New to me GT350

Shane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 2017 GT350
Finally got myself a GT350, after a year of looking and kicking tires.

BC3112B8-0416-4CF7-B616-47F4F3DDC8C2.jpeg
750CE064-FE65-488B-AA4F-1FF8138422A1.jpeg
C68B35FB-B7F3-4286-97D6-7181F73A1E26.jpeg
38CE631B-A81D-4027-ADF3-DBC3B09446D0.jpeg

A trip to California in April last year made me start thinking about having a great car and taking trips in it. I came home and immediately sold my SuperDuke 1290R, it just didn't make sense to own a motorcycle anymore. I needed something that can seat 4 so it was Camaro or Mustang. Challenger was never really an option. Wife and kids didn't care for Camaro SS 1LE, so I drove a 2019 GT PP2 and liked it. It was a good car, and I figured a great way to get into cars from bikes. Anyways, the day after driving the PP2, I got to drive a GT350 just by chance. Well, about 3 minutes was all it took to realize that I was going to be buying a GT350.

it took a while to find one that I was comfortable buying. Admittedly, I was probably my own biggest enemy when it came to purchasing one, but I had to think about every car from every angle. Someone called it "Analysis Paralysis", lol. There are SVT dealers in Ontario with leftover 2019's that still want MSRP or very very close to it, so new wasn't going to fly with me. This came along a few weeks ago, and i was able to make the deal with the original owner last Friday.

In my mind I had really wanted a classic Shelby paint scheme for the one I was gonna buy, but this car in Magnetic really works for me. i live in a small town, so having something a little more subtle is nice, but there is nothing subtle about the sound/volume of this car around here. People stop and stare when they hear it.....

I still can't believe it's sitting in my driveway haha.
Sponsored

Last edited:

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Your pictures don't show for me but congratulations. My 2018 was magnetic with lightning blue stripes. It also was a stunning in person car. The trick now is to get it out of the driveway and enjoy it.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars

A trip to California in April last year made me start thinking about having a great car and taking trips in it. I came home and immediately sold my SuperDuke 1290R, it just didn't make sense to own a motorcycle anymore. I needed something that can seat 4 so it was Camaro or Mustang. Challenger was never really an option. Wife and kids didn't care for Camaro SS 1LE, so I drove a 2019 GT PP2 and liked it. It was a good car, and I figured a great way to get into cars from bikes. Anyways, the day after driving the PP2, I got to drive a GT350 just by chance. Well, about 3 minutes was all it took to realize that I was going to be buying a GT350.

it took a while to find one that I was comfortable buying. Admittedly, I was probably my own biggest enemy when it came to purchasing one, but I had to think about every car from every angle. Someone called it "Analysis Paralysis", lol. There are SVT dealers in Ontario with leftover 2019's that still want MSRP or very very close to it, so new wasn't going to fly with me. This came along a few weeks ago, and i was able to make the deal with the original owner last Friday.

In my mind I had really wanted a classic Shelby paint scheme for the one I was gonna buy, but this car in Magnetic really works for me. i live in a small town, so having something a little more subtle is nice, but there is nothing subtle about the sound/volume of this car around here. People stop and stare when they hear it.....

congrats. I own both a PP2 and a GT350R and they are completely different cars. Good choice.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Nice car Shane. I had a '17 Magnetic with black roof and black stripes. I used to drive through Listowel in the late 70's and early '80's driving from Owen Sound to London and there always used to be a lot of nice cars parked at the Dairy Queen when I drove by on a Friday night.

OP
OP

Shane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 2017 GT350
Nice car Shane. I had a '17 Magnetic with black roof and black stripes. I used to drive through Listowel in the late 70's and early '80's driving from Owen Sound to London and there always used to be a lot of nice cars parked at the Dairy Queen when I drove by on a Friday night.
Hey Scoobs, that doesn't happen anymore. Used to be a couple of car clubs in Listowel and Atwood, the next town south. Would be cool if there was still something like that today!

Where in Ontario are u located now?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Congratulations on a great looking GT350 and from looking at some of your posted pictures this car seems to be in very nice shape with the front chin spoiler looks to be in very good shape as well.

What options does your car come with as there were 3 packages for the GT350 in 2017 namely the Base/Standard cars, Convenience Package and Electronics Package cars?

It also looks like you have the OEM tires on the car therefore suggest that the original owner took great care with your car.

Is it a low mileage car and did you get the Shelby GT350 Owners Kit with the car along with the Window Sticker and car cover?

As you probably are aware Canada is now down to only 3 provinces that require both front and rear license plates with Ontario being one of those 3 provinces and hope that you do not have to drill some holes into your beautiful front bumper in order to attached a front license plate.

Hopefully you can run without a front plate or find a license plate bracket that attaches underneath your bumper as it looks like the original owner had that same thing in mind himself.

Outstanding looking car and congrats again on your new GT350!

:like::like:

OP
OP

Shane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 2017 GT350
Congratulations on a great looking GT350 and from looking at some of your posted pictures this car seems to be in very nice shape with the front chin spoiler looks to be in very good shape as well.

What options does your car come with as there were 3 packages for the GT350 in 2017 namely the Base/Standard cars, Convenience Package and Electronics Package cars?

It also looks like you have the OEM tires on the car therefore suggest that the original owner took great care with your car.

Is it a low mileage car and did you get the Shelby GT350 Owners Kit with the car along with the Window Sticker and car cover?

As you probably are aware Canada is now down to only 3 provinces that require both front and rear license plates with Ontario being one of those 3 provinces and hope that you do not have to drill some holes into your beautiful front bumper in order to attached a front license plate.

Hopefully you can run without a front plate or find a license plate bracket that attaches underneath your bumper as it looks like the original owner had that same thing in mind himself.

Outstanding looking car and congrats again on your new GT350!

:like::like:
Hey PP0001, thx!

The car is in pretty good shape, it was a driver though, so odd little stone chip and the splitter has kissed a couple things but nothing major, but overall pretty clean. 20,500 kms on it, the tires are original, I don't believe the original owner drove it very hard.

it is a convenience package car, i have window sticker, was not delivered with OEM cover and the original owner swears he did not receive Owner's Supplement. He says the dealer did not mention and he didn't seem to know anything about it. I have reached out to Ford Performance to see if there is one available, I am awaiting a response.

I am ordering a car cover from local dealer this week.

It has a front plate mount under the splitter, but the one mounting tube has touched something so the plate mount isn't operational right not. So far, police have not taken a second look at me, and the original owner claims he was never bothered once in the GTA. I'm going to try to get the mount fixed up and at least operational.

I'm pretty happy with it so far, the car is still within the 3 year 60,000 km from in service, has a clean Carfax, no claim history in Insurance Bureau of Canada VIN check and OASIS only shows that a valve stem had to be replaced. Car took nothing to pass the Ministry Safety Inspection. Just talked to local Ford guy about extended warranty so that will likely be coming soon too

All I need now is some nice weather haha

Thx!

shelbyzim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Congrats! - It took me a year+ to find the exactly shelby I wanted. Got mine early 2019 - Love it!
Vancouver, BC Here!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey PP0001, thx!

The car is in pretty good shape, it was a driver though, so odd little stone chip and the splitter has kissed a couple things but nothing major, but overall pretty clean. 20,500 kms on it, the tires are original, I don't believe the original owner drove it very hard.

it is a convenience package car, i have window sticker, was not delivered with OEM cover and the original owner swears he did not receive Owner's Supplement. He says the dealer did not mention and he didn't seem to know anything about it. I have reached out to Ford Performance to see if there is one available, I am awaiting a response.

I am ordering a car cover from local dealer this week.

It has a front plate mount under the splitter, but the one mounting tube has touched something so the plate mount isn't operational right not. So far, police have not taken a second look at me, and the original owner claims he was never bothered once in the GTA. I'm going to try to get the mount fixed up and at least operational.

I'm pretty happy with it so far, the car is still within the 3 year 60,000 km from in service, has a clean Carfax, no claim history in Insurance Bureau of Canada VIN check and OASIS only shows that a valve stem had to be replaced. Car took nothing to pass the Ministry Safety Inspection. Just talked to local Ford guy about extended warranty so that will likely be coming soon too

All I need now is some nice weather haha

Thx!
Your car is in great shape for ~12,800 miles and wish you good luck with the GT350 Owners Kit and hopefully FP may be able to come through for you.

Personally I have never been a big fan of the Ford OEM car covers for the GT350/R's as I really don't like the feel of the material and suggest before you order a GT350 car cover that you might want to consider a car cover from a company called Covercraft with their best model in my opinion being the Custom Form-Fit.

The above model comes in 6 different colors including 2 different colors of Gray and the other parts that I really like about this car cover is the very soft feel as it is 100% cotton but also has Spandex added to the fabric which gives the best feel and fit of any car cover that I have ever owned over many decades.

If you want an OEM car cover I get that but just wanted to provide you with another option to look at.

Good luck again with the GT350 Owners Kit and hope that all works out well!

:)
DSCF2391.JPG
JW Pictures 6.jpg

OP
OP

Shane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 2017 GT350
Your car is in great shape for ~12,800 miles and wish you good luck with the GT350 Owners Kit and hopefully FP may be able to come through for you.

Personally I have never been a big fan of the Ford OEM car covers for the GT350/R's as I really don't like the feel of the material and suggest before you order a GT350 car cover that you might want to consider a car cover from a company called Covercraft with their best model in my opinion being the Custom Form-Fit.

The above model comes in 6 different colors including 2 different colors of Gray and the other parts that I really like about this car cover is the very soft feel as it is 100% cotton but also has Spandex added to the fabric which gives the best feel and fit of any car cover that I have ever owned over many decades.

If you want an OEM car cover I get that but just wanted to provide you with another option to look at.

Good luck again with the GT350 Owners Kit and hope that all works out well!

:)
DSCF2391.JPG
JW Pictures 6.jpg
I just checked out prices on Canada, not that bad actually....

Sponsored

Bronson006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Twister Orange
Congrats on your new beast...Hopefully by Friday the weather here in southern Ontario will finally let us enjoy are vehicles...
Hope to see yeah around, we are in Guelph..
P.S.... Love The color!!!!!

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Hey Scoobs, that doesn't happen anymore. Used to be a couple of car clubs in Listowel and Atwood, the next town south. Would be cool if there was still something like that today!

Where in Ontario are u located now?
Courtice, just east of Oshawa

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1965 Sunbeam Mk-1A, Kirkham 289 FIA
Shane,

Isn't it an amazing car?! I got mine in May of 2018 and I still go into the garage and stare at it in utter disbelief that it's actually mine. The styling is absolutely beautiful. My wife thinks I am nuts...she might be right. :cwl:

Congratulations of your purchase. Enjoy it with you family!!

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350

View media item 17266View media item 17267View media item 17271View media item 17270

Iā€™m unable to view the pictures either. Iā€™m biased but Magnetic is a great choice. Congrats and enjoy it!!

OP
OP

Shane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 2017 GT350
Congrats on your new beast...Hopefully by Friday the weather here in southern Ontario will finally let us enjoy are vehicles...
Hope to see yeah around, we are in Guelph..
P.S.... Love The color!!!!!
I work in Guelph, Iā€˜ll look or listen for you! Haha
Sponsored