PCV Valve Hose Missing

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Today i took my car in to get its first oil change. After a little while tech comes in talks to the advisor, they both walk over to the Bullitt on the showroom floor. i automatically know something is up with my car. They call me over and say that this hose is missing (pointing at the hose). I think that maybe they forgot to put it back on when they did the repairs when I crashed. They didnt have the part, so i ordered it.

Once i got home, i remembered i had took pictures of the engine compartment morning I crashed. Looked at the picture and the hose isnt there. Call advisor back and he recommends me to call customer service since i already ordered it and couldnt exactly prove that it wasn't there at some point (had roughly 2k miles when crashed).

Luckily for me, i remembered now that i took pictures of the engine on the day that I purchased the car, while it still sat on the showroom floor. Can clearly see that the hose is not there.

Will be calling customer service department tomorrow. Quick google search says it could be harmful to car, what say you guys? Have roughly 6,600 miles on car now and doesnt seem to have an issue. Part due in on Monday. Should i go back and get a loaner until it arrives on their time or should I be okay?

First picture is from car in the showroom that they showed me which hose was missing, second picture is from day i bought car with that hose missing.
hose from car on showroom floor.png
missing hose.png
Sponsored

Jasef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jase
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
Could you attach those pics with an arrow pointing to the problem area? I'm not seeing what isn't there :-) Thanks!

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
this should help.
IMG_1900.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
$43.00 part, so cost isnt bad unless its affecting the car itself by not being there.

Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Were the fittings open or blocked off?

Regardless, that's not the pcv valve hose, that hose is on the passenger side. The hose is the pcv fresh air hose. Supplies fresh air to the block from the intake tube. This fresh air is metered, meaning the MAF has already measured it, so when it goes into the manifold from the passenger side, it is already accounted for by the fueling system.

If it was an open fitting on the drivers valve cover it will still function fine, and won't cause a major problem UNLESS something falls in there or you get dirt/debris in there. The pcv system will essentially still function normally. The air from the pcv valve to the intake manifold will now be unmetered though now, which means you could run a little lean and your idle may be higher(although these ecu's are pretty good at adjusting idle with spark/dbw tb).

The open fitting on the intake tube is normally feed to the drivers valve cover, and this is metered air as the fitting is after the MAF. Now without a hose on there the intake is getting unmetered air mixed in with metered air. This will most likely cause it to run lean also. Any leak post MAF is not good.

Im surprised you haven't noticed a funky idle or anything, but definitely get the hose back on.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Today i took my car in to get its first oil change. After a little while tech comes in talks to the advisor, they both walk over to the Bullitt on the showroom floor. i automatically know something is up with my car. They call me over and say that this hose is missing (pointing at the hose). I think that maybe they forgot to put it back on when they did the repairs when I crashed. They didnt have the part, so i ordered it.

Once i got home, i remembered i had took pictures of the engine compartment morning I crashed. Looked at the picture and the hose isnt there. Call advisor back and he recommends me to call customer service since i already ordered it and couldnt exactly prove that it wasn't there at some point (had roughly 2k miles when crashed).

Luckily for me, i remembered now that i took pictures of the engine on the day that I purchased the car, while it still sat on the showroom floor. Can clearly see that the hose is not there.

Will be calling customer service department tomorrow. Quick google search says it could be harmful to car, what say you guys? Have roughly 6,600 miles on car now and doesnt seem to have an issue. Part due in on Monday. Should i go back and get a loaner until it arrives on their time or should I be okay?

First picture is from car in the showroom that they showed me which hose was missing, second picture is from day i bought car with that hose missing.
hose from car on showroom floor.png
missing hose.png
It was probably 'borrowed' by the service department at the dealership for a customer's car and they forgot to replace it before you took delivery, I used to work in dealerships and the service department were always robbing bits off cars in the showroom for diagnosis purposes or because they didn't want to wait the 2-3 days it was going to take for the part to come in.

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Were the fittings open or blocked off?

Regardless, that's not the pcv valve hose, that hose is on the passenger side. The hose is the pcv fresh air hose. Supplies fresh air to the block from the intake tube. This fresh air is metered, meaning the MAF has already measured it, so when it goes into the manifold from the passenger side, it is already accounted for by the fueling system.

If it was an open fitting on the drivers valve cover it will still function fine, and won't cause a major problem UNLESS something falls in there or you get dirt/debris in there. The pcv system will essentially still function normally. The air from the pcv valve to the intake manifold will now be unmetered though now, which means you could run a little lean and your idle may be higher(although these ecu's are pretty good at adjusting idle with spark/dbw tb).

The open fitting on the intake tube is normally feed to the drivers valve cover, and this is metered air as the fitting is after the MAF. Now without a hose on there the intake is getting unmetered air mixed in with metered air. This will most likely cause it to run lean also. Any leak post MAF is not good.

Im surprised you haven't noticed a funky idle or anything, but definitely get the hose back on.
thanks, part came in today so now we're all good. Idle with it on now seems to be the same as before. Cold air intake filter seems a little dirty for only 6,600 miles though, not sure if that would be a bipartisan of no hose.
Sponsored