battery box to power things up, including an electric jack. I am also going over to the F150 forums to see if there is a Forscan fix for it.

God I hope I don't get carried away with this thing, lol. I already have enough money pits!

Yes, i will use it to go to Ford Nationals in Carlisle, and to Mustang Week in South Carolina (September), assuming both events still happen.

Enjoy your day working on Sarah buddy, let her eat!
Thast so weird. what year is the raptor again? my 17 xlt, i added the oem trailer brake, and turned on everything with forscan.. im thinking maybe you can turn something on in there. Dont all raptors come with the trailer brake?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thast so weird. what year is the raptor again? my 17 xlt, i added the oem trailer brake, and turned on everything with forscan.. im thinking maybe you can turn something on in there. Dont all raptors come with the trailer brake?
It's a 2020, and yes it has the factory tow package, and Trailer Pro. My research today shows there is no way around this, except to run a new feed to the trailer.

I am holding off for a bit, as I "might" be trading the Raptor in for a Limited. The Limited tows 11,100 lbs, as opposed to 8,000 in the Raptor. That and things like air bags can be added to any F150, where the Raptor you can not. The Raptor will tow pretty good, I just don't think I am comfortable towing almost 8,000 for 1,600 miles (each way).

If the numbers don't work, I won't do it, but I will find out tomorrow.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I get my new trailer mid June I upgraded from my previous a little to improve on weekends away at track. Will post mine when I get her
I look forward to seeing it Jeff.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the Trailer, it is beautiful.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jaime: I wondered about the Raptor pulling a fairly heavy trailer and a vehicle. I'm not up on 150's but the Limited sounds like the better choice, considering. Just hope you get a good deal on that ultra cool Raptor. I've never owned a 150 or any half ton for that matter so I'm not familiar with their towing abilities. But I have pulled an equivalent trailer and weight with a SD and while it handles it alright, you know you're pulling something for sure unlike towing my golf cart which is what I did for years and years. <smile>

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Jaime: I wondered about the Raptor pulling a fairly heavy trailer and a vehicle. I'm not up on 150's but the Limited sounds like the better choice, considering. Just hope you get a good deal on that ultra cool Raptor. I've never owned a 150 or any half ton for that matter so I'm not familiar with their towing abilities. But I have pulled an equivalent trailer and weight with a SD and while it handles it alright, you know you're pulling something for sure unlike towing my golf cart which is what I did for years and years. <smile>
I have a F150 Lariat and it has hauled my last trailer and car without breaking a sweat just need a good load leveling hitch. I recommend https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Equalizer-Sway-Control-Hitch-10-000-lb-p/94-6478.htm it has been an amazing weight distribution hitch for me. My F150 with the 6 Cylinder Eco Boost and max towing package can tow 12K and with my trailer, car extra set of wheels, Quick Jack, and misc stuff in trailer plus weekend luggage for 2 people i push just over 10K have towed it to Florida, MI, PA, NC from Maryland no problems. I did not go with Raptor because I thought it would push right up to limit of the Truck. I also looked at a Shelby Truck but it would not tow it for sure.
Sponsored