Sponsored

Mustang MagneRide deep dive

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Unless the non-mag cars ride like a mag car in Sport+ I wouldn't want it. If they all drive like the "normal" mode in mag equipped cars I couldn't live with that.

But there's also a reason I bought a PP2 with Recaro's and not a Ecoboost. I enjoy a car with proper handling.
Sponsored

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Magneride really is that good.

Many of the cars that are Magneride equipped are in the upper price range. Not many buyers out there are willing to pay $50K to $55K for a Mustang GT, so dealers are opting to stock the $35K Mustangs which sell the fastest.

OP
OP
svttim

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Removed by request of Autologic. Please refrain from posting anymore of their materials since they have asserted copyright infringement.
Sorry, I only posted a link, not an artical

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I only posted a link, not an artical
Agreed. There is no copyright infringement if there was only a link to the original article on their site. I understand M6G not wanting to deal with it, but it's pretty silly and shows lack of understanding of how copyrights work.

From the Fair Use act itself:
[T]he fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include --

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
  2. the nature of the copyrighted work;
  3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole;
  4. and the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
It WOULD be copyright infringement if M6G posted the article and claimed it as their own work. But hey, whatever.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Copyright infringement argument aside I think this was rather a decision to comply with a request. Gotta respect that.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I agree, it doesn't make sense as that is exactly what you would think.

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Magneride really is that good.

Many of the cars that are Magneride equipped are in the upper price range. Not many buyers out there are willing to pay $50K to $55K for a Mustang GT, so dealers are opting to stock the $35K Mustangs which sell the fastest.
I have a Magnaride Performance pack GT premium 401A car and it was well into the $50's. i will say after owning a Magnaride car i couldn't buy one without im hooked

OP
OP
svttim

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
There complaint was there was no mention of who wrote or published the article, not the fact it was posted.

Sponsored

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Tech help please. How do I know if my car has MagnaRide? Is it on the build plate or something? Yeah. I haven’t looked under it.

OP
OP
svttim

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Tech help please. How do I know if my car has MagnaRide? Is it on the build plate or something? Yeah. I haven’t looked under it.
Its an 18, it has Magneride

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Its an 18, it has Magneride
You're saying it has Magnaride because it's an '18 ? Obviously not true - there is tons of 18s (probably majority) without it.

One way to determine is to look up window sticker, other - take the wheel off and look for ride height sensors and wiring coming out of the bottom of the front strut for example. Takes about 3 minutes.

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
You're saying it has Magnaride because it's an '18 ? Obviously not true - there is tons of 18s (probably majority) without it.

One way to determine is to look up window sticker, other - take the wheel off and look for ride height sensors and wiring coming out of the bottom of the front strut for example. Takes about 3 minutes.
Its probably only about 1 in 1000 cars that have magnaride.
Sponsored