Skinny fronts ...for the street

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Looks great. Are those fronts 26 or 27’s?
28x5-18..

I personally only care for the 28’s on a 18” wheel. Any thing under and they look like balloons.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Over the weekend put the “drag pack” back on. Also the rubber was looking really grey, put on some CG VRP and wiped them back dry, back to black they went.
FEBD3FE7-38A0-45D4-807C-88CEC5FD6761.jpeg

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
28x5-18..

I personally only care for the 28’s on a 18” wheel. Any thing under and they look like balloons.
28x6-18 you mean. MT should make the 18in front runner in a 27x6-18, that would be perfect for the s550.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
28x6-18 you mean. MT should make the 18in front runner in a 27x6-18, that would be perfect for the s550.
yes 28x6.. thanks for the check. ill update my sig also. guess i was going off the wheel size there. my mistake. And agree a 27 would be best

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Are you guys running ET Street R's with stock tires up front experiencing any sway? I bought the drag pack F14's w/305 ET Street R's, and had a tire shop mount and balance them. They were about 38 psi, and they swayed a lot. I dropped the pressure down to around 28 psi and they're a little better but definitely don't inspire confidence in anything over about 80 mph. Would skinnies help up front? Lower tire pressure? I have stock front tires on there right now if it makes a difference.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Are you guys running ET Street R's with stock tires up front experiencing any sway? I bought the drag pack F14's w/305 ET Street R's, and had a tire shop mount and balance them. They were about 38 psi, and they swayed a lot. I dropped the pressure down to around 28 psi and they're a little better but definitely don't inspire confidence in anything over about 80 mph. Would skinnies help up front? Lower tire pressure? I have stock front tires on there right now if it makes a difference.
I havent ran the radials with the regular front tire yet. ill throw them on and see if i notice any sway, also live in Vegas so should be direct comparison, i know the roads at my parents house in SoCal gives a whole different ride compared to here. Based on a email from MT they recommended 30-32psi on the street and thats what i run. no issues with any sway at all running the full drag pack, but i dont think ive ever recall anyone mentioning sway and radials together.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys running ET Street R's with stock tires up front experiencing any sway
Only with the wide radials up front. No crazy sway with pizza cutters.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I put the 20’s on up front today. Last night I used my dragy for the first time, I weaved back and forth with the full drag pack to see how that felt. Just... unresponsive is the best way I could put it. No sway really. With the 20’s up front I got up to 110mph and still felt ok. Any acceleration though and big movements at the wheel gave a very weird feeling. I’ve never heard anything about sway from a radial. Your post was the first time, I felt it today. It was unique feeling. Idk if I could run like this permanently lol. Maybe you get use to it. Also it was in “track mode” as that my “My Mode” setting, track and the exhaust in sport. I didn’t think to see if there was any difference in normal or sport or drag. Biggest thing I hate about running the drag radials is just a quick trip around the block and I have a coating of grey/black dust on the rear quarters.
I’m running my radials at 32psi. Last night with the dragy I had them aired to 17psi and still couldn’t get anything better then a 2.04 60ft with it. It would either bog at 5500 or spin like crazy at 5500. I think I’m going to drop to 5K on the 2Step and slip some. I don’t see how people are getting 1.5 60ft out of the magride suspension cars

Sponsored

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I put the 20’s on up front today. Last night I used my dragy for the first time, I weaved back and forth with the full drag pack to see how that felt. Just... unresponsive is the best way I could put it. No sway really. With the 20’s up front I got up to 110mph and still felt ok. Any acceleration though and big movements at the wheel gave a very weird feeling. I’ve never heard anything about sway from a radial. Your post was the first time, I felt it today. It was unique feeling. Idk if I could run like this permanently lol. Maybe you get use to it. Also it was in “track mode” as that my “My Mode” setting, track and the exhaust in sport. I didn’t think to see if there was any difference in normal or sport or drag. Biggest thing I hate about running the drag radials is just a quick trip around the block and I have a coating of grey/black dust on the rear quarters.
I’m running my radials at 32psi. Last night with the dragy I had them aired to 17psi and still couldn’t get anything better then a 2.04 60ft with it. It would either bog at 5500 or spin like crazy at 5500. I think I’m going to drop to 5K on the 2Step and slip some. I don’t see how people are getting 1.5 60ft out of the magride suspension cars
Thank you! Maybe I just need to get the front runners for mine. I have the rears at 21psi warm and they still sway but I’ve gotten used to it a little more. Still not my favorite feeling though.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I run skinnies up front on my car. Its not my daily. It drives good just take turns slowly, the steering wheel feels more centered and theres a lot less sway on the steering wheel.
IMG_2312.jpg
Sponsored