Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Hi folks.

So last round of mods to the pony were due to start in Feb with American racing headers...and then...

So while I wait for the world to right itself I have been looking at the one piece carbon fibre drive shafts. Thoughts and views? Anyone installed one (had one installed)?
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I’ve installed plenty and run one myself. I’m gonna push you towards QA1. Plenty of factory videos on YouTube and posts on here.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks.

So last round of mods to the pony were due to start in Feb with American racing headers...and then...

So while I wait for the world to right itself I have been looking at the one piece carbon fibre drive shafts. Thoughts and views? Anyone installed one (had one installed)?
Another vote for QA1. The quality needs to be seen to be believed. Functional art.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
They even torque test every single shaft before it leaves. Very impressive.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Bagration

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I got mine from Fred Solazzo. Herrod stocks them also. Not sure outside of that sorry.
Well I bought everything else from Fred so American Speed it is then :-). Is there an appreciable change to NVH with the one piece? Having said that I have an AWE exhaust so it probably isn't an issue....just curious

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I bought everything else from Fred so American Speed it is then :-). Is there an appreciable change to NVH with the one piece? Having said that I have an AWE exhaust so it probably isn't an issue....just curious
I didn’t notice any change whatsoever. Fortunately, the CF doesn’t seem to resonate like an aluminium shaft would. Having a didgeridoo under the car was one reason to avoid ally, the other being that most of them use uni-joints at both ends, meaning you want to get the angles almost perfect. The CV joint removes this necessity but you still want the uni at a reasonable angle.

OP
OP
Bagration

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t notice any change whatsoever. Fortunately, the CF doesn’t seem to resonate like an aluminium shaft would. Having a didgeridoo under the car was one reason to avoid ally, the other being that most of them use uni-joints at both ends, meaning you want to get the angles almost perfect. The CV joint removes this necessity but you still want the uni at a reasonable angle.
Thanks Burkey - really appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

Paul
Sponsored