Sponsored

Alignment Specs & Reset Ride Height Sensors?

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Im either installing FP springs or OEM R springs. DO I have to reset the ride height sensors? Someone on the forums had a malfunction light, I remember having that issue with my BMW years ago but I damaged a ride height sensor and bought a new one problem solved. Just want to make sure, also no need to physically even touch them during this install so not sure how anyone would damage them.

I have seen some specs for the GT350 alignment but what throws me off is the toe. It looks like ford wants -0.5 toe for street or track? It shows in the supplemental owners guide toe-total -0.10 toe out.

I plan on running -1.12 camber front and -1.2 rear camber and +0.15 toe in for the rear as per ford spec. I just find it odd that they want -.10 toe out in the front. Makes me feel like the tires are gonna shred lol

EDIT: I read somewhere that the dampers can be calibrated on level ground after springs settle this way the dampers are more accurate to the suspension position. How can I have this done?
Sponsored

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
Following. Just did FP springs over the winter, have a computer malfunction now with the suspension that wont allow drive modes. Trying to pinpoint how to exactly reset the sensors

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Im either installing FP springs or OEM R springs. DO I have to reset the ride height sensors? Someone on the forums had a malfunction light, I remember having that issue with my BMW years ago but I damaged a ride height sensor and bought a new one problem solved. Just want to make sure, also no need to physically even touch them during this install so not sure how anyone would damage them.

I have seen some specs for the GT350 alignment but what throws me off is the toe. It looks like ford wants -0.5 toe for street or track? It shows in the supplemental owners guide toe-total -0.10 toe out.

I plan on running -1.12 camber front and -1.2 rear camber and +0.15 toe in for the rear as per ford spec. I just find it odd that they want -.10 toe out in the front. Makes me feel like the tires are gonna shred lol

EDIT: I read somewhere that the dampers can be calibrated on level ground after springs settle this way the dampers are more accurate to the suspension position. How can I have this done?
The R springs will give you pretty much the same ride height as stock, so no recalibration is required. However, it's supposed to be done if you do change the ride height or if you unbolt the ride height sensors, which is pretty much inevitable on the rear suspension when you're changing springs.

OP
OP
Driveway Demons

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The R springs will give you pretty much the same ride height as stock, so no recalibration is required. However, it's supposed to be done if you do change the ride height or if you unbolt the ride height sensors, which is pretty much inevitable on the rear suspension when you're changing springs.
So who does this besides the dealer? If they even will. I imagine any shop with a snap on scanner?

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
I thought the R springs drop it about half an inch?

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393

Do you have the Handling Package (Adjustable Camber Plates)? The reason I ask is because I went in to the Ford Dealer to have my alignment verified because I was reading so many accounts of people shredding tires because the factory alignment was flawed. Handed the Service Manager the page right out of the manual and asked for STREET alignment settings. When I came back the Service Manager said the tech circled the statement that those numbers are only applicable with the adjustable camber plates. He said the tech had verified all four wheels were aligned to street specs for non-adjustable plates (didn't provide the numbers). Just throwing that out there...

2020 Alignment.JPG

OP
OP
Driveway Demons

Driveway Demons

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the Handling Package (Adjustable Camber Plates)? The reason I ask is because I went in to the Ford Dealer to have my alignment verified because I was reading so many accounts of people shredding tires because the factory alignment was flawed. Handed the Service Manager the page right out of the manual and asked for STREET alignment settings. When I came back the Service Manager said the tech circled the statement that those numbers are only applicable with the adjustable camber plates. He said the tech had verified all four wheels were aligned to street specs for non-adjustable plates (didn't provide the numbers). Just throwing that out there...

2020 Alignment.JPG
Yes I do have adjustable strut plates from ford performance.

they are quality made too. Glad ford made these.

What’s the best toe setting for these cars? I’m shocked it’s asking for -0.10 toe out.

right now the car drives perfect. I’m curious to what the non adjustable strut top alignment specs are.

also I’m curious if running -1.2 camber front and -0.75 rear would help provide more oversteer?
Sponsored

Last edited: