Engine decel rattle

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Natural characteristic of the motor should be there from day one. Not take a year to start rattling.
FWIW my '19 and '20 both did it since brand new.
Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
The question here is when looking at the car in a showroom, if it made that fucken noise then would you still pay full price for it? Because i sure as hell wouldn't.

5.0Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80
Yes VCT solenoid
Process
The question here is when looking at the car in a showroom, if it made that fucken noise then would you still pay full price for it? Because i sure as hell wouldn't.
I know it hurts when I put down $25000 on a $50000 car and hear this noise. I believe a fix will come out eventually. OEM or aftermarket. I’m a die hard Mustang guy and always will be. The deceleration rattle doesn’t affect drivability at all but is annoying at times. Especially when close to a structure. I’ve noticed that when unplugging drivers side closest to firewall VCT solenoid the noise is completely gone. Also I found that when I’m on a steep incline the noise doesn’t exist. For instance i park in an underground parking lot and when exiting up hill incline noise is not there. Timing chain tension must have changed with angle of gravity. I don’t know. Just speculating.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You guys are funny. If engine noises bother you so much, go buy an EV so you won't have to hear any.

5.0Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80
You guys are funny. If engine noises bother you so much, go buy an EV so you won't have to hear any.
More comments from the peanut gallery. My car started chirping loud one day out of the blue only on start up and lasted until engine was at normal running temperature. Brought it into Ford they changed timing chain tensioners and its gone. So if there’s noises that accumulate from wear or whatever the case may be. The forums was where I found the tsb to bring to Ford to correct that loud chirping issue because everyone knows that some Ford dealerships you have to tell them
whats wrong and how to fix it. Everyone knows cars make noises fuel injectors, etc. 12 to 1 compression motors are gonna have noises. So to all the miserable too much time on there hands (if noises bother you) morons. Keep the negative comments to yourself.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So you are saying your issue went from deceleration rattle to chirping at startup? Sounds interesting. I wonder how that happened.

5.0Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80
So you are saying your issue went from deceleration rattle to chirping at startup? Sounds interesting. I wonder how that happened.
Deceleration rattle was always there on 2019. Chirp started after a couple of thousand miles.

5.0Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80
This tsb fixed chirp not the rattle. Technician said tensioners were no good. So I can deal with noises but ones that just pop up out of no where.
Id rather they had my car for 12 hours when they changed tensioners than have more issues occur down the road and tell myself cars make noise just keep driving and I’m stuck with a 4 cylinder fusion loaner for a month.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ok great, then everything is working properly now?

Sponsored

5.0Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80
Ok great, then everything is working properly now?
Chirp is gone but rattle still exists. I can live with it but am confident some kind of fix will be discovered. All of the 9 Mustangs that I have owned were a dream to drive. Sound of the exhaust etc. Highway driving this 19 GT awesome but every 18, 19 and 20 GT with rattle owner knows what it’s like to drive down the street and hear the deceleration rattle ricochet off a house or wall. Many people have noticed and asked me if something was wrong with the car and if that sound was normal. Just gonna drive it and if anything happens I’ll rely on my extended 72 month warranty.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sounds like your all set then. The rattle you hear is a characteristic of this engine. All do it to some degree and sound level. Waiting for a "fix" for this is not worth your time. Just drive it and enjoy your car! As far as others asking you if something is wrong while you drive by, not sure what they are hearing, but it is not the rattle. I have tested this myself and although I can make it out while driving, you need to know what you are looking for. Outside of the car there is no indication of it that I or others can hear. If you get a chance, grab a clip of it while driving and post it here to see if it is significantly louder than what others have posted. It would need to be much loader than the norm to hear outside.

5.0Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80
Sounds like your all set then. The rattle you hear is a characteristic of this engine. All do it to some degree and sound level. Waiting for a "fix" for this is not worth your time. Just drive it and enjoy your car! As far as others asking you if something is wrong while you drive by, not sure what they are hearing, but it is not the rattle. I have tested this myself and although I can make it out while driving, you need to know what you are looking for. Outside of the car there is no indication of it that I or others can hear. If you get a chance, grab a clip of it while driving and post it here to see if it is significantly louder than what others have posted. It would need to be much loader than the norm to hear outside.
This isn’t my car. But it’s the same noise and just as loud.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Hard to hear with the wind noise, but nothing sounded extra ordinary. I also highly doubt anyone not specifically trying to hear the rattle on that car would hear it or think anything is wrong with the car. Post a clip of yours to compare.

aero84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Morais
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Anyone managed to get the deceleration rattle fixed?

Attached a video of mine. Using a stethoscope, I can clearly hear the rattle on the plug connecting to the VVT solenoid on the driver side. There is a similar plug on the passenger side not exhibiting any noise, is tha

Sponsored