2018 mustang gt

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I picked one up about 4 months ago; really to just try it out and see if it was worth the $.
Pros;
- fitment was good.!
- looks improved
- durable poly/abs that hasn’t cracked onme yet.

Cons;
- not an exact surface match to OEM black paneling, it’s a semi gloss/flat smooth finish.
- if you have a base GT/EB the under tray won’t exactly bolt up to this, you’ll have to pick one up or, what I did, just bolted on what I could.
- no hardware... I am not sure if it was the particular one I bought, but didn’t have any mounting hardware, so I used the factory stuff and worked out fine.

Hope this helps! I live in area where they love larger deeper dips and bumps, so for the $ it gets chewed up, it’s not a $400-$500 + heartbreak...
hope that helps a little give an idea.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I picked one up about 4 months ago; really to just try it out and see if it was worth the $.
Pros;
- fitment was good.!
- looks improved
- durable poly/abs that hasn’t cracked onme yet.

Cons;
- not an exact surface match to OEM black paneling, it’s a semi gloss/flat smooth finish.
- if you have a base GT/EB the under tray won’t exactly bolt up to this, you’ll have to pick one up or, what I did, just bolted on what I could.
- no hardware... I am not sure if it was the particular one I bought, but didn’t have any mounting hardware, so I used the factory stuff and worked out fine.

Hope this helps! I live in area where they love larger deeper dips and bumps, so for the $ it gets chewed up, it’s not a $400-$500 + heartbreak...
hope that helps a little give an idea.
have you tested it at high speeds 120+mph?

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
have you tested it at high speeds 120+mph?
I have, and higher... I had a PP1/2 splitter before, at speeds between 140-150 I was getting a floating sensation in the front... that’s why I decided to try and switch to something different.
Now with this at same mentioned speedsc I still get the feeling in the wheel, but a reduced amount. I don’t know if I’m the only one that’s encountered this sensation at higher speeds in S550’s, so it may just be my car.
With all of that being said; I’ve made numerous pulls at or above 120 and never had an issue with this splitter.
I will mention, I’m not always a big fan of buying a product due to it being cheap and figuring out how to make it work; I’m pretty picky, if it fit like crap, i would have tossed it, taken the hit and tried something else. So I do, in my case, feel it has stood up to the $140-$150 I spent on it.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have, and higher... I had a PP1/2 splitter before, at speeds between 140-150 I was getting a floating sensation in the front... that’s why I decided to try and switch to something different.
Now with this at same mentioned speedsc I still get the feeling in the wheel, but a reduced amount. I don’t know if I’m the only one that’s encountered this sensation at higher speeds in S550’s, so it may just be my car.
With all of that being said; I’ve made numerous pulls at or above 120 and never had an issue with this splitter.
I will mention, I’m not always a big fan of buying a product due to it being cheap and figuring out how to make it work; I’m pretty picky, if it fit like crap, i would have tossed it, taken the hit and tried something else. So I do, in my case, feel it has stood up to the $140-$150 I spent on it.
interesting, i may have to try this one. i hate that you need to buy a PP belly pan for all the splitters. i did find one that is designed to work without the PP belly pan but it has rod supports which i hate the look of, plus it's 400 bucks. this one for under 200 looks like a better value

edit: went ahead and bought it. should be here on the 30th then i'll install it on my next day off

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
zworld

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
interesting, i may have to try this one. i hate that you need to buy a PP belly pan for all the splitters. i did find one that is designed to work without the PP belly pan but it has rod supports which i hate the look of, plus it's 400 bucks. this one for under 200 looks like a better value

edit: went ahead and bought it. should be here on the 30th then i'll install it on my next day off
Yes I bought it too and the new belly pan, total about 300 for the two.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok guys i installed this splitter today: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-18-19...PP-Front-Bumper-Lip-Chin-Spoiler/113644457923

I am actually pleasantly surprised. I thought I would have to "make it work" to fit my non-PP bellypan. Well this thing actually came with adapter plates to fit my bellypan which as far as I know no other chin splitter comes with. It also came with new hardware including speed clips! The fitment is not 100%, there are some small gaps here and there that I can notice when I get really close, but I'm OCD. I also want to get something to make the finish darker to match the rest of the trim (I believe the actual RTR piece is the same light matte finish as well). But overall for 150 bucks I couldn't be happier, and I also don't have to worry about any issues with the splitter coming off since it's secured to all the OEM mounting points on the bellypan and bumper.

Here's a pic:

rqsNkX2.jpg

TonyStark1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang EB Premium
It does say that is is compatible with my Eco. So, just so I understand, it just 'slips over and onto' the existing splitter?

OP
OP
zworld

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
ok guys i installed this splitter today: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-18-19...PP-Front-Bumper-Lip-Chin-Spoiler/113644457923

I am actually pleasantly surprised. I thought I would have to "make it work" to fit my non-PP bellypan. Well this thing actually came with adapter plates to fit my bellypan which as far as I know no other chin splitter comes with. It also came with new hardware including speed clips! The fitment is not 100%, there are some small gaps here and there that I can notice when I get really close, but I'm OCD. I also want to get something to make the finish darker to match the rest of the trim (I believe the actual RTR piece is the same light matte finish as well). But overall for 150 bucks I couldn't be happier, and I also don't have to worry about any issues with the splitter coming off since it's secured to all the OEM mounting points on the bellypan and bumper.

Here's a pic:

rqsNkX2.jpg
I just purchased this and the splitter will be here tomorrow, are you saying this exact spoiler comes with adapters so you don't need the PP belly pan?

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just purchased this and the splitter will be here tomorrow, are you saying this exact spoiler comes with adapters so you don't need the PP belly pan?
yes from the seller i posted anyways

OP
OP
zworld

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just installed.
IMG_0783 new adds.JPG

OP
OP
zworld

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
looks really good. btw i was able to get mine darker by using mothers back to black. i may do a second application to make it a little more even
Oh let me know how that looks on second coat, I'll probably want to do this too. Oh and thanks for your help on that belly pan thing. You saved me 175.00 I got that belly pan order cancelled! Actually and it might be my old eyes I'm 57 but the color looks pretty darn close to my other trim.
Sponsored