Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

matwgood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2013 Ford F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
Nice!

Congrats!

Just finished mine as well!

I had the same worry about the injectors leaking as well. My assumption is that a leak would be noticeable. They’re under lots of pressure and I would think you would see it. At the very least, be able to smell fuel in that area. Yea, the fuel rails are a pain! Which injectors did you go with?

How much fluid did the intercooler system take for you? I’ve had a few drives with some data logging and the level hasn’t dropped yet. I’m sure I’ve got a bubble in there that will eventually come out.
I went with the injectors that came with the Stage 2 system - the 50 lbs/hr ones. My eventual goal is to do a return style fuel system with new injectors. I got about 1.5 gallons in the intercooler system. I haven't driven the car yet but plan to take it out today to do some data logging and see how it is looking. I am excited to get her nailed down with the tune and have some fun going through tires.
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went with the injectors that came with the Stage 2 system - the 50 lbs/hr ones. My eventual goal is to do a return style fuel system with new injectors. I got about 1.5 gallons in the intercooler system. I haven't driven the car yet but plan to take it out today to do some data logging and see how it is looking. I am excited to get her nailed down with the tune and have some fun going through tires.
You should be ok with those though. you won't have any head room for the E if that matters.

matwgood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2013 Ford F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
You should be ok with those though. you won't have any head room for the E if that matters.
Yeah I figured I will run with those and see what happens. Then when the bug hits to go a little faster then look at doing the return style fuel system. Biggest issue when swapping over to E85 is most gas stations here in the Denver area aren't consistent. There is one I know of that consistently test at E85 but most range anywhere from E50 to E75. I notice a lot of people buy 55 gallon drum knowing they are getting perfect E85. Little more expensive but they say its worth it.

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I noticed what looks like a little bit of blow by oil seeping from the top cover. Kit's been on the car for about year now. Anybody else have this, is this normal? Dry to the touch though.
IMG_20200508_113920.jpg
IMG_20200508_113928.jpg

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
If oil is seeping from the lid, that means you're going to have oil all over the intercooler too. I would pop that lid off asap and take a look.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Id ont think it's leaking, the color of the lid and the "wet" part as the same, and it's dry to touch, I think you prob drove through some rain at one point and it left clean spot on the blower. Oil doesn't evaporate, so if it leaked there it would still be oily until it's been cleaned, even water wouldn't wash it off

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Havent noticed any performance degradation. I guess i'll just have to keep an eye on it. There's going to be some oil inside because i'm not running a catch can. The Stock IM was coated inside as well when I took it off at 10k miles to put the blower on.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Havent noticed any performance degradation. I guess i'll just have to keep an eye on it. There's going to be some oil inside because i'm not running a catch can. The Stock IM was coated inside as well when I took it off at 10k miles to put the blower on.
You really want to get yourself a catch-can. An intercooler coated in oil isn’t a happy intercooler.

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well it's in! Not complete yet. Will wait for the brass sensor. I took the plastic one off on the bench top to make it easier. There was so much red loctite on it.

I've got the base tune from Lund. I'm ready to go hopefully by Monday if everything looks good.

It is a real tight fit on a RHD! I had to cut off some of the plastic cowl. I also had to trim off part of the K member.

I found that the intercooler was a tight fit between the factory radiator and the bonnet locking mechanism. I've ended up squashing some of the fins during install. So fingers crossed.

The magnet extension pen I bought pretty much saved me. In particular with the manifold bolts. Just get one.

I found that I hadn't cut off enough of the square plastic retainers for the harness. I had to trim a bit more off otherwise you would have no chance with the injector rail...

I had some trouble with the intercooler hoses that go into the upper and lower bungs on the supercharger. It's tight....

Hopefully the rest goes well next week..
20200508_230102.jpg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's in! Not complete yet. Will wait for the brass sensor. I took the plastic one off on the bench top to make it easier. There was so much red loctite on it.

I've got the base tune from Lund. I'm ready to go hopefully by Monday if everything looks good.

It is a real tight fit on a RHD! I had to cut off some of the plastic cowl. I also had to trim off part of the K member.

I found that the intercooler was a tight fit between the factory radiator and the bonnet locking mechanism. I've ended up squashing some of the fins during install. So fingers crossed.

The magnet extension pen I bought pretty much saved me. In particular with the manifold bolts. Just get one.

I found that I hadn't cut off enough of the square plastic retainers for the harness. I had to trim a bit more off otherwise you would have no chance with the injector rail...

I had some trouble with the intercooler hoses that go into the upper and lower bungs on the supercharger. It's tight....

Hopefully the rest goes well next week..
20200508_230102.jpg
I probably should’ve mentioned that the easiest way to make the HE fit on our RHD cars is to simply remove the latch protection device. The pics in the instructions don’t show one fitted so I can only assume that it’s part of legal requirement in some of the RHD markets. Not sure.
I found the same thing with the harness clips on the cam covers. You’re not alone.
Happy days.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
for anyone who's tuner gives them shit about the plastic sensor, tell them they have no more excuses, they either lack the will or skill, but they do not lack the data

IMG_4821.JPG.jpeg

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
You really want to get yourself a catch-can. An intercooler coated in oil isn’t a happy intercooler.
What brand did you order and did you order one for each side or passenger side only?

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
What brand did you order and did you order one for each side or passenger side only?
I have JLT on both sides. Probably only needed the passenger. Nothing in the driver can even after 10k miles. There are better ones out there, but JLT is cost effective and always in the marketplace used.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a UPR setup for my Whipple (both sides). Modified it so suit. After removing the Whipple I can confirm that very little (if any) oil made it past this setup.
Both sides is probably excessive but with transport costs being what they are, it made sense for me here in Oz. The poor man pays twice kind of thing.
Sponsored