Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP Knight
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Vortech V-3 JT
Fore innovation fuel full return line E-85
Long tube headers no cats with corsa extreme cat-back exhaust.

Any of you had experience putting stock axle muffler back on? would it rob me HP gains? Perhaps become bottle neck and choke exhaust system? Why? Because Corsa Extreme had become way too loud and im lil annoyed. It was nice at first but now I just want to be stealth. Silent but deadly...
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Vortech V-3 JT
Fore innovation fuel full return line E-85
Long tube headers no cats with corsa extreme cat-back exhaust.

Any of you had experience putting stock axle muffler back on? would it rob me HP gains? Perhaps become bottle neck and choke exhaust system? Why? Because Corsa Extreme had become way too loud and im lil annoyed. It was nice at first but now I just want to be stealth. Silent but deadly...
Stiil be super loud with stock axle back. I did the magnaflow tru x resonator. Made it very good! theres one in the classified section.

OP
OP

JP Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP Knight
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Stiil be super loud with stock axle back. I did the magnaflow tru x resonator. Made it very good! theres one in the classified section.
I saw that Im considering it. I have my stock axle back just sitting and ready to go and im sure it wont be as deadly as the Corsa Extreme, I figure why spend money? Im asking because i cant find a firm answer to whether if stock muffler will mess with my HP gain with my application. If I was still N/A then I would not asked and just had put it on without hesitation.

TXS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT, 2022 Mustang GT
I still have my stock axle back and its not real loud, but you can hear it. Its just how I like it and I hate loud exhaust. As far as restriction, I don't know because I've always kept my stock axle back on.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Put the magnaflow tru x resonated x pipe on. If i wanted to drive my car on city streets and not go to jail, i had to. The whipple 2.9L + mak cat deletes + roush axle backs + resonator delete x pipe was seriously undriveably loud. Easily one of the loudest, if not the loudest setups you can have for this car. I put the magnaflow tru x on and it cut the volume down by 50% no joke and the rasp by 100%. Dont listen to what others say about how it only kills the volume by about 20%. It honestly neutered the sound of the car, when driving around town it sounds like im an NA car with just a set of axle backs. But the second you floor it, its about 80% of the volume before i added the res on.

If you want a stealth sound, this is the way to go 100%

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No you won't lose power issuing stock axle backs
Sponsored