Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
my splitter is really beat up. You don't notice it much unless you intentionally look under the car. I just plan to get a new one when it starts hanging off the front end and can't be shoved back into shape.

Different if you have an R splitter I suppose
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
my splitter is really beat up. You don't notice it much unless you intentionally look under the car. I just plan to get a new one when it starts hanging off the front end and can't be shoved back into shape.

Different if you have an R splitter I suppose
R splitters go for 1 grand, so it’s worth trying to save it.

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
R splitters go for 1 grand, so it’s worth trying to save it.
Scraping the splitter also trashes the hardware holding it on. If you wear down the heads too far then you will have a hell of a time getting the splitter off when it comes time for replacement. Splitter protectors helps with that.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lorne, I think I would run the Sliplo if I did go with a kit, however to be honest I have never scrapped. I go like 1 mph over bumps and stuff and go at an angle with no issues.
Thanks Andy, I haven't scrapped yet, but noticed the tendency to drive a bit tense worrying about it.
it's mostly about my OCD and being cautious with the vehicle. If nothing else it will give me a warm fuzzy feeling... LOL....

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Scraping the splitter also trashes the hardware holding it on. If you wear down the heads too far then you will have a hell of a time getting the splitter off when it comes time for replacement. Splitter protectors helps with that.
If you scrap it that bad that you wear those heads, you have a different problem all together, and no splitter protector will fix it, I am afraid...

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Exactly. That’s why I like the protection of the Scrape armor as opposed to the other brand because it gets 100% coverage and all of those fasteners are protected by a 2mm sacrificial layer.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Corona boredom continues...installed Ford Performance air filter and awesome fuse box cover.
8FDB9D69-D193-47E1-A659-7C92D464275F.jpeg
Nice but... you are all red, why not the red Airaid dry filter, tis the same thing just .... red.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
A nice sunny day, gave her a bath... I mean we supposed to wash everything to keep virus away, right ?
20200423_155533.jpg

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Glad you had a nice sunny day. It's like friggin winter here. As far as the splitter goes, I've been driving Vettes for the past 13 years. Kinda got used to low front ends. Haven't scraped it yet.
Ordered an Odyssey AGM battery to replace the POS battery that came in the car.

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My son's friend had his sixth birthday party this week. Obviously with all of the COVID-19 stuff, that party didn't happen. So instead his parents put out some calls and got a fire truck and a bunch of friends to drive by the house honking the horn, etc. The GT350 was requested to be a part of the parade, so I was happy to bring it by and even revved it up once or twice.

Absolutely made his birthday and he thought I was cooler than a fire truck - so I've got that going for me!