Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have to wonder if a SN-95 sized Mustang would be more popular in Europe and the U.K. The same engines and a few hundred pounds lower weight would be a kick on some of the roads.
The S550 is around the size of the BMW 5-Series, and there are loads of those over here. In this day and age, an SN95-sized Mustang would likely need to forego the rear seats, if it were to stand a chance of still packing a V8 and all the safety kit that it needs to pass the stringent EU crash laws. And if the Mustang was a 2-seater, I wouldn't have one. My kids fit nicely in the back.

Besides, in my opinion, the Mustang is more of a comfy cruiser/bruiser and not suited to be chucked about. A Subaru BRZ or MX5 would be much better suited to that role :)
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The S550 is around the size of the BMW 5-Series, and there are loads of those over here. In this day and age, an SN95-sized Mustang would likely need to forego the rear seats, if it were to stand a chance of still packing a V8 and all the safety kit that it needs to pass the stringent EU crash laws. And if the Mustang was a 2-seater, I wouldn't have one. My kids fit nicely in the back.

Besides, in my opinion, the Mustang is more of a comfy cruiser/bruiser and not suited to be chucked about. A Subaru BRZ or MX5 would be much better suited to that role :)
I agree with this, but it's worth noting that the chassis is actually pretty decent when you throw it into a corner. That IRS that eluded the Mustang for so long really makes the S550 feel decently nimble. Will it hold a candle to an MX5? No, but it's still pretty enjoyable. And I say this as someone who's owned both an Abarth 500, and a MK7 VW GTI.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
the Mustang definitely needs to shed 200+kg dare i say 400kg and a good loosing few inches all round wouldn't be a bad thing either. I still bought and still want it so it hasn't stopped me lol. Definitely get more stares and smiles / waves than any other car I've driven so thats nice :sunglasses:

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Their isn't the option for the V6 stateside either, they stopped production in 2016. I too enjoy the clear taillaights better than red but on certain car colors :) there are some colors I prefer red taillights or better yet tinted/black.
2017 was the last year for the V6 engine. The 6 was available when I ordered my V8 Mustang GT. Too bad Ford didn't raise the stakes on the 6 and offer the Performance pack suspension. I would have considered a GT version of the 6 and added a supercharger.
Sponsored