Sponsored

Trump says he will sign executive order temporarily suspending immigration into US

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You didn't really answer any of my questions though. I was under the impression that one had to travel to immigrate.
That's true but you do not have to immigrate to travel. Travelling for business or pleasure it not the same thing as immigrating. Most travel has been banned. As an end result of this immigration is way down as well, as it should be. My point is there is absolutely no need for an executive order to stop a problem that doesn't exist in the first place.

But yes, anyone entering the United States for any reason should be tested. Now if we only had enough tests and testing materials. I wonder who we could go to for that?

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
That's true but you do not have to immigrate to travel. Travelling for business or pleasure it not the same thing as immigrating. Most travel has been banned. As an end result of this immigration is way down as well, as it should be. My point is there is absolutely no need for an executive order to stop a problem that doesn't exist in the first place.

But yes, anyone entering the United States for any reason should be tested. Now if we only had enough tests and testing materials. I wonder who we could go to for that?
Nearly 3/4 of the tests that China sent to Europe were defective (useless). Doesn't matter how much you test if the test doesn't work.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Nearly 3/4 of the tests that China sent to Europe were defective (useless). Doesn't matter how much you test if the test doesn't work.
If you recall the original CDC test didnā€™t work either. The German test available through the WHO did work but we had our heads up our asses and didnā€™t want to buy it. Regardless where are we with getting tests today?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Who made the defective tests that were actually infected with Covid?

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Who made the defective tests that were actually infected with Covid?
Read numerous articles regarding the China test and not a single one gave any indication they were infected with the virus. The countryā€™s that bought them claimed they were ineffective In detecting the virus in its early stages. Again we are way past the blame game at this point. What we need right now is an effective and readily available test to show if you have the virus and/or you had the virus. Without these tests there is the possibility that the case numbers we have now are going to look very small in the future.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Read numerous articles regarding the China test and not a single one gave any indication they were infected with the virus. The countryā€™s that bought them claimed they were ineffective In detecting the virus in its early stages. Again we are way past the blame game at this point. What we need right now is an effective and readily available test to show if you have the virus and/or you had the virus. Without these tests there is the possibility that the case numbers we have now are going to look very small in the future.
I agree testing would be good. As long as we don't have people out there trying to sew yellow stars on the shirts of everyone who has/had the virus - or vice versa. Test results should not be used as a lever to restrict/eliminate civil rights.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I agree testing would be good. As long as we don't have people out there trying to sew yellow stars on the shirts of everyone who has/had the virus - or vice versa. Test results should not be used as a lever to restrict/eliminate civil rights.
I find it interesting that you use the term "civil rights". Although it goes back a long time I still remember the civil rights movement. I also remeber my old civics classes in college.

As a reminder......
Unlike other rights concepts, such as human rights or natural rights, in which people acquire rights inherently, perhaps from God or nature, civil rights must be given and guaranteed by the power of the state.

Also the meaning of the word civil.......

civĀ·il
/Ėˆsiv(ə)l/

1. courteous and polite.
    "we tried to be civil to him"
    synonyms: polite, courteous, well mannered, well bred, gentlemanly, chivalrous, gallant, ladylike, gracious, respectful; More

What I am saying is in time of need we all need to be civil to one another and understand what "the greater good" means. Sometimes we have to give to get.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I find it interesting that you use the term "civil rights". Although it goes back a long time I still remember the civil rights movement. I also remeber my old civics classes in college.

As a reminder......
Unlike other rights concepts, such as human rights or natural rights, in which people acquire rights inherently, perhaps from God or nature, civil rights must be given and guaranteed by the power of the state.

Also the meaning of the word civil.......

civĀ·il
/Ėˆsiv(ə)l/

1. courteous and polite.
    "we tried to be civil to him"
    synonyms: polite, courteous, well mannered, well bred, gentlemanly, chivalrous, gallant, ladylike, gracious, respectful; More

What I am saying is in time of need we all need to be civil to one another and understand what "the greater good" means. Sometimes we have to give to get.

Maybe I was wrong to use the term civil rights. What I was intending to mean are the rights we all take for granted as Americans that are being taken away with the reasons currently being given are that exercising freedom might jeopardize someone else.

Maybe your comments about being civil aren't aimed at me, but I believe I'm being pretty civil. In my opinion, having your liberties and/or ability or the right to make a living taken away is something that is upsetting. More upsetting than death. Death is something that I'm resigned to. I realize it will happen to me and everyone else on this earth. I want to die well though. I don't want to go down cowering in a hole. I want to stand up and face it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I was wrong to use the term civil rights. What I was intending to mean are the rights we all take for granted as Americans that are being taken away with the reasons currently being given are that exercising freedom might jeopardize someone else.

Maybe your comments about being civil aren't aimed at me, but I believe I'm being pretty civil. In my opinion, having your liberties and/or ability or the right to make a living taken away is something that is upsetting. More upsetting than death. Death is something that I'm resigned to. I realize it will happen to me and everyone else on this earth. I want to die well though. I don't want to go down cowering in a hole. I want to stand up and face it.
But we also need to remember where our rights came from. The government. They can giveth and they can taketh away. :) Wait, that's God. Oh well pretty much the same.

I certainly was not referring to you in regards to being civil. We may disagree on many things but you have aways been civil. I too am reserved to knowing that I will eventually die, put its not going to be from some stupid viral bug.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
But we also need to remember where our rights came from. The government. They can giveth and they can taketh away. :) Wait, that's God. Oh well pretty much the same.

I certainly was not referring to you in regards to being civil. We may disagree on many things but you have aways been civil. I too am reserved to knowing that I will eventually die, put its not going to be from some stupid viral bug.
Our rights are from god, but many government officials want to take them away.

My guess is that a lot of people die from a viral bug when you get down to it. A combination of age and other risk factors are present and then you catch a bug and that pushes you over the brink. 20,000 to 60,000 Americans every year die from the flu - a single set of viral bugs among many that are out there.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Most travel has been banned.
But we also need to remember where our rights came from. The government. They can giveth and they can taketh away. :) .
That right there is the problem, the government didn't give me my rights, their one and only job is to protect those rights. That is why government exists.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I wish Trump would sign an Executive order requiring all Yankee and California scumbags to remain in their home states and live with the mess they created by voting for Dimmercrats for the last 40 years.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I wish Trump would sign an Executive order requiring all Yankee and California scumbags to remain in their home states and live with the mess they created by voting for Dimmercrats for the last 40 years.
I feel so bad for Austin natives. Californians are ruining the place, running from high taxes and no freedom in Cali, then trying to implement all the same laws and policies wherever they move to.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.