Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
With or without manual safety?

I'm interested in the model with a safety...might replace my P938.
No safety. I think they just released the one with a safety.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Not even sure what that is. The UK laws are usually knee jerk reactions to something to gain political votes. I miss shooting revolvers but I am lucky I have family in the states I can go to see and spend a day shooting.
Daughter lives and works in London. Been there many times. Standard item in any store you purchase pens and pencils

Birddog 29

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm in Oklahoma soon to be a constitutional carry state. I have my cc permit and carry a Sig P229 40cal. It's on me if I'm in the car. Center console when I cant carry it inside like at the bank. I've been practicing with my P365 and may change to it.

GasGuzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7
I am in LE and carry everywhere I can. My gtg is a sig p365 with a back up 15rd mag. Its a great gun and it replaced my glock 43 which was a nice piece to carry as well.

Sponsored

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Welcome to Florida-Black-1.JPG

Sig Sauer P365, Leather OWB, Under the Shirt, for me.

Last edited:

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
1911 in a shoulder holster here or in the small of the back for the summer time. 2 extra mags. Pistol goes into the glove box when I am driving or stuff between the seat and the center console when in a bad part of town. I also have a LCP ruger with a metal clip that is sits tucked up in the sun visor of the vehicle. You would be amazed at how many people never know its there.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Glock 19 IWB but will sometimes put it in door map pocket when driving. Glock 26 stays in the car in glove box. In trunk I have a 3 day pack and med bag and have one of my SBR 10' barrel AR15 with the bag.

Similar load out in my truck but glock 17 instead of 26 and much larger pack. Full medical bag and 16' AR15
You got a full med bag. I got duct tape and an extra shirt. Hope I can stop the bleeding that's about it.

YoungGT18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
XDS-45 usually in waistband, however, too hard to get to with seatbelt on. So, put between seat and console or in door pocket. Thinking about getting the magnet holder to put under the dash....anyone use one of those?

Sponsored

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
T
XDS-45 usually in waistband, however, too hard to get to with seatbelt on. So, put between seat and console or in door pocket. Thinking about getting the magnet holder to put under the dash....anyone use one of those?
Those magnet things work really well. Also the gun in easily accessible if you need it. Unless you train or have been trained to draw and shoot from a seated position in a vehicle i highly reccomend that over other ways of packing in a car.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Don't ask me the author because I don't know, but this is the most eloquent reasoning I can think of to describe why I carry a firearm.

Why the Gun is Civilization.
By Marko Kloos

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we’d be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger’s potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat–it has no validity when most of a mugger’s potential marks are armed. People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there’s the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don’t constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that’s as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weightlifter. It simply wouldn’t work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn’t both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation … and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I carry a full sized 1911 holster in the small of my back. Then I got a .380 Ruger LCB that sits in the sun visor. First bit advice I can give anyone. Learn to fire from a car. I thought I knew until I went to the a range with some police buddies I have. It's not natural. 2nd, keep your stuff in the same position so it becomes muscle memory.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
I carry a full sized 1911 holster in the small of my back. Then I got a .380 Ruger LCB that sits in the sun visor. First bit advice I can give anyone. Learn to fire from a car. I thought I knew until I went to the a range with some police buddies I have. It's not natural. 2nd, keep your stuff in the same position so it becomes muscle memory.
I wanna shoot from my car at the range! That’s bad ass.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I wanna shoot from my car at the range! That’s bad ass.
It's an experience as well as some bullshit. You will be amazed at how much harder it is to draw from a seated position. I have learned to use the car for cover, shoot from the window while seated, and a few other techniques. Its fun, find a field and do it. (not in the mustang of course)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.