Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Mine and 100mphclub’s logs showed torque source 7 at those mph’s. That is a TCU rpm limiter. Pretty sure you all will be the same. Probably also explains why manual cars are not seeing these?

Do u think the 3.55 gear causes this problem vs 3.15 because of the gear your in before the shift based on rpm, mph?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
What is the purpose of the tcu rpm limiter? Why doesn't it rear its ugly head in the lower gears?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine and 100mphclub’s logs showed torque source 7 at those mph’s. That is a TCU rpm limiter. Pretty sure you all will be the same. Probably also explains why manual cars are not seeing these?
Was there a trigger? Any idea what caused it?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Was there a trigger? Any idea what caused it?
No clue why except for possible transmission protection. As I had stated earlier some tuners actually lock out 7-10 on their tunes. My tuner said he had to manually go into the code to remove them and there where a bunch in the higher gears.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I had never heard of it on the Roush tune until jmtoast brought it up. Zinc03svt seems to be most familiar with it and knows what causes it.
Both on some. Another poster datalogged it on phase 1 about a year ago. Said it was speed limiters. I tested it and saw the same thing but didn't have a way to verify that it was speed limiters.
Thanks guys.
Great,.......just on the A10 cars. :crazy: :giggle:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Just a quick question here. (Forgive me if it's been asked or covered already.)
When taking your car to the drag strip or Mexico, are you guys using the paddle shifters to shift the transmission or letting the transmission shift itself?
The reason why I ask this is because the GT500 guys were having issues as well and are using the paddles to shift down the track with better luck. (I know they are 2 completely different transmissions.) Just shooting from the hip here.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
When taking your car to the drag strip or Mexico, are you guys using the paddle shifters to shift the transmission or letting the transmission shift itself?
The reason why I ask this is because the GT500 guys were having issues as well and are using the paddles to shift down the track with better luck. (I know they are 2 completely different transmissions.) Just shooting from the hip here.
Nope.. I let the car shift itself. Whenever I shift it on my own I manage to redline it :p

I personally tested it again the other day and my car shifts right about 120mph and 7k RPM. No hanging or issues.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nope.. I let the car shift itself. Whenever I shift it on my own I manage to redline it :p

I personally tested it again the other day and my car shifts right about 120mph and 7k RPM. No hanging or issues.
3.15 or 3.55

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ill be paddle shifting after 100 from now on but no I let it do its own thing.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

You don't have the modes either. I wonder if its just the cars with modes?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
420 has a performance pack car so it has the 3.55 gear. Ccull also has the 3.55 gear and his car doesn't stop at 123. Jmtoast's car has the 123 stoppage whether in normal or drag mode.

Some cars have the issue and some do not. Strange.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
You don't have the modes either. I wonder if its just the cars with modes?
Hmmm.....interesting thought. I suppose tuning could be different on cars with the modes.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Does every 2018+ Mustang get the exact same Roush tune or are there subtle differences depending on the car's pcm code?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
If roush is like Whipple, they start with the current ford strategy and apply their own changes. Ford is constantly updating the strategies so many will be different.