Mesh Tint?

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Anyone install Anchor Room mesh tail tint on an 18+ yet? Worth the $40? Not looking for a full tint look.
20200429_074408.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pics, I saw similar ones on Google too. I was hoping for first hand pics, including installation tips etc, since the full tint sounds like it's a PITA to heat up and wrap properly. I found them on eBay for $8 shipped, so I may just pull the trigger.

I remember the mesh from 80's mustangs, total throwback :)

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
wrapping any weird shaped larger surface object is going to be such a pain if you haven't done it before and don't have a real heat gun. just take it to a tint shop or vinyl wrap shop and pay them to install it. otherwise you will ruin the one you buy, then buy another one and probably ruin that too. i wasted like $100 on hood stripes for my old Mustang before just paying a tint shop to do it

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
wrapping any weird shaped larger surface object is going to be such a pain if you haven't done it before and don't have a real heat gun. just take it to a tint shop or vinyl wrap shop and pay them to install it. otherwise you will ruin the one you buy, then buy another one and probably ruin that too. i wasted like $100 on hood stripes for my old Mustang before just paying a tint shop to do it
Luckily, I've been doing vinyl for ten years (hairdryer is hot enough!), I'll be sure to post a pic when it's done :)

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Luckily, I've been doing vinyl for ten years (hairdryer is hot enough!), I'll be sure to post a pic when it's done :)
I was going to write and say that a hair dryer is more than enough. I did my taillights about a month ago and I had zero experience. I took my time and they came out perfect. The only issue I see is that the honeycomb tint will be more "flexible" compared to a normal vinyl that does not have all those holes. Looks very cool though! Good luck.
Sponsored