Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Yep, Don, just went out and checked. No hole in the back other than a plastic grommet about two inches in diameter on the back storage lid that has a pop top. No eye deer what it's for.

However, dead center in the headliner, about five inches from the aft edge, is that little microphone. Me thinks Earl's guess is correct, it's a noise-cancelling mike input. Wonder if you can hear a sound different if you tape over it?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Tech Package, although I am pretty sure it is standard equipment on all GT500's.

P5030197.JPG

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the front and rear ANC mics are on both the base and tech package audio systems. Now that I looked closer at your photo, looks like you are missing that mic completely. It installs from the inside of the headliner and snaps onto the hole. It has a male connector a couple of inches long. You may be able to put your finger up in there and feel the female end of the connector it plugs into.

Sponsored
OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes the front and rear ANC mics are on both the base and tech package audio systems. Now that I looked closer at your photo, looks like you are missing that mic completely. It installs from the inside of the headliner and snaps onto the hole. It has a male connector a couple of inches long. You may be able to put your finger up in there and feel the female end of the connector it plugs into.
Yes, correct. I must be missing something.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

ANC (if equipped)

The Automatic Noise Control (ANC) feature reduces the level of occasional low frequency engine noises which compete with audio system playback. The DACMC, built in to the ACM, determines the noise frequency to be canceled from the sound present inside the vehicle and by using engine data from the PCM.
While the engine is running, the ANC microphones monitor undesired noise in the passenger compartment. The microphones transmit this noise as analog signals to the DACMC inside the ACM. The signals are processed to create an inverted phase sound wave with the same amplitude as the original sound. This noise-canceling sound created by the DACMC is transmitted internally to the ACM outputs and externally to the DSP module over 4 twisted pair circuits. The final output by the ACM and the DSP is sent as fluctuating AC voltage to the speakers.
Sponsored