• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Interest in a slightly cracked carbon R wheel?

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I think that if the weave is broken, then no, it probably isn't repairable.

16:55

Here’s how Lamborghini repairs their customers damage carbon monocoques. These wheels would have a different repair, but it’s to illustrate that it can be repaired if the damage is not catastrophic.

Once the pre-impregnated carbon fiber is cured it will be a strong as the original.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Hang it on the wall and store your air hose or MIG welder extension cord on it.

IMG_0434 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
As I documented here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cracked-r-carbon-wheel.128015/ I had a small crack in my Rs carbon rear wheel. I think it still holds air but I’m not comfortable using it on the track. It may be repairable, idk.

I’m not sure what to do with it besides hang it on the wall? Open to any suggestions, otherwise does anyone have any interest in buying it, make me a offer. It was cool bar artwork for half a year now, but I won’t miss it that much if the price is reasonable.
I would fix this rim and keep it as spare if you use CF wheels on your shelby.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So far the highest offer is $500. When does the auction end?

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
OP
OP

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
So far the highest offer is $500. When does the auction end?
I was going to PM you. I’m looking into repair options. I was quoted $800 by spyder composites to fix it after sending pics. This seems pretty reasonable given the cost of these and probably makes sense to complete my spare set of cf wheels (I have 2 Sets of R wheels, minus this one). They said it won’t be noticeable after fix (which I don’t understand how if they use a patch?) and should be track use safe given the minor damage.

that said, I heat cycle out rears after 7 track days and can predictably swap tires in advance (unlike front tires that die in 3-4 days and require rotation). I bring 3 spare cf wheels to each track event as spares and use the trunk with floor removed for gas jugs to fill near the event and avoid paying track gas prices. I prefer bringing the gas jugs over the 4th spare wheel. I really don’t think I have a practical use for this rear cf wheel other than it completing a set I can sell down the road at a better price than trying to sell 3 individual wheels, but not sure $500 is gonna be worth parting with it if it can truly be fixed for $800.

I’m still thinking about this, will keep you posted and appreciate your interest.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was going to PM you. I’m looking into repair options. I was quoted $800 by spyder composites to fix it after sending pics. This seems pretty reasonable given the cost of these and probably makes sense to complete my spare set of cf wheels (I have 2 Sets of R wheels, minus this one). They said it won’t be noticeable after fix (which I don’t understand how if they use a patch?) and should be track use safe given the minor damage.

that said, I heat cycle out rears after 7 track days and can predictably swap tires in advance (unlike front tires that die in 3-4 days and require rotation). I bring 3 spare cf wheels to each track event as spares and use the trunk with floor removed for gas jugs to fill near the event and avoid paying track gas prices. I prefer bringing the gas jugs over the 4th spare wheel. I really don’t think I have a practical use for this rear cf wheel other than it completing a set I can sell down the road at a better price than trying to sell 3 individual wheels, but not sure $500 is gonna be worth parting with it if it can truly be fixed for $800.

I’m still thinking about this, will keep you posted and appreciate your interest.
Thanks for the reply. Yea, Frank over at Spyder will have to look at it, probably xray it and go from there. I don't know if you recall my CF repair thread, but it cost me a lot of time and trouble to get my CF wheel fixed. Until Frank looks at it, it is a big unknown. My rationale on the number I threw out there was that it would be expensive to round trip ship and if it winds up being a millstone, then it would be a great conversation piece.

So don't sweat it. I totally understand if you want to keep it. But with damage that has not been verified to be repairable, then anything more would be a very expensive table.

Whatever you do, I only ask one thing..... Don't let Terrance have it. :bandit:

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
OP
OP

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Have you contacted Spyder Composites to see if they can fix it?
They said based on my photos they can fix it for $800, it would be like new and unnoticeable. That said, I’ve decided I don’t really need it and would be willing to sell it to someone here for $750 as is, buyer covers actual shipping (from MI, an example to FL was about $90 shipping).

This is a rear wheel from a 2017 R. Wheel is otherwise in excellent condition.

PM if you have any interest.

OP
OP

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classified ad photo
3888513B-865E-400C-9D52-21A21EA68B1B.jpeg
Sponsored