Sponsored

18+ Dual Fuel Regulator

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
For those of you with gen3 18+ cars and run dual fuel regulators for the HPFP on DI side, how does the DI regulator react to fuel pressure adjustments?The DI side regulator won't respond to any fuel pressure adjustments, it just floats around 55 or so no matter what.

My next step is to swap the two regulators to see if the issue follows, but before I go through that hassle I wanted to ask if there is something about DI side fuel pressure I am missing? The DI Side should respond to fuel pressure adjustments normally, correct?

Car idles and drives fine, are there any PID's in HPT or ngauge I can look at to monitor the HPFP?
Sponsored

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
Direct injection is a stagnant low pressure supply. The pump only cares if its within spec. Most Ford di supply is 50-75 before it throws a code.
If you cavitate the di, it'll mow it's bearings down. If you over supply it you run the risk of blowing some seals.

OP
OP
wsfrazier

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I understand all that, just trying to get feedback from others that have aftermarket fuel pressure regulators feeding the HPFP.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I am able to adjust with no issues. The pressure gauge does bounce a lot though. Which fuel system do you use, FPR brand, how did you plumb?

OP
OP
wsfrazier

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Lethal kit, they are areomotive f1 regulators. I have the feed from the hat going into the of side regulator. That then feeds out the other side to the HPFP, and bottom return to the fuel rails.

The second regulator for the low side (which adjusts and works fine) is after fuel rails and returns to the hat.

Sounds like I may have a bad regulator then, I will swap them this weekend and see what happens.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Lethal kit, they are areomotive f1 regulators. I have the feed from the hat going into the of side regulator. That then feeds out the other side to the HPFP, and bottom return to the fuel rails.

The second regulator for the low side (which adjusts and works fine) is after fuel rails and returns to the hat.

Sounds like I may have a bad regulator then, I will swap them this weekend and see what happens.
Doubt it has anything to do with it, but I route from the pumps straight to the HPFP and then to the first fpr, then rails, second fpr, and back to tank. I did this with my dual pump JN2 setup and now with my triple Fore setup.

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Doubt it has anything to do with it, but I route from the pumps straight to the HPFP and then to the first fpr, then rails, second fpr, and back to tank. I did this with my dual pump JN2 setup and now with my triple Fore setup.
This is how mine is as well
Sponsored