Sponsored

MMR Oil Filter Relocation - Install Help

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
PLEASE HELP - If you have done an oil filter relocation kit on a 2018+ GT - please see post #4 and tell me if pictured solenoid from oil manifold is necessary!

I'm in the process of installing the MMR Oil Filter Relocation/Remote Oil Cooler kin on my 2019 GT...

EDIT - Please scroll to post #4 near bottom of page for current question/issue. View attachment 465018 View attachment 465019
Sponsored

Last edited:

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
i had to pull my alternator to get at it (and to remove the coolant lines, since i went to a dedicated setrab 650 oil cooling setup at the same time), easy r&r.
didn't use the MMR (improved racing w/ tstat), mounted it here:

49865477406_3f83637ed4_b.jpg

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Thanks, I was thinking I'd have to remove the alternator as well, but just wanted confirmation that I would.

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
OK - So I took the stock oil crap off after removing the alternator which I had to remove the front anti-roll bar to slide off.

I came across the below solenoid and noticed on the MMR plate going to the block there is no place for it, nor is there on the oil filter adapter plate.

It's part # FT4Z-6C880-B

Here's a link to it and a diagram if that helps...
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...29SpZCE8irdm7-Sm5H4Yq9Ikw8IY43MhoCSDIQAvD_BwE

And here's a picture I took of it tonight...

I just need to know what I'm supposed to do with this part. If it's not necessary and I don't use it, won't that trigger a CEL since I'm not plugging it into the harness? (FYI - I'm obviously still using that sensor since there is a place for it on the new kit).

Help!
20200508_001552.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
I'll try to take a picture of the oil manifold that the above solenoid plugs into so you guys can see more of what I'm talking about.

I'm just trying to figure out if this piece is necessary and if it will throw a CEL, how to get rid of it.

Sponsored

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'll try to take a picture of the oil manifold that the above solenoid plugs into so you guys can see more of what I'm talking about.

I'm just trying to figure out if this piece is necessary and if it will throw a CEL, how to get rid of it.
The 2018+ Gen3 Coyotes have variable oil pressure controlled by the ECU. It’s supposed to improve fuel economy.
Yes, the ECU will post a code when that oil pressure control valve stops responding. I don’t know if the engine will enter limp home mode though.

Cheers,

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
The 2018+ Gen3 Coyotes have variable oil pressure controlled by the ECU. It’s supposed to improve fuel economy.
Yes, the ECU will post a code when that oil pressure control valve stops responding. I don’t know if the engine will enter limp home mode though.

Cheers,
Well shit. Thanks for the response.

Logic tells me I can't be the only one with an 18+ who's using an oil filter relocation kit/remote oil cooler kit where the stock piece is being removed.

Hopefully more people who have done this, mmr or other brand, will pitch in - I don't want to install headers and the motor mounts back on just to have to jack up the car and take them off again bc I needed to somehow tap the unit or swap it out for another.

To be fair, MMR said that this kit was completely compatible with 18+ models, so I'm not sure how they we handle this issue...

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well shit. Thanks for the response.

Logic tells me I can't be the only one with an 18+ who's using an oil filter relocation kit/remote oil cooler kit where the stock piece is being removed.

Hopefully more people who have done this, mmr or other brand, will pitch in - I don't want to install headers and the motor mounts back on just to have to jack up the car and take them off again bc I needed to somehow tap the unit or swap it out for another.

To be fair, MMR said that this kit was completely compatible with 18+ models, so I'm not sure how they we handle this issue...
I wonder what MMR says about that electronic bypass valve?

It should possible to disable the 2018+ GT’s variable oil pressure system. But, I chose to leave it. I’m installing this relocation adapter on my dedicated track car:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-23686

But, I don’t know how well it works yet. I chose it because it allows the hoses to be clocked the way I want.
Cheers,

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
The stock water/oil cooler works very well - would not remove that if you can, and run both your MMR cooler and stock cooler. I run a Setrab 948 with an Improved Racing remote oil filter mount/t-stat and Improved Racing remote oil plate. Depending on your use the MMR kit on its own may be insufficient.
IMG_3197 (1).jpg
Appreciate the advice, but I've heard enough good things about having a remote oil cooler and ditching the stock one that I feel fine with just installing the MMR kit and calling it a day. HOWEVER...

The problem remains of if the oil bypass valve or whatever the hell the part I listed above is called can be left off the system without any negative effects (CEL, limp mode, etc.) or not. I wish someone did this on an 18+ and could tell me...

I'm in the middle of a TT install and this whole thing with oil cooler lines has had me stuck for about 2 weeks now. First, I called up Hellion about their instructions, stating that there was one line that was no way in hell going to reach the oil cooler line, got the 'well we've made it work' response - dead end. Asked around here, got good feedback on the MMR relocation/remote cooler route, so I went that way...but no one mentioned ANYTHING about this solenoid, and think that's because the only others I've talked to about this MMR kit are those with 15-17s, who don't have this stock solenoid in place to even worry about to begin with.

Last edited:

Sponsored

marcom0705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Appreciate the advice, but I've heard enough good things about having a remote oil cooler and ditching the stock one that I feel fine with just installing the MMR kit and calling it a day. HOWEVER...

The problem remains of if the oil bypass valve or whatever the hell the part I listed above is called can be left off the system without any negative effects (CEL, limp mode, etc.) or not. I wish someone did this on an 18+ and could tell me...

I'm in the middle of a TT install and this whole thing with oil cooler lines has had me stuck for about 2 weeks now. First, I called up Hellion about their instructions, stating that there was one line that was no way in hell going to reach the oil cooler line, got the 'well we've made it work' response - dead end. Asked around here, got good feedback on the MMR relocation/remote cooler route, so I went that way...but no one mentioned ANYTHING about this solenoid, and think that's because the only others I've talked to about this MMR kit are those with 15-17s, who don't have this stock solenoid in place to even worry about to begin with.
Hey man I know this is an old thread, but did you ever figure this out? I'm in the middle of a single turbo install and have to relocate the oil filter if I want to run a full exhaust

speedracer99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I am going through this with a new road race car build. I know that mar says it will work but as you see I don't think it will on the 18+. Everything down by the oil port is completely diff from 15-17 and 18+. Hell even ford performance will tell you that their 15-17 remote unit will not work on the 18+. I am working with System-One right now and am pretty sure we have a solution for the 18+ that pulls the water to oil parts off then adds a billet remote adapter in its place leaving the rest of the oem housing, sensors, etc alone so no issues. can private msg me and I can give you my findings as the one adapter part should be here Monday and ill be able to final test fit it all.

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Watching this thread as I just picked up a 20 GT and may (very probable) end up doing an oil filter relocation down the road....I've already got headers for the the thing LOL
Sponsored