Sponsored

What’s your gas mileage and why did we all pay a GAS GUZZLER TAX!

What is your average fuel MPG?

• Total voters

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
IF you could drive your 5.0 at 55mph in 6th gear on a road trip, I'm sure you could get 30 mpg out of it.
But anyone that would do that should be pulled from the car and beat up for Mustang abuse.
r2WLxem.jpg

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
18.5 mpg, mostly city driving in my '18 GT PP1 A10.

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
19.6 MPG mostly HWY with some spirited driving, averaging 80mph

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
get a little over 15mpg when driving around town only. The last 2,046 km, shows just over 21mpg. That's a mix of city, highway and mountain driving (pushing).

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't pay a gas guzzler tax, checked the sticker to make sure! Bought in NC.

Sponsored

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
upload_2020-5-8_16-14-56.png

I don't think it's terrible. I'm driving her like she was meant to be driven. I have 750 miles on the odo and have filled up four or five times. :rockon:
The ponies like to drink when you drive 'em hard....
If we wanted fuel mileage, though, we would have bought the Focus.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I didn't pay a gas guzzler tax, checked the sticker to make sure!
It's only 2020s, after a certain date. And after that date, ALL states get the same charge, so no difference.

And as far as fuel mileage, it's probably the first time I'll be happy about the fuel mileage of a V8 sports car. Ha ha. It'll be better than my truck for sure, especially on the highway. I get around 16 in the city, and 15 in the highway (TX, so 80+). Car is way more aerodynamic, so should be much better than that, even at those higher speeds.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
The ponies like to drink when you drive 'em hard....
If we wanted fuel mileage, though, we would have bought the Focus.
Dont bee too sure of that. If you drive, even the modern, focus hard, you will start seeing figures close to 20 overal. Hell, my 04 focus gets about the same milage as the bullitt when i am having fun on back roads.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Dont bee too sure of that. If you drive, even the modern, focus hard, you will start seeing figures close to 20 overal. Hell, my 04 focus gets about the same milage as the bullitt when i am having fun on back roads.
Good to know!
So they all like to drink if driven hard...

Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Trip meter shows I'm getting 25-27 mpg, but when I calculate it comes out to 23-24. Still pretty good. Much better than my fox body, I was lucky to get 16-17 with that around town and 22 on the highway staying at the speed limit. I've had people hear my car(s) and mention to me that it must really suck down the gas and I told them it depends on how it is driven. oops sorry I just saw this is for bullits, I have a base model gt with 6r80 and 3.55s...

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - When I discussed ordering my ‘19 Model two years ago, I recall asking if there was a gas guzzler tax and of course the answer was no. At that time my mindset viewed a gas guzzler tax as unacceptable and I might not have ordered it had there been a tax. New York is like Taxachusetts and we abhor paying any extra taxes. In hindsight of course I realize what a mistake that would have been knowing now all the enjoyment I would have missed. Anyway, I have close to 5000 miles on the car in my 2nd driving season and I’ve reset the the average milage number four times (I think) over the two years. Each time I go to reset it the reading is 20.8 mpg. This post prompted me to check it today and it has only been about 500 miles since I reset it and “BINGO” it’s reading 20.8. I haven’t been on any trips thus far so most of my driving is local and I don’t live in a large metropolitan area. It’s just kind of weird in a Bill Murray Groundhog Day sort of way. I’m not a hot rodder, but enjoy rowing thru the gears on occasion. I’m planning a trip to my 60th H.S. reunion at the end of the month so I will reset it and check it immediately after the trip. It had better not read 20.8 again or I’ll think there’s a digital gremlin playing games with me... Bruce

P.S. Follow-up at end of June. Took a 350 mile trip today to reunion. Mostly 2 lane roads with some expressways and some back roads better off not traveled. It took me 4 hours for a normally 3 hour trip. Decided to add some variety so I took some back roads and they turned out to be really back roads - some not wide enough for 2 cars. Anyway i kept running into recently tarred and chip coated roads and had to back up and take a different road. Did that 4 times in an hour. Anyway, two good thing came out of this debacle. (1) overall milage 27.8 and (2) my trip meter with 5,555 miles reads 21.1mpg. This trip Apparently boosted the 20.8 up a bit, so I guess there aren't any little digital gremlins living behind my dashboard unless they're just temporarily on summer vacation... ruce

Last edited:

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
I am right at 14.5 but I drive her well!

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
I get around 18-19 mpg in my normal suburban driving. I have a bit of a leadfoot, so it's not much of a surprise. But prior to the Bullitt I had a mildly modified EcoBoost Mustang and I only ever got around 20 mpg tops around town. For double the cylinders 1 mpg less doesn't seem too bad. That being said when I take the Bullitt on longer highway trips, I can easily see 23-24 mpg. Probably even higher for extended highway cruising (haven't had the chance to take her on a long distance trip yet).

As far as the gas guzzler tax, I did not pay one on my 2019. I believe the reason the 2020s got the gas guzzler tax is because Ford eliminated the Fiesta and the Focus thus bringing up total fleet mpg. In order to offset that with the EPA, they had to add the tax to the higher performing Bullitt vs. the regular GT.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In order to offset that with the EPA, they had to add the tax to the higher performing Bullitt vs. the regular GT.
They just downgraded the EPA numbers by 1, but don't think the EPA can just arbitrarily do that, no? Once you hit 14 city, the gas guzzler tax kicks in. Our 2019s are 15/24, and the 2020s 14/23, which doesn't make sense based on actual consumption. My 3.5EB truck was 17/23, and I got 16/16. Driven about the same way, I'm getting 20/22 on the Bullitt (80+ on the highway), so no way it should have been downgraded IMO.
Sponsored