Need some help uninstalling Whipple Gen 5 head unit

Rebirth_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Long story short is my car got wrecked and its a total loss, the head unit is still good and i need to get it off the car by friday. is there an easy way to get it off without taking the head unit cover off etc. I didnt install it myself i can piece back together the rest of it i just need some help getting the head unit off. Thanks for any info
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Long story short is my car got wrecked and its a total loss, the head unit is still good and i need to get it off the car by friday. is there an easy way to get it off without taking the head unit cover off etc. I didnt install it myself i can piece back together the rest of it i just need some help getting the head unit off. Thanks for any info
You have to take the intercooler lid off in order to reach the bolts that hold the entire unit to the heads. You should watch ones of the install videos and try and get as many parts off as you can since the head unit alone isn't going to be as useful with out the belt drive system needed to run it.

LGSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT
Listen to what Kona says on this and watch some install videos. The more stuff you take off will save you money when installing it again.

OP
OP

Rebirth_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You have to take the intercooler lid off in order to reach the bolts that hold the entire unit to the heads. You should watch ones of the install videos and try and get as many parts off as you can since the head unit alone isn't going to be as useful with out the belt drive system needed to run it.
Thanks, yeah I watched a time lapse vid looks like there's 4 bolts on the outer lip and the rest under the cover. I'll just remove all the hoses and brackets for the things attached. I think that should be it the head unit and fuel rails etc are all that is good, Cai needs a new lid but the rest got damaged. Thanks for the Input, once I get it off I'll send the head unit back to Whipple if possible to be inspected to make sure it's good still

OP
OP

Rebirth_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was able to get the head unit off today wasnt that hard, thanks for replies
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X