Sponsored

I love my car - and you should love yours

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I have buddies who are Porsche snobs or Vette lovers who put me down for having a car that you see every day coming and going. But you know what? NONE of them have a car they love. Haters. Our cars may not be the best car in the world, but they're great, and there's only ONE "best car in the world"!
I do find the Porsche comment surprising, do your buddies belong to the PCA, in the whole time I owned and raced a 911 TT I met one jerk. Not saying there aren't a ton of them but maybe because I was with enthusiasts I never experienced that. I have ran into my share of vette snobs but even that is rare. Interestingly I seem to run into more opinionated mean people at the vintage car shows I go to.

But I definitely agree with your sentiments, this car is so much better than I expected, its a ball to drive and you get so much for the money. It is fun, with plenty of performance and just enough uniqueness to really enjoy it without being ostentatious. Heck I pulled up to my friend's house who owns Porsche's this week, he has yet to see the car. He was on the front porch social distancing and from there he thought it had the Voodoo engine in it (I was in sport mode with track exhaust). He loved the car.

Though there is a reason for stereo types:

What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine? The pricks are on the outside of a Porcupine.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My dad had a C7 Z51 a few years back when I had my 2015 Mustang GT (non-PP). The cars aren’t even close when it comes to performance and rarity. Didn’t matter; the Vette didn’t wow me. It wasn’t a Mustang.
In and around flint, mi you will see more vettes than mustangs. Which is why I didn't buy a vette even though I have always only owned GM muscle cars. Well that and around here everyone that owns one is in their 70's

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And he's right about it making people's day. .
Yep. Drove out for the first time in a week to get some food shopping.......on the way back this was behind me at the lights. I pulled over so he would go passed so I could get a photo. Gave him a thumbs up. Made my day :)
Spotted April 2020 1.jpg

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Yes, be thankful and enjoy.

Sponsored

Midmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 Limited
I don’t have my Mustang yet. Close to completing a deal. I had a M2 and it was a super fun car to drive. But I’ve always wanted a v8 Mustang. Something about that muscle car noise.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
All sentimental and shit... Save that for the Hallmark channel.
LOL....have you been brainwashed by the CA progressives?! All the guy is saying is be thankful for being able to enjoy what you have. There are many that would happily trade not being able to provide for their families for what we have. Owning a Mustang is a mostly frivolous car with a lot of us having several other cars. Maybe you were just being sarcastic and I missed it?

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Trust me, I love my car haha. I've waited years since getting into my profession for the right time to buy, trying to knock down debt and do things the "smart" way until finally last month I paid off my student loans and then also got a raise, on top of some great deals being offered. Got every option I wanted on this beautiful new color, the car is perfect. Better than I imagined even, I love the exhaust and Recaros and the power through the A10 is just amazing. Couldn't be happier.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
F9ufUTn.gif

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
LOL....have you been brainwashed by the CA progressives?! All the guy is saying is be thankful for being able to enjoy what you have. There are many that would happily trade not being able to provide for their families for what we have. Owning a Mustang is a mostly frivolous car with a lot of us having several other cars. Maybe you were just being sarcastic and I missed it?

Yea I was just fooking around. I am humbled. Good weather, good car, good job. No complaints.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I do find the Porsche comment surprising, do your buddies belong to the PCA, in the whole time I owned and raced a 911 TT I met one jerk. Not saying there aren't a ton of them but maybe because I was with enthusiasts I never experienced that.
My favorite Porsche snob examples are my two college roommates (late 1980's) who were also car guys (we are all still friends today). Back then I couldn't afford a car, but one roomie had a Toyota Supra, and the other had a Mazda RX-7 and his dad had a Porsche 944 and an Audi 5000. They both were always getting on me because I wouldn't shut up about wanting a crappy American Mustang LX 5.0 fastback. Today 30 years later the Supra guy manages a manufacturing plant and has never had a fun car after college. The other works for Audi USA, who along with Porsche are owned by Volkswagen. He gets nice Audi company cars and is still a huge Porsche fan but has no fun car of his own. They always politely ignored my 1997, 1999 and 2003 Cobras, but they have both changed their tune with this 2018 GT and are very complimentary. Maybe it took 30 years of Ford improvements for the Mustangs to meet their expectations!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Took a drive through a beautiful, smooth blacktop, Louisiana farm/hill/twisty country back road today.

Damn, what a great drive. My 18GT is my first Mustang ever (I am a long time ex-bowtie guy).

I could never go back (to a bowtie that is).

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I try to reserve "love" to describe feelings between animate beings.

That resolve has been sorely tested by (each of) my seven Mustangs.

I even close-to-almost "love" the new one, that I have driven less than two hundred miles.

Now that I think about it, don't our Mustangs reflect our own selves?

Self-love.

Can't be all bad.
Sponsored