Sponsored

Senior S550 Owners Like Black Wheels?

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
Speaking for myself I would say the original poster is on the money with me. I am 51 and never liked the look of black wheels (old school Magnum 500 guy). However my 2017 PP GT has black wheels and I love the car.
20200215_123621.jpg
Sponsored

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
I prefer the silver on my Ruby Red, but think my son's black look good with his metallic.
20200426_183415.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Am I reading you right, you like the black wheels, are you talking about the wheels that came on the car?

Cuzzzzzzzzzz if you are they are not really black. I say a dark gun metal, silver/black, heavy on the black.
The Shelby wheels are 100% black, I would love the PP2 wheels, but they will not fit my vehicle.

What I was saying was, I didn't like black wheels prior to getting the Shelby, and thought I would be changing them once I got the car. After seeing Shelby's with silver rims, it just didn't look right... and I was not able to put my finger on it.
The Shelby's ONLY came with black wheels ('15-'20 models). Changing the OEM look was going to change the intent of the OEM vehicle. It was kind of like putting NON Hildebrandt wheels on an AC Cobra.............. it just doesn't work...!!!!

Google the Hildebrant reference if you are not familiar.

Does this make sense?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
The Shelby wheels are 100% black, I would love the PP2 wheels, but they will not fit my vehicle.

What I was saying was, I didn't like black wheels prior to getting the Shelby, and thought I would be changing them once I got the car. After seeing Shelby's with silver rims, it just didn't look right... and I was not able to put my finger on it.
The Shelby's ONLY came with black wheels ('15-'20 models). Changing the OEM look was going to change the intent of the OEM vehicle. It was kind of like putting NON Hildebrandt wheels on an AC Cobra.............. it just doesn't work...!!!!

Does this make sense?
I'm thinking "Halibrand" for the originals. Does that make sense?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Does this make sense?

Yes now
Searching Hildebrant brand, E-T Wheels, wheel style AIII-3 was found, DO know the Halibrand's very well. They are sharp indeed to bad E-T Wheels or Halibrand's not offered in 19s.

Back to the Hildebrants or Halibrand's either would be over the top on the Shelby's..

Must ask what is different between your Shelby and the GT PP2 wheels, curious ?

Think you could like this, is a kit car still nice.
Cars that stop in my drive way .. decorate it, have their pictures taken.

Sunny Woodstock GA, ever drive this far out of Atlanta, pull in I'll add your HotRod to my album.

DSC_0002.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
In my 50's, and prefer the silver wheels especially with the RR color and 50th anniversary chrome bits. I've seen cars with black wheels that look good though... just depends on color and other accents.
mustang wheels 2.jpg

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Kona Blue A10
I'm 63 and like a lot of you black wheel had to grow on me but I still had to have a little contrast being my car is kona blue so I went with a mostly black wheel with dark tinted face.
20200427_104037.jpg

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
In my 50's, and prefer the silver wheels especially with the RR color and 50th anniversary chrome bits. I've seen cars with black wheels that look good though... just depends on color and other accents.
mustang wheels 2.jpg

I installed the Chrome window strips from China...awesome!!
2293294B-03A8-482F-81FC-65468812D9E3.jpeg

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I migrated from the stock silver PP wheels to Gunmetal. Couldn't do black.
20200404_145513.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I migrated from the stock silver PP wheels to Gunmetal. Couldn't do black.
20200404_145513.jpg
shelby CS11’s!.... Love em!!

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I've never been a fan of black wheels. Then I bought my current vehicular addiction and had no option to order anything but black!
I was planning on changing wheels or getting them powder coated. Once I got used to the car, I didn't think a s550 Shelby would look right with anything other than black.
I'm a convert... I drank the Kool-Aid... I confess... I'm guilty... I'm a changed man... I was wrong... I see the light... What was I thinking?... Was I crazy?................................................................................................... Once you go Black... ( I should NOT have typed this last comment)
:cwl:

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
My 17 came with black wheels in the Performance Pack option.I'm in the middle on whether I like the black wheels or not. Oh and I am older than 65. My car is Ruby Red. My wife doesn't like the black wheels, says it makes it look like a gangster car. I am not going to swap them out though.
Sponsored