Why 'Pony'?

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
For sure. Even though the F4U Corsair was slightly faster . . . and that's a name recently resurrected out of Lincoln's past.

Norm
Not that I want to get into a pissing match over airspeed since there are so many variables, but the Mustang was the faster fighter overall. The Corsair was more maneuverable than the Mustang, and could pull more G's than any fighter in WWII.
I have a friend that used to own both a Corsair and a Mustang at the same time. He got lots of flight hours in both flying air shows, and he loved both of them. We have some interesting conversations when we get together.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not that I want to get into a pissing match over airspeed since there are so many variables, but the Mustang was the faster fighter overall. The Corsair was more maneuverable than the Mustang, and could pull more G's than any fighter in WWII.
I have a friend that used to own both a Corsair and a Mustang at the same time. He got lots of flight hours in both flying air shows, and he loved both of them. We have some interesting conversations when we get together.
And the Corsair has a TV show. :thumbsup:

60f89ba469b2ebe12d2a18ed88bb646d.jpg

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Pony car describes the half trunk of the Mustang. Compared to a most other cars like the Ford Galaxy the Mustang trunk is much smaller, half the size. The first "pony car" was not a Mustang but the name comes from the first Mustangs.
Sponsored