Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Yep, got it..the first couple used the '13-'14 "dual line" "font" while the Hornet used "the typeface the day." <grin>

Here's another semi-quickie version...

sarah-side-stripes_03.jpg
Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
While I agree with Kent and there isn't much space for the GT500 lettering all on the front fenders, I still like it there the best. However, looking again at the OP's 500, centered in the middle of the door is starting to grow on me. On the fenders, there is 3/4" of black vinyl on each side of the GT500 and that will have to do. I just took this shot right now in direct sunlight (worst possible lighting) to clearly show without shadows what it looks like since my other photos on this forum where taken more in the shade and it is hard to really see how the stripes look.

NZ7_4671.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
While I agree with Kent and there isn't much space for the GT500 lettering all on the front fenders, I still like it there the best. However, looking again at the OP's 500, centered in the middle of the door is starting to grow on me. On the fenders, there is 3/4" of black vinyl on each side of the GT500 and that will have to do. I just took this shot right now in direct sunlight (worst possible lighting) to clearly show without shadows what it looks like since my other photos on this forum where taken more in the shade and it is hard to really see how the stripes look.

NZ7_4671.jpg
Yup, looks way better this way to me.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

NZ7_4671.jpg
Looks really good!

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Yep, got it..the first couple used the '13-'14 "dual line" "font" while the Hornet used "the typeface the day." <grin>

Your mock up is getting close, but still not correct. When I get to a computer, I can mock it up.

The stripe on this version should be 3 lines. One thick center line with two thin lines top and bottom. The center line is omitted with close tolerances to allow for the GT 500 placement on the door/fender.

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And if we are going to get picky about fonts, there is a slight difference with the GT500 fonts people are showing here. If you look at the first photo, this is not the font that Ford uses. The spacing in the letter G and the number 5 are slightly wider between the lines and the G has different curves. The second photo is the font Ford uses and you can see the differences.

Picture2.jpg
NZ7_4671GT500.jpg

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
This is a picture of the GT500 on 2013 just for reference.

P5060229 2.jpg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Earl, that is almost exactly like mine. It is just my photo looks a little squashed because of the way I took it but it looks just like yours because I got my stripes from Ford for the 2013 GT500.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I have to say MarksB stripes look more like what Ford should have done for side stripes. Not really understanding why the left the GT500 off this time around. But on MarksB car it looks good that way.

In truth if I was to order though, I would go WITHOUT the side stripe. The big Cobra on the side is enough for me.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
..there is a slight difference with the GT500 fonts people are showing here.
Good eye, Mark and you are most certainly correct but that is because I simply traced a photo of my '14's decal. I don't know if Ford Graphics/Publishing/Whatever actually designs the logo by hand or whether someone(s) go to the ENORMOUS trouble of actually creating a typeface. Heck, I'd bet that you can get a doctorate in Font Design, they're SO complicated. It's like music, once you get to a certain level, math takes over.

Anyway, despite my attempts, the original idea which I did a poor job of was what you went with, Mark. (But let me tell you, trying to add the correct, stroke, height and width, etc., to that graphic, ain't an easy task to make it look real.)

All that said and done, I concur with your assessment, Mark and my '14 looks exactly like Earl's and I too got those from the Parts Deepartment. :-)

upload_2020-5-6_14-15-58.png

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Nope

NZ7_4671.jpg
^^^This

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya, Tom but FWIW, I like both eye deers although not sure which one I'd go with if I did it. But that double line makes for some thin strips of vinyl with an equally thin amount of adhesive. That's why I like the solid type.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I hear ya, Tom but FWIW, I like both eye deers although not sure which one I'd go with if I did it. But that double line makes for some thin strips of vinyl with an equally thin amount of adhesive. That's why I like the solid type.
Thats the one....

Where do I sign up.