Seatbelt holder

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
The belt holder on the shoulder of the seat doesn't seem to allow it to retract smoothly. What am I doing wrong? When I take it out and let the belt dangle, it's perfectly fine.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Putting it through the seat loop changes the angles and creates drag, resulting in the less than smooth operation you note. I must be just the right height as I find the belt location on my shoulder fine and have never had the belts through the guides.

mwoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Convertible
I agree with Johnnybee. I never use the guides either. Mine don't retract smoothly in the guides, and they don't seem to help belt positioning.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I seem to have that issue with the wind deflector installed which is understandable. What I find is without the belt strap in the holder, the passanger side buckle will slap against the door panel when the top is down as the belt gets caught in the air stream.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yeah, my belts don't retract when in the guides either. I just don't use them. No problems with them out on either side.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
I'm 6' 3" and would def like the holder to do it's job. Not being able to auto retract and hear it knock against the plastic is annoying.

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
Without the holder the belt vibrates annoyingly (feel it across my chest) with the top down, above 30ish MPH. While in the holder, retraction is quite poor but the vibration stops.

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
The holder ends up making the belt rub my neck. I never use it. I'm 6'2" for reference.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I seem to have that issue with the wind deflector installed which is understandable. What I find is without the belt strap in the holder, the passanger side buckle will slap against the door panel when the top is down as the belt gets caught in the air stream.
I find that this occurs occasionally depending on wind direction. I usually just reach over and do the belt up on the empty seat

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I have to raise my window about 2-3” so it’ll block the wind from hitting it on my shoulder.

Last edited:

TigerStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm also 6'2" and don't use the guide because of the neck rub AND that the belt will not retract with the seat positioned where I am comfortable. If the seat is just a few inches closer to the dash everything works smoothly. The angles just aren't right with the seat pushed back. With the "easy out" seat option. I just gave up on the drivers guide. I use the guide for the passenger side as my wife is only 5'6"
Sponsored